Author Topic: The Persona 4: The Ultimata in Mayonaka Arena Thread  (Read 45607 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Persona 4: The Ultimata in Mayonaka Arena Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2012, 02:40:05 AM »
welp persona is here fellas time for me put all these other fightan games in the closet

I forget if you've said whether you've played the RPGs before, but if you had, do you think it's necessary to play any of the Persona RPGs for an understand of characters or story?
And if you've got the 360 version, is there netcode complications like peope are talking about?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2012, 04:38:21 AM »
welp persona is here fellas time for me put all these other fightan games in the closet

I forget if you've said whether you've played the RPGs before, but if you had, do you think it's necessary to play any of the Persona RPGs for an understand of characters or story?
And if you've got the 360 version, is there netcode complications like peope are talking about?
yeah your gonna need to play 3 and 4 or your gonna be left in the dark about most of the stuff/characters in the game and for the moment all the matches on xbox feel like they are underwater

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2012, 06:42:19 AM »
On the subject of online has anyone else here tried on PS3? Since so far for me its been kinda mixed-while fairly good overall- i've had some really bad connections with people in north America but also some real good connections with people in Japan, so has been kinda weird and overall hasn't been as consistently good as the Blazblue games so far for me at least .
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2012, 06:13:23 AM »
its so much harder to combo in this game than KoF XIII god damn... ive been grinding all day and cant even do a piss dmg BnB.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2012, 06:55:47 AM »
Just tried out the game tonight, I like it alot. Kanji ftw.

I'll have to buy it very soon.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2012, 09:23:18 PM »
netcode patch is out on xbox i believe so far it feels just like blazblue's

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2012, 10:57:31 PM »
netcode patch is out on xbox i believe so far it feels just like blazblue's

Thank you Atlus & ARC system... nice!!!
Xbox live: Chipymax

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2012, 06:30:40 AM »

Man I dont know why all the fuss about P4?! I dont see it as a great fighting game; it's another BB which guilty gear it much better to tell you the truth.

Honestly why all the hype?! someone explain please!

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2012, 04:00:19 PM »

Man I dont know why all the fuss about P4?! I dont see it as a great fighting game; it's another BB which guilty gear it much better to tell you the truth.

Mmmh! For me, it has nothing to do with BB or GG... I'm a big fan of the Persona games, I play all the PS1 games (P1,P2S & P2P.) I played the Japanese one that never came to America (P2S, It's now in the PSP)

Golden Axe: The Duel, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters. I feel the same about those games, I love them and a fighting game can only extent the series. it allow you the fan see the series with new eyes.

I about the fighting... it is a good solid game, I never play BB so I don't know how good the game is, but I did play all the GGs... It you like GG you will like Persona, it has the same feeling.
Xbox live: Chipymax

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »

Well IMO and the opinion of many others it's much more like Guilty Gear than Blazblue. With new unique characters who don't necessarily need to played in a specific way and aside from Labrys/Shadow Labrys no two characters have particularly similar moves. Tier list is well balanced and the top tier characters aren't much more powerful than everyone else.Plus the combo system isn't very rigid since you have an array of options with one more cancels, bursts etc. to create combos. The persona mechanic also adds a layer of depth as it acts idependently of the character and can lead to intricate setups.There are more things I can't think of off the top of my head and anyways I don't see why you're so down on it in general?
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2012, 05:04:00 AM »
What baccano said. And it has Akihiko who plays like Vanessa from KOF!

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2012, 10:00:48 AM »

Thanks for the light guys. Never heard it was like that. Saw some videos though but well, you cant judge from what you see only I guess.

I'm sorry that I gave that vibe of feeling so down on it. I just wanted to get to know whats about the game and why all the hype about it. Hopefully some RPG players can get into fighting games now because of it.

Enjoy the game guys  ;).

What baccano said. And it has Akihiko who plays like Vanessa from KOF!

Hey Nilcam. Nice to see you around hope we can see more of you. THANKS!!! for this great forum again.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
Thanks for the light guys. Never heard it was like that. Saw some videos though but well, you cant judge from what you see only I guess.

I'm sorry that I gave that vibe of feeling so down on it. I just wanted to get to know whats about the game and why all the hype about it. Hopefully some RPG players can get into fighting games now because of it.

Enjoy the game guys  ;).

Well I only got that impression cause usually when I see people say stuff like "it's another Blazblue game" they usually mean "well this games gonna suck" but I can tell now that wasn't the case.

And yeah hopefully more people will get into it with the Persona/SMT connection but only time will tell.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »
Is the online for PS3 really bad now or what? I assume it's week 1 issues or something.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
The online has been nothing but great for me. I only ever play in ranked so it's always one-on-one.