Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 373072 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Wierd... Atlus is saying that KOF XIII is at PAX on their facebook page.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Wierd... Atlus is saying that KOF XIII is at PAX on their facebook page.

Yeah, I'm confused about this. Maybe KOFXIII won't be today but tomorrow?

EDIT: Ok, someone found the game at PAX, this is from NeoGAF:

It is at PAX at the Alist games booth behind Nintendo. The build of the game didn't seem to have Saiki or flaming Iori. Checked the options menu and there were no video related options. I asked the guy at the booth about Iori and he said he would be the first DLC character and he might be playable later today which was really weird. More updates later!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:06:54 PM by DarKaoZ »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
So I challenge the assertion that classic SNK was somehow better at making KOF than SNKP.

I have to agree to this. SNKP did seem kinda off kilter during SvC Chaos / NGBC days, and KoF XI was a good improvement over 2003.

But what SNKP has managed to do with the most recent games, seems to prove to me that they're the best at being SNK at the moment. There's been very few mis-steps, as far as preserving the idealogy and identity of pre-Playmore SNK.

At any rate, onto the PAX Stuff:

Hope we see some video soon, or... something. I wouldn't be suprised if Saiki just wasn't unlocked yet. They did mention that Saiki and Billy were unlocked on different systems each at the JP loketest.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
At any rate, onto the PAX Stuff:

My body is ready! Let's do this!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
A friend of mine who's at PAX today said the same thing. However I believe the exhibition hall takes up two floors of the convention center this year, so that might be throwing people off.

Atlus hasn't said anything about pulling out at the last minute:
http://twitter.com/#!/AtlusUSA/status/106786131084967936

EDIT: lol, got ninja'd
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:25:16 PM by SonicTempest »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Hopefully tomorrow we get more info, since Japan will have the 2nd Demo and PAX has XIII. But I'm surprised we haven't seen anything from PAX yet.

kofoguz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I know it's late, but I just wanted to chime in on the SNKPlaymore debate.

I'd argue that the only classic SNK KOF to stand the test of time has been 98. That's ONE game. Eolith gave us 2002. SNKP has given us 98UM, 2002UM, XI and XIII. And while they're less popular, I would also consider KOF MI2/MIA and KOF XII as among my favorites.

So I challenge the assertion that classic SNK was somehow better at making KOF than SNKP.
Man, I was so dissapointed when they cancelled MI series. MI2 was a good direction in the series they take, we were waiting for MI3, then boom cancelled. Bummer. 
I think they should revisit the series and finish the story. If continued I believe it would improve a lot more and gain a lot of fans = make money. IIRC they made money from MI2, too. Shame.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Some PAX impressions by patrickthehedgehog from NeoGAF:

I couldn't believe the shit-tastic TVs that they had the game running on today. Both had obviously different contrast/brightness settings and neither of them looked right. It seems that this build of the game is older and we will not be seeing the one with Saiki and DLC Iori this weekend. No tournament either. Honestly, it wasn't the best showing. I tried playing the game against a guy who said he liked GG and Blazblue and he sounded kinda interested in it so I tried to hype him up about it! I feel like I could get people more excited about this game than the (nice) guys working the booth. They weren't even explaining the game to noobs or rattling off any of it's features. Kinda bummed me out. Got some sweet swag though!

It sucks that the setup was bad, but it's awesome they gave the game sleeve covers. I still want one of them, even if they feel cheap. =(

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
quite similar to what happened in Tokyo last week... Bad monitors, bad showing and useless staff. But at least we have EX Iori, Saiki and Billy. But I guess in PAX people will be able to play versus... isn't it?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
About the front page of this thread, didn't someone say K' QCF+A/C lost active frames AND it start up got nerfed?(or was it the recovery...)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
quite similar to what happened in Tokyo last week... Bad monitors, bad showing and useless staff. But at least we have EX Iori, Saiki and Billy. But I guess in PAX people will be able to play versus... isn't it?
Lets see how SNKP does it today in Japan, since there is a new showing. Hopefully the new blobs get revealed this time around.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
About the front page of this thread, didn't someone say K' QCF+A/C lost active frames AND it start up got nerfed?(or was it the recovery...)

;st for starting frames and  ;a for active ones, rougly :
Arcade version :
 ;st ;st ;st ;st ;a ;a ;a ;a

Console version :
 ;st ;st ;st ;st ;st ;st ;a ;a
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Unluck there k'.
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile

Sometimes I don't get Companies, the key to sells is to Connect with the customers... So if you don't know how to, get somebody that does... Musicians have done this for years, they go to a Fan-site and they ask "we have an event this weekend come and work with us... free meal," and fans love to see other fans have fun like that... just like Gamescom, I love the live stream by frionel... if was just cool, "but I wish I knew some french!"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:22:57 PM by Chipymax »
Xbox live: Chipymax

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Ok... it's Saturday night for me and I'm quite shocked that we haven't heard more info from PAX and from the Japanese Demo.