Author Topic: The Persona 4: The Ultimata in Mayonaka Arena Thread  (Read 45166 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 4 FIGHTING GAME developed by Arc System Works confirmed
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 05:07:57 PM »
Somthing I've noticed that is kinda important to me is that the timer is 60 seconds and not 99 a la SF4, I think is going to be more rush down oriented and not a turtlefest like Sf4.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »
Somthing I've noticed that is kinda important to me is that the timer is 60 seconds and not 99 a la SF4, I think is going to be more rush down oriented and not a turtlefest like Sf4.
could you ever really turtle in any arcsys game?

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 08:21:02 PM »
A new report from siliconera is now out stating that the game will be at TGS and will be playable. http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/31/persona-4-the-ultimate-in-mayonaka-arena-playable-at-tokyo-game-show/
Also as a side note since people seem to care about round length and will people be turtling and stuff like that I really couldn't care less if it's offensive or defensive oriented as long as the game is built in such a way that you can't just play on autopilot ie. guarding until your opponent makes a mistake or making lots of moves safe on block or have invulnerabilty to pokes and stuff like that.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »
could you ever really turtle in any arcsys game?
Bridget in GG is pretty turtly.  Dizzy in GG, Thouzer and Juda in HnK, and Hakumen in BB are all kind of turtles, too.  Although I guess all of that's more active zoning than just passive blocking.

Com'on, god tier Kanji or Shinji.... *laughs*
Old man/bad player

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
First stop on the HYPETRAIN! New screen shots check them out, get hyped and get right back on board of the HYPETRAIN!!!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/09/08/persona_4_ultimate_screens/
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 11:30:35 PM »
Damn, the layout is pretty sweet.

I've never played any shin megami tensei games so i know squat about the characters but it all seems ok though interestingly enough it is everything around the actual game that looks especially good to me.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 02:08:33 AM »
Damn, the layout is pretty sweet.

I've never played any shin megami tensei games so i know squat about the characters but it all seems ok though interestingly enough it is everything around the actual game that looks especially good to me.
better start playin some persona bro you dont know what your missin out on

also are most of you guys hyped for this game because you play(ed) persona before? or just cause it's a new fighting game

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 02:16:53 AM »
I'm a big Persona fan, so that certainly helps (although part of me hopes that Hitoshura shows up as a stupidly broken secret boss to show these emo kids what real power is *laughs* ).  More excited because it's being made by Arc, though, since I'm a fan of their fighters...though it took a few versions for me to warm up to BB, which is why I wish it was the team behind GG or HnK on this instead (even if there probably is some crossover between those groups *laughs*).  I'm reserving getting really hype until I find out more about the actual gameplay, but for the moment, anything SMT-related gets on my radar.
Old man/bad player

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 03:18:19 AM »

also are most of you guys hyped for this game because you play(ed) persona before? or just cause it's a new fighting game

I saw cgrs review of "devil survivor overclocked" a couple of days ago. It seems to be a srpg persona game though it doesn't seem to play fully like tactics ogre or front mission or whatever but instead go from grid based movement into final fantasy like battles.. I'll probably try to figure out how it works if it comes to europe and ofcourse, if the 3ds does spark some interest in me again.

Regarding this game; For me it's not so much that it is a new fighting game as that it is already visually more appealing than blazblue to me. I can't really call myself hyped but i am interested atleast, the hype will probably come when the release draws near.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 03:29:54 AM »

I saw cgrs review of "devil survivor overclocked" a couple of days ago. It seems to be a srpg persona game though it doesn't seem to play fully like tactics ogre or front mission or whatever but instead go from grid based movement into final fantasy like battles.. I'll probably try to figure out how it works if it comes to europe and ofcourse, if the 3ds does spark some interest in me again.

Regarding this game; For me it's not so much that it is a new fighting game as that it is already visually more appealing than blazblue to me. I can't really call myself hyped but i am interested atleast, the hype will probably come when the release draws near.
Devil Survivor is part of the Shim Megami Tensei series which is the series that Persona is an offshoot of and the battles in Devil Survivor play out in turns and on a grid, but when you encounter an opponent your battles take place in rounds of turns similarly to the other SMT and Persona games.

Also regarding Ultimate Mayonaka Arena i'm very excited for it both because it's a Persona game and also since it is a fighting game. Though i've never gotten that into any of Arc Systems games.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

krazykone123

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 04:31:01 AM »
Can't wait to body people with my wifey Chie.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 07:37:45 PM »
The little bits of gameplay make it look paced similar to BB, which...well, at least it should be good for online.  Still want to know more about game engine and what characters can actually do before really starting to form an opinion.  Looking unlikely that any other P3 characters will be in (was a long shot for Shinji or Chidorita, but a dreamer can dream *laughs* ), so Kanji or Chie will probably be the way I go.
Old man/bad player

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »
noooooo wheres my waifu yukari :(

game still looks badass though

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »
I can definitely see some Jojo there with Yu, since he is doing exactly that. But it seems each persona will act differently, so it might be a combination of Jojo and BlazBlue gameplay-wise.

In the animation department I wished the game looked more fluid, but oh well, it's ASW, I just hoped slightly better animation than BB had.

Still Hype for this, since I'm a Persona 3/4 fan and a fighting game fan, I can't go wrong with this combination!