Author Topic: Color Edit in The King of Fighters XIII  (Read 46345 times)

KingofSarus

• New Challenger
  • B. Jenet for XIII!!
    • View Profile
Color Edit in The King of Fighters XIII
« on: August 08, 2011, 09:17:51 AM »
I'm not sure if there's a thread already created for it (I didn't see anything in the GD forum) but I was just curious about it and had a few questions regarding it...

Does anyone have footage (or images) of how Color Edit will work?
As in, are we allowed to create our own colors or are there a set of colors we may choose from.

Can we use our Color Edits online?
I can see this happening if we are allowed to choose our own colors.

Will we have our own selection for Color Edit in the Character Selection or can we override the existing alternate coloring with our own?

Apologizes for the multiple questions, but I've been dying to play King of Fighters XIII for a very long time and knowing that I can create my own "Blue-clothed" Mai without her being dark or a "Blue-clothed" King with her original hair color got me extremely hyped. Haha!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Color Edit in The King of Fighters XIII
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:44:30 AM »
Does anyone have footage (or images) of how Color Edit will work?
As in, are we allowed to create our own colors or are there a set of colors we may choose from.
Judging by this pic looks like you are going to be able to choose and combine colors for each part.

Can we use our Color Edits online?
I can see this happening if we are allowed to choose our own colors.
Yes, of course. Color Edit it has been thought as a feature specially for online

Will we have our own selection for Color Edit in the Character Selection or can we override the existing alternate coloring with our own?
You can save 5 own colors per character added to their 10 default colors (so each character can have 15 colors). Not sure how this works for character with alternate outfit, like Raiden for example, not sure if you can have 5 costum colors for Raiden and 5 ones for Big Bear.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:51:26 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

KingofSarus

• New Challenger
  • B. Jenet for XIII!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »
That's fantastic!

Thanks for the info.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »
Based on what I saw from the 5 sec preview on the trailer, this is how I think Color Edit will work:

Ok after watching the SNKP trailer frame by frame, I figure out how KOFXIII Color Editor works.

1. The color squares are predetermined colors.
2. The Triangle like Tabs on the right are the different body parts that can be colored.
3. The stars on the Color Squares are most likely a way to say that color is new for you to pick. Meaning that you might have to pass the game with a character several times to gain new colors.

Ok now, here is how I see it works:
a) You pick a tab to select the body part you want to color
b) Then you select the color and it will automatically color that body part with that color you chose.

So there is no way to do shadings in this game like the old Color Editors, that also means no way to have "Naked Yuri" or "all Black/White" characters. That is great news for lots of people, unfortunately, you will be able to see weird colors from people, you can't get out of that.

This is from the OT, I just quoted myself and pasted here.

KingofSarus

• New Challenger
  • B. Jenet for XIII!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 10:20:16 AM »
That's why I asked would it be online-capable (and said that it could happen if we aren't allowed to make our own colors) thanks to perverts ruining the fun. Haha!

In the end, it's all good.
I just want to have my ladies in Dark Blue or Pink with their original skin tone and hair color.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »
That's why I asked would it be online-capable (and said that it could happen if we aren't allowed to make our own colors) thanks to perverts ruining the fun. Haha!

In the end, it's all good.
I just want to have my ladies in Dark Blue or Pink with their original skin tone and hair color.

Yeah, having the colors already preset and limited to the ones SNKP decides to give you for each body part, it will be almost impossible to come up with "naked" versions or all those "shadow" like characters that make it hard to fight. SNKP was smart and they did what I thought they would do and it's a good thing they did. But unfortunately you will still see some crazy/bad colored pallets out there unfortunately. =/

KingofSarus

• New Challenger
  • B. Jenet for XIII!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »
Yeah, I have to give kudos to SNKP for not letting certain-kind-of-people create naked characters. (It's pretty damn retarded and sad, in my opinion)

I guess having an opponent in a "raving" color scheme can be very distracting, but I'm sure if we ask, SNKP could give us the option to let us see our opponents in their original color scheme when they pick a "Color Edit" costume, while the opponent, on their end, can still see theirs.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 12:03:18 PM »
I'm not really worried about "crazy colors", I guess I get used with soul calibur IV crazy edit characters... (some were really freaking). I'm more worried about coloring fireballs or powers, wich could be really distracting and can afect gameplay, but it doesn't seem to be the case, fortunately.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 12:42:59 PM »
Unlockable customisation options to make your fighter unique - choose from over 20 colour types, parts and icons

I wonder, what do they mean by "parts"? Will be there a function to attach, for example, to Slasher Iori his symbol on his back? And I think it's more than just the symbol.
It seems like another mistake from RSG, 'cause SNKP haven't told anything about it, have they?
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 12:58:05 PM »
Unlockable customisation options to make your fighter unique - choose from over 20 colour types, parts and icons

I wonder, what do they mean by "parts"? Will be there a function to attach, for example, to Slasher Iori his symbol on his back? And I think it's more than just the symbol.
It seems like another mistake from RSG, 'cause SNKP haven't told anything about it, have they?

Yeah, that is pretty much unknown. But this scan says the following:

Translation: "Playstation Store's online shop allows for purchase of Custom themes and icons. Plus, surprising download characters!?"
Scan: http://www.imagebam.com/image/5f76c9143352901

So my assumption is that RSG got it wrong and it was Themes and Icons, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:02:58 PM by DarKaoZ »

KingofSarus

• New Challenger
  • B. Jenet for XIII!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 01:14:57 PM »
I don't think KOFXIII will have that kind of customization.

Hell, I don't think any 2D-fighter that I know does such a thing.

I know Skullgirls is rumored to allow you to let your character wear glasses, long socks instead of short, etc., but I don't see KOFXIII doing that.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 01:32:05 PM »

I know Skullgirls is rumored to allow you to let your character wear glasses, long socks instead of short, etc., but I don't see KOFXIII doing that.

KOFXIII already did that, check Yuri, Athena, Benimaru and others Color Pallets. Skullgirls is doing the same of what KOFXIII did, they just color parts of the sprite a certain way to make it look like they wear other stuff. But KOFXIII is going a bit far, they are doing Alternative outfits for the characters, such as giving Takuma his Mr. Karate mask, Raiden not wearing a mask, Original Kyo outfit, Original Elizabeth Outfit and more.

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 01:48:18 PM »

KOFXIII already did that, check Yuri, Athena, Benimaru and others Color Pallets. Skullgirls is doing the same of what KOFXIII did, they just color parts of the sprite a certain way to make it look like they wear other stuff. But KOFXIII is going a bit far, they are doing Alternative outfits for the characters, such as giving Takuma his Mr. Karate mask, Raiden not wearing a mask, Original Kyo outfit, Original Elizabeth Outfit and more.

Yes, this is the only argument that may prove RSG's statement to be true.
And SNKP did great job even for arcade. I was much surprised when I saw alt outfits.
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 02:24:56 AM »
I'm worried about the limitations set on the color edit. I like to make zombie versions of the characters I play, but hopefully I can still make it work. I would hate for it to be the end of Team Zombie.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 02:39:55 AM »
I'm really intrigued for the icons part since SNKP already did that in XIII

Look at kula with iori colors she has the moon sign on her back, maybe what kind of wacky effects we could see in the game

Still, customisate fireballs and those things is not bad, I'm sure that there will be a limit like in the sprite characters (it was cool to customise the phoenix of kim in 2002um)

Waifu Material