Author Topic: Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. comes to the PS3  (Read 2923 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. comes to the PS3
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:31:04 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/23/mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-leaving-arcades-and-coming-to-ps3/

Only track that will be on while playing this game would be Unicorn.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:33:12 PM by AmedoS310 »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. comes to the PS3
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »
This is great news!!!!Good online and i am hooked.Seems it will be only for the ps3 :)

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. will be coming to PlayStation 3, confirmed Famitsu, Japan’s premier video games magazine.

The company responsible with the release is Namco Bandai and they will be porting over the Gundam Extreme VS arcade title to the PlayStation 3. The PS3 port is currently 70% complete and will be released on December 1, priced ¥8,380 (roughly 109 dollars)

The arcade been ported from is Namco System 357 and the system itself has been based from the PS3 which will make it much more easier for Namco Bandai to finalize the full port of the highly anticipated game for PS3 Gundam fans.

New supports for the home version include original modes (currently unspecified) and a BGM edit mode that lets you use custom soundtracks from your PS3. The game will also features online play via PlayStation Network (PSN).

http://myona.com/2011/08/24/mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-exclusively-ps3/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:42:32 PM by KBlackNoah »

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 09:43:46 PM »
Surely this is the end of Arcades?

When I was in Japan it was like if this game wasnt in an arcade it might aswell just close down.
Literally.
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
I think that Namco-Bandai already make a big profit with the arcade release, so now is turn to make another one with console users and potentially the western market

Waifu Material

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 02:56:23 AM »
RIP Japan's arcades
12/1/11

You will be missed...
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 03:17:55 AM »
I strongly doubt it

It's not like all those arcade players will suddenly leave them and go to play on console, the game is still a port from the arcade, and there people bought fighting games but still go to arcades to play them because there is ''the real deal''

I recall reading that NB has make way more money with the arcade releases on asia from tekken 6 than the worldwide releases, and I'm sure that a game which will is more popular on the arcades, and way less popular worldwide will be that different

The moment that a brand new game of gundam vs appears excusively on consoles then we could start talking

Waifu Material

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 03:56:57 AM »
I'm just messing around (unless it actually happens). I just remember those popularity points lists or whatever where the gundam game had as many points most of the other top 10 added up. It would have quite the effect if everybody playing it disappeared even if the arcades didn't go bankrupt because of it.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII