Author Topic: Fatal Fury 1  (Read 3014 times)

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
Fatal Fury 1
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »
Obligatory Fatal Fury 1 thread. There isn't much reason for this thread to be here, but I figured since we got FFS, 3, RBS, RB2, Garou, and Wild Ambition, might as well have this one too eh? I don't expect too much serious conversation about this title though.

From wikipedia:

Fatal Fury: King of Fighters (餓狼伝説 ~宿命の闘い~ Garō Densetsu Shukumei no Tatakai?, "Legend of the Hungry Wolf: The Battle of Destiny") is a 1991 head-to-head fighting game released by SNK for the Neo Geo arcade and home platforms. Fatal Fury was SNK's first fighting game for the Neo Geo system and served as the inaugural game in their Fatal Fury series, as well as the first game to depict the fictional "King of Fighters" tournament (which became the basis for the later The King of Fighters games). Many of SNK's mainstay characters, including the Bogard brothers Terry and Andy, and their arch-nemesis Geese Howard, made their debut in this game.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal Fury 1
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »
I'd say that first Fatal Fury is very intresting experience. Two player co-op is kinda fun, when facing hard opponents (Raiden, Billy, maybe Tung). It feels so stiff and controls suck. It has nice soundtrack and voices sound like they're recorded in industrial hall. And it is quite a challenge to beat Geese, when gameplay sucks.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 05:41:59 PM »
Nah Geese is a pushover. You can just spam Burning Knuckle as he wakes up over and over and he'll fall for it every time. Easiest final boss ever lol. Might be different if you lower/raise the difficulty. I did it on MVS - Level 4.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 07:50:08 PM »
Geese dissapointed me, I hard about this boss which was a nearly legend for how hard it was, then,  I beat him with double perfect the first time that I face him on level 4

But Overall, is a fun single player experience, I saw it more as a beat em up than a fighting game, if that makes some sense

And the soundtrack is awesome, the arranged version is really good, specially tung, hwa, Richard and maybe michael theme

BRING BACK MICHAEL MAX!

Waifu Material

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 01:28:17 AM »
i couldnt beat geese at lev.1 so i guess i suck ahah
really,too difficult
i like to play this game in co-op.. it's so fun (controls suck though)... vs is ... well, shitty?  :)

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo