Author Topic: Color Edit in The King of Fighters XIII  (Read 46346 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: Color Edit in The King of Fighters XIII
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 08:59:14 PM »
You're welcome, Gentleman! And, thankfully for me, all the locals I play with appreciate real color edits, lol.

I did fight some strikingly UGLY color mods on NGBC online, however... And a few on Neowave, which seemed less like they were trying to be distracting, and more like they just... didn't understand how to color edit.

I just finished looking at some stuff for the new Thundercats animation... It'd be pretty funny to cosplay that in color edit, lol. K' as Lion-O, Leona as Cheetara, and Maxima or Goro as Panthro... lol.

We already have Eva Unit 01 Maxima in the game... So maybe make Leona into Rei, and Kensou into Shinji?

Kim's definitely going to be rockin some Fist of the North Star Kenshiro-style coloring, as well (WAH-TAH!)... Gotta find some way to make a team Tenchi Muyo, lol (Kula as Sasami? Ryo-oki?) How hard would it be to make FMA's Roy Mustang out of Kyo? Great Teacher Onizuka Shen Woo? Full Metal Panic's Chidori out of Athena? (Not to mention the entire cast of Sailor Moon, lol)...

There's just so much creative stuff to be done with color edit, it's a bit sad when people just wanna make jumbled messes and shadow-characters, just to annoy their opponents...

Belegorm

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2011, 08:17:45 PM »
I've got a friend who's reaaaalllyyy colour-blind... if I ever get him to play this game I should make a mirror team of his and make them all red and green (his worst colours) xD

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2011, 10:00:44 PM »

Gotta find some way to make a team Tenchi Muyo, lol (Kula as Sasami? Ryo-oki?)
There's just so much creative stuff to be done with color edit, it's a bit sad when people just wanna make jumbled messes and shadow-characters, just to annoy their opponents...

Kula = Sasami
Mai = Ryoko
Betty = Ayeka
Yuri = Mihoshi
Leona = Kiyone

I can't think who could be washu, maybe athena?

Just do it, there is some money there

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 02:10:57 AM »
Kula = Sasami
Mai = Ryoko
Betty = Ayeka
Yuri = Mihoshi
Leona = Kiyone

I can't think who could be washu, maybe athena?

Just do it, there is some money there

Hmmm... Leona would probably fit Washu's hairstyle the best, we'll just pretend she's Adult / Goddess Washu, heh heh. Athena can be that girl from Tenchi in Tokyo that noone who remembers Tenchi ever likes, lol. Sakuya or something like that.

Mature would also make a pretty creepy Adult Washu, lol. All the "Kimochi desho?" questions would take on a very scientific meaning, lol.

Kyo would make a cool Tenchi, lol. Kusanagi Flames, light hawk wings... it's all the same, right? ;) (though I'd be tempted to make him Sie as well...) Chin could moonlight as his father...!...?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 02:38:23 AM »
And Takuma the grand father

Poor sakuya, she was beautiful, but nobody gaves a crap for her

Still, I will just make all the chars wear the same colors, but withouth changing their original style

Waifu Material

X_Factor

• New Challenger
  • Psyche your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 06:17:06 PM »
Quick question, did they confirm you could change just the two extra slots or all the slots?  I could not really tell from the scan in this thread.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »
Quick question, did they confirm you could change just the two extra slots or all the slots?  I could not really tell from the scan in this thread.

There's something like 5 or so rainbow-colored slots per character, if I remember right. Maybe it allows you to unlock more, as you play, and gain more colors.

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2011, 04:41:14 PM »
Has there been any videos showcasing the color edit put up yet?

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2011, 05:11:51 PM »
There's something like 5 or so rainbow-colored slots per character, if I remember right. Maybe it allows you to unlock more, as you play, and gain more colors.
Or DLC.

Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2011, 09:49:46 PM »
Or DLC.

Well, the US Website update today (Under Online -> Customization) seems to make the "Five customize palettes per character" thing solid, now, so no worries there!

The only customization DLC I'd wonder about is new "costume parts" such as Kyo and Betty's alt outfits. Which I'd be fine with; that's a decent amount of re-drawing! Though I hope we get as many in the main game as possible.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »
According to atlus site, the colors are allowed by playing different character (each character has his own palette) and when you unlock a color on a character you unlock this color for every other characters in the games, whose colors are signed by the little blue star.

http://www.signedbyr.com/en/news/snk-shows-us-the-customization-system/
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2011, 12:03:22 PM »
i hope blue mary is in this game ive always wanted to try and make a android 18 alt color for her

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks for the Link! :)

I'm not sure how to feel about it, because for me, finding the colors on my own was part of the fun. I do love how there are so many options and individual things to tweak on the characters though. I will enjoy messing with this. I only hope that they will be able to build on this in the future.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2011, 11:55:09 PM »
Via LOL, FORUMS! on Atlus forums, a bit of clarification on the color edit details:

Quote from: lol, forums;264652
Here's some clarification, based on my knowledge of the game (rather than a better translation of the interview):

- By default, there's 10 selectable colors per part (the same colors as that of 1P - 10P). In the case of skin color, it'll be a bit different: the left-top color in the selection window will be that of the 1P color, and the rest are shared amongst all characters in the game.

Each character starts with 10 different colors for each of their  customizable parts. For each part of a character for each character, that set of 10 colors is unique.  The exception to this, is the skin color. For that, color 1 will be whatever the skin color is for the character's default color scheme ("1P" as said above; also, this is true for every part). Colors 2-9, however, are the exact same for the skin part of every character.

- You can unlock additional colors every time you play with that character. The additional colors are shared between all characters and all parts. (That's exactly what it says in the blog. Make sense? Not completely to me.)

Beyond the first 10 colors, there's up to 20 more you can unlock. This set of 20 is the same 20 colors for every part of every character. Before anyone assumes anything, that does not mean you unlock those colors for all characters at once, just because they're the same colors. You unlock them per character, which is what the first line in the interview quote directly above is getting at.

And in case this wasn't clear already: You don't unlock colors separately by part; if you unlock colors 11-20 for a character, you'll have those colors for all that character's parts.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 12:21:53 AM »
I'm having some ideas for color edit

Ryo de Janeiro (Ryo with the brazilian football team shirt)
FlutterYuri (I still don't know if make her skin Yellow, or just his hair pink and her costume yellow)
Maxima Bison

Waifu Material