Author Topic: Color Edit in The King of Fighters XIII  (Read 46371 times)

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
Re: Color Edit in The King of Fighters XIII
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 02:03:10 AM »
Here is some ideas:

-Takuma da Mangueira (aka Marco's D palette from Garou)
-Saiki Freeman (Freeman's A palette)
-Hwa Don (similar to Adon palette)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 02:20:37 AM »
I think that Hwa Don is already on the game, but maybe one could make him better

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 07:29:28 AM »
Via LOL, FORUMS! on Atlus forums, a bit of clarification on the color edit details:

Quote from: lol, forums;264652
Here's some clarification, based on my knowledge of the game (rather than a better translation of the interview):

- By default, there's 10 selectable colors per part (the same colors as that of 1P - 10P). In the case of skin color, it'll be a bit different: the left-top color in the selection window will be that of the 1P color, and the rest are shared amongst all characters in the game.

Each character starts with 10 different colors for each of their  customizable parts. For each part of a character for each character, that set of 10 colors is unique.  The exception to this, is the skin color. For that, color 1 will be whatever the skin color is for the character's default color scheme ("1P" as said above; also, this is true for every part). Colors 2-9, however, are the exact same for the skin part of every character.

- You can unlock additional colors every time you play with that character. The additional colors are shared between all characters and all parts. (That's exactly what it says in the blog. Make sense? Not completely to me.)

Beyond the first 10 colors, there's up to 20 more you can unlock. This set of 20 is the same 20 colors for every part of every character. Before anyone assumes anything, that does not mean you unlock those colors for all characters at once, just because they're the same colors. You unlock them per character, which is what the first line in the interview quote directly above is getting at.

And in case this wasn't clear already: You don't unlock colors separately by part; if you unlock colors 11-20 for a character, you'll have those colors for all that character's parts.

But they still haven't answered if it's possible to do Naked characters, what I wanted to know is if it's possible or not.

Hmm... or maybe I didn't read it correctly I'm not sure, but it seems to be he just confirms that all the colors can be used in every part. But I doubt SNKP would allow the skin colors to be used in all the parts. =/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:33:40 AM by DarKaoZ »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2011, 07:59:32 AM »
Well I would assume that because of the way they've designed Color Edit, that they've pretty much locked down any decent attempt at Naked Characters.

Otherwise I wouldn't see any other reason not to let you change colors manually.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2011, 06:48:45 PM »
Otherwise I wouldn't see any other reason not to let you change colors manually.
I can think of two very good reasons.

The first is to make the process of editing characters easier. Even after getting the basics down of adjusting RGB values to get a desired color, it still takes a while to get the shading down. Often times, the shading just won't fit the rest of the characters in the game. This new method not only simplifies the process, but also ensures that other players won't have to have their corneas damaged by, let's say, excessive creativity.

The second is that this method adds unlockables to the game. This may seem like a tiny thing, but giving players rewards (even tiny ones) can have profound effect on how they play the game. The fact that it's a reward might actually urge more players to edit their character, or even get them to play the game more often.

All in all, I think SNKP has found a great way to add replay value to the game, with only minimal effort on their part.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 10:34:57 PM »
I really, REALLY appreciate the amount of work SNKP has "done for you" in this character edit mode. While RGB sliders are a nice option, in all reality, there's only so many colors that work well to use for a vixible image, or that fit with the demands that lighting, shadows, highlights, rim-lighitng, and special effect all bring on.

Most "Couch Creators" don't really care about any of that, though. Either they don't care enough to learn it, or they don't care enough to respect it. Hence we end up with shdows shaded like highlights, ultra-neon colors, flat, shadeless images, or colors that blend into the backgrounds, mix in with the special effects, or diminish the games effects (such as making a character with so much white, that Elisabeth's "white shine" hit effect would be unable to be seen.)

