Author Topic: EVO 2012 and beyond  (Read 5413 times)

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: EVO 2012 and beyond
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »
As long as the KoF community around the world continues to support this game like they are now, then I don't think we need to worry about KoF dying out. So far, at every major KoF has garnered a really good presence, and in combination with the stream exposure it's getting around the world I think KoF is in good shape, at the moment. In North America, I'm not sure if entry numbers at majors will be able to rival SF4 or UMvC3 due to how difficult the game is for the casual gamer. I think Evo will be fine since it looks like top KoF players from around the world are aiming to attend. As long as we attend Evo (if possible) and hype the matches up then we'll be in good shape for the future. If the top KoF players from Brazil, Mexico, Peru, China, Korea, Europe, North America and Japan show up then I can't imagine how crazy the top 32 would look.

I think the rumor is that elive.pro's RF and Kindevu are going to play XIII since elive.pro LOVEs XIII couple that with Juicebox's own admission that he wants to play, Xian from SG and possibly even PoongKo...I think that there's a real good chance Evo'12 is going to be off the hook.

Really cool if RF and Kindevu are getting into the game. It also helps that eLive.pro is boycotting Capcom games, atm. lol

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: EVO 2012 and beyond
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 10:56:59 PM »
Actually it doesn't help because there's a chance elive.pro can just not send any player that plays anything other than KOF (or MK and SCV) to avoid them playing Capcom games at the event.  SOPA ruining lives as per the usual.

Combofiend is also said to be loving the game.  I'm slightly surprised considering the lack of Rock Howard, but it's getting that following.  Combo must be one happy guy these days.  Random trips to China, making other players look like fools by not doing anything, and She-Hulk has been found to not suck again so he's got everything he wanted back other than a CvS2 revival.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.