Author Topic: The Persona 4: The Ultimata in Mayonaka Arena Thread  (Read 45571 times)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Persona 4 FIGHTING GAME developed by Arc System Works confirmed
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2011, 09:46:16 AM »
*Shoots Self In The Head With A Gun*

FURSONA

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2011, 10:06:47 AM »
man i knew somebody in this place was a furry

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »
Even though this isn't related to Ultimate Mayonaka Arena since people have been asking about the Persona series I figured i'd point out an episode of the Retronauts podcast that goes into detail about the series history
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3156908&ct=PODCASTS episode 61 is the episode about Persona(some spoilers for 1 and 2 though) however since it's a few years old it doesn't mention the recent PSP remakes or anything like that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:36:33 PM by baccano1932 »
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2011, 07:43:49 AM »
Almost 10 minutes of match footage: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1316056150?via=thumb_watch

Use http://mmcafe.com/nico.html if you can't view Nico vids.

1st match is  Kanji v. Yukiko. 2nd match is Kanji v. Chie.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:55:47 AM by FataCon »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2011, 08:01:58 AM »
lookin good so far

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2011, 08:22:23 AM »
Loving Yukiko! Will main her definitely!

But Chie stance bothers me a bit, she looks a bit too girly, her P4 stance was a bit more jumpy? Oh well, definitely can't wait to see the rest of the cast, I hope Rise is playable and Akihiko.

Animefreak

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2011, 10:31:01 AM »
I believe they already deconfirmed Rise, but who knows.

Chie is my number one choice to use right now, looks fun.
Kanji's stance and his super both remind me of BANG from Blazblue, whom i use, but he's way too slow for me...

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 04:30:15 AM »
Finally got around to checking out the footage for this.  Hype for Kanji waning, since he seems like a grappler, and Arc grapplers not named Pot kind of stink (Mr. Heart ITEYOOO~! notwithstanding *laughs* ).  Chie, on the other hand, seems to borrow a mixture of moves from Jam and Slayer (just without the herpderp damage, sadly), so hype for her has multiplied exponentially.  Want to make some people find out what it feels like to be punched by the hand of God...Hand.
Old man/bad player

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 04:39:32 AM »
Finally got around to checking out the footage for this.  Hype for Kanji waning, since he seems like a grappler, and Arc grapplers not named Pot kind of stink (Mr. Heart ITEYOOO~! notwithstanding *laughs* ).  Chie, on the other hand, seems to borrow a mixture of moves from Jam and Slayer (just without the herpderp damage, sadly), so hype for her has multiplied exponentially.  Want to make some people find out what it feels like to be punched by the hand of God...Hand.
wat tager is awesome dude

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 04:54:32 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll take that into consideration.

Everyone says BB but the movement kinda reminds me of SBX (but who remembers that game anyway... lol)

Also, Kane plays RPGs? OOOOOOOWUUUUUT?! *head asplodes*

Little do you know...

I used to play all the RPGs from the 90s (in Japanese only, hardcore!), I'm from HK so everyone had those magic doctor emulator stuff etc...which I'm not proud of looking back, but you're like 11 and you're a broke student, what else do you do right?  

I also played Starcraft, did part 1 religiously (played 3v3 BGH more time than I care to admit { 6000+ games }), SC2 for quite some time.  I'm also a huge FPS fan from the old days (not the new games) but Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem, and Unreal Tourney.  I also played almost every Wii online game possible.

/OT

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 02:37:12 PM »
wat tager is awesome dude
There are so many things wrong with this statement, but it'd veer too far off topic to discuss them here *laughs*

Anyway, has anyone dissected (or at least theorized) how status affects work in this game?  One of the Kanji matches had the other player get affected with Shocked status, but it didn't seem to do anything.
Old man/bad player

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 11:19:55 PM »
New character reveals (Naoto Shirogane and Teddie) as well as some screenshots
http://andriasang.com/comyq6/
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Shiki Tohno

• New Challenger
  • Mystic Eyes of Death Perception
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2011, 03:09:50 AM »
I'm really excited for this game, but if there's one thing that it really needs it's
JACK FUCKING FROST

I love Jack Frost.
This would be a Day one purchase for me if I had a PS3 or 360

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 03:55:12 AM »
I'm really excited for this game, but if there's one thing that it really needs it's
JACK FUCKING FROST

I love Jack Frost.
This would be a Day one purchase for me if I had a PS3 or 360

What would be even sicker would be a whole Jack combination with pyro jack or a frost themed movelist with jack frost, king frost, black frost and frost ace.
also I'm kind of hoping they branch out more in terms of character selection since so far it's pretty much the Persona 4 party + Aigis.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2011, 05:03:56 AM »
also I'm kind of hoping they branch out more in terms of character selection since so far it's pretty much the Persona 4 party + Aigis.

Well, it is a PERSONA 4 game. Anything outside of that is extra. They should have just called it Persona Arena so they could throw in whomever would fit from the universe. It seems kinda odd for P4's protagonists to all just be fighting each other, but it's not like we know the story behind it. The P4 stance on the game is probably going for promotion of the P4 rerelease. Tbh, they should just work on P5, since they explicitly stated previously that the PS2 version of P4 was definitive and that they wouldn't remake it. Ah well, money does wonders.

What I do want, though, is Doujima with Nanako and Adachi assist. Would prefer Nanako; she can sing the Junes song like Phoenix Wright's "OBJECTION!"

Lastly, I am sad there is no punting in this game :(