They've streamlined the creative process here, and basically have given us a color creation tool that's similiar (if not exactly) like the one they use to make their default colors in-game. It's a customizer with the mind of an artist in all of the details; It's already taken care of finding shades to make colors POP, or to make them have the texture and shine that a material of that make and type, should have.

To me, this is all utterly fantastic. In a way, it's a growth for Color Edit options, as GGPO is a growth for online netcode. It takes a lot of the "clunk" out of the experience, and leaves the enjoyable side, waiting for you to partake in.

When it comes to the potential of nude characters, we'll really get to see how creative SNKP became. Like, of example, obviously, Yuri can color certain parts of her leggings into flesh tones. But even if the same color is used on a part that will make her look "nude", the shade tone and strength of highlights can avoid her actually looking "nude". Light doesn't effect flesh-colored clothes, the same way it does actual flesh.

They've already shown this kind of insight with many of the arcade colors. For a simple example, look at Hwa's color number 6 here:

Both his pants, and his flesh, are a white color. But the difference in shades helps seperate the 2.

(Hwa's also a good example of the fact that skincolors will be pretty wild in this game, and not just peach/brown tones. as is today's DBZ Blog picture!)

Really looking foward to this mode. It's great to see what creative people will come up with, when given the proper tools! I'll be having some fun fighting aganist Haloween themed colors, or playing Merry Christmas colors during the holidays, myself!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2011, 01:22:08 AM »
I really wonder how piccolo will look  in game, there looks nice, but in game the green hair will look backwars, but SNKP actuall found a way to make andy bald then kudos for them

Waifu Material

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
Now that I recalled, I MUST make an stan hansen color edit with raiden

I'm impressed, considering that the lariat is raiden neomax and that hansen was big in japan that SNKP didn't make a color edit in homage to him

Waifu Material

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »
bump

Waifu Material

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »
I played with Color Edit in any of the games it's been in. Especially XI

So much that I used the nifty features that let you take palletes from other characters and even other preset colors from the same character.

I always do a "Sailor Mars" Athena (red skirt, white shirt, black hair). i even edited her special attacks to be in "fiery" colors. Athena as Kisarah Westfield.

Kula with her "normal" hair. Kula as K'. Kula as whip.

Purple suited Shingo.

Brown clothed Kensou.

Elizabeth as her XII/XIII versions. Ash as Saiki.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2011, 09:53:13 PM »
My idea to share colors as there is no simple way to do it was to share them in a numerical way with COLUMS for the section of the body and ROWS for the color used.

Section of the body COLUMNS: Example character only has 15 sections. (different characters have different amount of sections to customize, ex. Saiki only has 9 I think)

COLOR number, every character has 30 colors so we would use something like this.

01. 02. 03. 04. 05.
06. 07. 08. 09. 10.
11. 12. 13. 14. 15.
16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
21. 22. 23. 24. 25.
26. 27. 28. 29. 30

So if I make Sentinel Maxima I will post a picture of it and then write it down like the example below.

1/07, 2/03, 3/21, 4/22, 5/17, 6/25, 7/14, 8/09, 9/16, 10/25, 11/09, 12/13, 13/25, 14/22, 15/25.

The first number will stand for the section of the body and the second will stand for the color used.

I've thought about this easy share method during my testing days at Atlus, I hope you guys like it and if you do maybe a mod can add it to the first post and add to the title "Sharing instructions on first post" or something like that.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 09:57:15 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »
1st thing i will do when my KOF XIII will be in my Xbox ^0^

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2011, 10:10:05 PM »
ACHOOOOOO-!

That is sick!
SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2011, 10:11:32 PM »
1st thing i will do when my KOF XIII will be in my Xbox ^0^

MY PANTS THEY'VE BEEN SOILED! Stupid sexy Kensou...

really though, that is an interesting idea. Especially that tattoo.

Maybe fei Long will play Kensou in Kensou's proposal of a film based on the "Psycho Rangers" that appeared in his ending haha.

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2011, 10:17:24 PM »
fei long.....fei.....long......fei...........long

this is Bruce Lee !