Author Topic: SSF4 AE 2012 Ver. AKA Ono Trolling  (Read 13492 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
SSF4 AE 2012 Ver. AKA Ono Trolling
« on: August 23, 2011, 05:18:49 AM »
Dunno if there was a topic about it. Anyways, first change list posted in Capcom SSF4/SFxT Blog:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/development_blog/2011/08/23_4052.html

Translation:

Ryu
-Increased the vertical hitbox on U2 for better anti-air/full animation.
-Can combo full U2 after counter hit Shakunetsu Hadoken. So if c.mk gets absorbed by a FA, Ryu can do EX Fireball, FADC U2 for 500 damage. If Ryu is close range he can hit EX Fireball -> U2 without FADC.
-The “brake” frame on air Tatsu decreased by 3 frames, if used on this frame the trajectory will change.
-Solar plexus 40+60 for 100 total damage.
If he hits S.RH counter hit on a crouching opponent he can combo sweep after it.

Chun-li
-Head stomps will come out on DF, not just D. They note that DB won’t work though.
-Kintekishu (B+MK) +3 advantage on counter hit, easier to hit confirm into the second hit.
-Sweep 150 stun.
-Kikoken startup 9F, easier to use as AA/use in combos.
-They are fixing the bug where characters fell out of the U1 juggle in AE.

Ken
-Target combo hits easier on crouching opponents, can also delay the inputs.
-EX Shoryuken damage 80+30+30+50, 190 total.

Honda
-Jab headbutt gets its upper body invincibility back.
-Strong headbutt loses it, so it works the same as Jab Headbutt did in AE.

Blanka
-Each ball gets an extra 10 in damage, so Jab 110, Strong 120, Fierce 130, EX 120.
-For Fierce and EX Ball, if it hits on the second frame (same frame where FA cancel is possible), it causes blow-back damage. Will be easier to follow-up EX Ball with additional hits if FADC’d.
-Charged Rock Crusher gives Blanka a 5 frame advantage, so he can do Rock -Crusher, C.MK, FP Ball as a combo.

Zangief
-Jab SPD 150 stun.
-EX Backfist damage 90+50 for a total of 140. Stun 100+50 for a total of 150.
-Adjusted the hitbox on c.jab, so that it hits more easily off a jump-in against characters it formerly didn’t. Hurtbox for c.short reduced in height, making it easier to pass under certain attacks.

Guile
-Balance adjustments centered around the changes made to him from Super to AE.
-The frames in which Guile could be counter-hit after Sonic Boom have been eliminated? (Not 100% sure)
-Air throws 3F startup.
-Spinning backfist 100 damage.
-Can't be thrown out of upside down kick from the 6th frame until the last active frame.

Dhalsim
-Yoga Inferno damage 75 x 2, 60 x 3 for a total of 330 damage.
-EX Yoga Blast damage 90 + 50. First hit gets 20 more damage, second hit 20 less, so if Sim only gets the first hit he gets the better damage.
-C.jab active for 4F. But other frame info unaltered.
-Hurtbox on Yoga Blast reduced.
-Can follow up Yoga Blast with additional moves for combo.

Balrog
-Headbutt damage fixed back to Super, strong 120, Fierce 140, EX 150.
-U2 damage 399.
-Hit properties on Dash Overhead changed so that it can combo into c.strong on all characters.
-Close stand fierce hitbox extended downwards so that it hits crouching characters that it used to whiff on.

Sagat
-Angry Scar Tiger Uppercut damage increased: LP, MP, and EX get +10

Viper

-MP Thunder Knuckle 120 -> 110 damage
-EX Thunder Knuckle startup reduced to 25f, but +2 recovery
-EX Seismo 120 -> 100 damage
-U1 -> 441 damage
-U1 hitbox improved so it's easier to hit fully after air burnkick and HP Thunder Knuckle
-U2 damage increased to 410

Vega
-cr.HK damage increased to 110, same as Super.
-1 more frame of stun on the opponent after cosmic heel, making it -3 at worst.
-Sky High Claw causes blowback when it hits a grounded opponent (same words as the blanka ball change)
-U1 hitbox after it hits on the way up increased drastically so that it doesn't unexpectedly miss.
-U2 startup changed to 8f.

