Author Topic: Who's getting 3SOE?  (Read 43232 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Who's getting 3SOE?
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »
some fucking bs thats missingin this version of the game, crapcum of usa fucking sucks dicks. play the ps2 versions of the game and you can not only change the size of the screen from left to right and up and down, but you can evenmove the screen from left to right or up to down. this is not possible on oe, fucking bs. especially playing on an old tv crt with scart, our screen was too much to the left and we couldnt even change that shit, fucking bs that you could do it in a previous gen console same game that came out years before this so called ultimate edition, ultimate my ass.

You can actually change the height and length of the screen manually in SF3OE, but you just can't move the screen position. But at least it's something

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2011, 02:03:23 AM »
too bad all i got for myself is the trial =P

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »
Yellow bar connections seem to be getting worse...
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »
Yo Wingshot, this vid by Renic does a good job explaining the appeal of 3S.

3rd Strike is fun

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2011, 07:00:52 PM »
Wasn't going to buy this since I have the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for xbox and I was never really able to get into it. Then I heard about the trials this version has and I thought I would give it another shot, and I'm so glad I did. The trials are far from perfect (really wish there were more character combo trials), but they are still helping me out a lot.

It's too bad the timing of this game is so bad. I'm trying to train up on KOF so I'll be ready for XIII's release, but I only have so much free time.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2011, 10:18:54 PM »
Yo Wingshot, this vid by Renic does a good job explaining the appeal of 3S.

Indeed it does. Pokes seem to work better in 3s than in sf4 so footsies just seem to work better and the ability to parry gives you atleast one extra option in every situation. It feels like playing sf2 but more complete, the downsides being some lame new character designs, horrible music and the fact that it is so much more complicated in its simplicity than sf4.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2011, 04:03:59 AM »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2011, 04:15:58 AM »
After time I had appreciated better the themes from 33

That being said, I don't find the new remixes nearly as horrible as some people try to paint them, hell, even some themes like the one from sean and oro are way better than the original versions

That being said, the remixes could go to hell for screwing jazzy nyc

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2011, 07:08:03 AM »
BLASPHEMY!

Nah, SF3rd has just 1 or 2 memorable tunes, the best one been Dudley theme. But besides that the rest are meh, nothing on the leagues of SF2 or Alpha series. I don't even mention SF4 because all the tunes are remixes of the old ones and most of the stage music are horrible.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2011, 07:43:47 AM »
horrible music

BLASPHEMY!

I don't know how serious your post was, but i give you a serious reply just incase.

Horrible may be a bit harsh, but it is honestly not good. The title/menu and character select songs are more humorous than anything and the actual ingame music is a borefest that luckily stays on the plus side because it is still better than nothing and does not hurt the game.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2011, 11:58:18 AM »
third strikes music is on par with the very best tunes of the 2 and alpha series. what i was oping forwith this oe release was al the bg's from second impact as well.a lot of the bg's from si are better than the ones used in ts.

also doesnt anybody have a problem with the sound? after giving away many ass beatings yesterday and checking out the options i failed to find an options for the sound. again, doesnt anybody else have sound issues? like the volume ofthe characters not matching the volume of the music, and volume of characters changing during match.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2011, 12:33:51 PM »
Hehe, my opinions of the alpha series isn't high but thats not very relevant i guess.

I have no real trouble with sound in the game except for the known bug that causes music to stop playing sometimes and then resume the next round. If any volume settings in the game are odd though, i probably wouldn't notice unless it's really annoying because i did not play much prior to this release.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2011, 12:45:31 PM »
Eh...

http://youtu.be/FCE_7qUF10o?t=40s

Yellow bar connection, and yet my attacks go right through their body and they're able to hit me... I don't know guys. Here's hoping patching fixes it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:23:29 PM by LouisCipher »

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2011, 07:18:23 PM »
I have the game, now what?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2011, 07:42:29 PM »
I have the game, now what?

Dance the Macarena and do 3 deadly backflips. Ones you do that, just stare at the game and do nothing.