Bison
-Scissors stun changed to 100/50 (150 total) on all strengths
-First hit causes 1f extra stun, so if you FADC the first hit you can have +5 advantage at best.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:15:20 AM by DarKaoZ »

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: SSF4 AE 2012 Ver. AKA Ono Trolling
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 05:44:12 AM »
some of it has already been translated on SRK http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/22/ssf4ae-version-2012-changes-part-1/
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 06:44:24 AM »
Buff Juri okthxbai

Seriously i hope he drops that "unbalance on purpose" BS.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 07:17:53 AM »
Like some of the SRK members, I'm not getting the C. Viper nerfs; it'd be sad if her semi-final victories and almost grand finals victory was why it happened. I'm just waiting for that Yun/Yang update like everyone else; I want to see how many people might be willing (or say they will) to drop the game if the # of nerfs aren't double to the # of buffs Yun/Yang get.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 07:26:11 AM »
As a Vega player I am quite pleased with his buffs as sky high claw has a ridiculous amount of recovery that makes it super unsafe (so much so that in certain situations it could be punished even after hitting) as for ultra 1 it was stupid how previously you could predict your opponents jump but have it miss because of how high up it hit your opponent also it seems like it will no longer whiff when you do it in the corner. Also cosmic heel being safer is obviously helpful and cr. HK damage is still good would have prefered it to be either safer or faster movement but it's still good to get a buff anyways. So altogether I am happy with his changes and I look forward to seeing everyone elses changes. As a side note Idon't det why all the Viper players are so mad like it's just a few small damage nerfs and a couple frames of recovery on EX thunder knuckle and it's also not like she didn't get any buffs.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 08:07:49 AM »
I'm surprised they gave Guile his 3F Air Grab and Honda LP Headbutt invisibility back to those 2.

I will have to wait what they do to Gouken and Makoto, hopefully Gouken gets buff and gets his Demon Flip Dive Kick overhead property back. Not having it kills the mix-up badly. =/

Makoto is fine as she is now.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 08:28:46 AM »
I'm not surprised. I think the consensus was this: Nerf God Tiers, buff low tiers, reverse a few changes. That's it. Why fuck with Viper? Why nerf any character that no one brought up any issues? Why change every character?

It's just dumb.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 06:04:46 AM »
Because they can't just nerf Yun and Yang and expect people to be happy about it.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 09:52:24 PM »
All character changes have now been translated as the location tests start tommorow http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/25/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-version-2012-change-list-all-characters/
cross counter asia just posted a video explaining a lot of the new balance changes
Cross Counter Asia Episode #03 - AE ver. 2012 Rebalance Analysis and Godsgarden Recap
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:33:05 PM by baccano1932 »

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 03:56:08 AM »
Man fuck those Yang and Yun nerfs, don't even play either character and I even think most of those were unwarranted. And hell yeah, just started playing Cody five days ago and that ***** got buffed.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 11:18:02 PM »
Yeah Cody got buffed for sure

*watch Cody flex*

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 12:25:54 AM »
Chun-li
-They are fixing the bug where characters fell out of the U1 juggle in AE.

I bet this means there was a new bug in ae that they will fix but still disregard the fact that the ultra hasn't worked as it should against half the cast since the games first release.. I hope they finally do fix it though, that way i could just say good bye to kikosho like i've wanted to for so long now.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »
apparently they're not done with the changes yet
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/9/20/ssf4ae-capcom-lists-latest-balance-changes-for-ver-2012-beta.html

Vega
[Bloody High Claw]: Hit properties have been adjusted. For example, the Ultra will now combo properly after a [Cosmic Heel] (df+HK).
[EX Sky High Claw]: Hit box has been enlarged downwards, making it easier to connect the whole thing.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees ultra 1 has gone from being pretty limited in use to being one of the best ultras and EX Sky High Claw is now a more useful option sinc eit should get full hits more often.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 11:54:46 PM »
I'm happy with the extra Gouken changes, but I hate the fact that they still haven't gave him his Demon Flip Overhead! He needs that shit to be competitive more competitive. =/

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »
Buff Juri okthxbai

Seriously i hope he drops that "unbalance on purpose" BS.

because high tier characters need buffs? gtfo. bitch needs to get nerfed or the other ower tiers need to get buffed.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!