Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364740 times)

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
All this complaining just makes me excited to see what Shin Mr. Karate can do, if only to see everyone flip flop on the character. I'm intrigued by the console character left to be revealed (boss saiki? adelheid/hiedern? Rose?)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
I agree with SAB that we shouldn't declare the characters overpowered- that's not my intent.

My concern/intent is that we have a plan in case they are.  There's evidence that they could be, at least in the case of EX Iori.  This way we don't have ugliness later, which is what I'm really afraid could happen.

I do agree with your plan for "community preperation", I must say. I don't know how possible it is, but I think if any community can do it, it's ours! We've got some pretty level-headed people being pushed up to the forefront now, and that's great!

----

And LOL, by now, we can say... EVERYONE was planned for XII at some point. I'm very happy we're finally getting to see this art, though!
Why does THIS matter!?

Why doesn't it? :) Seriously though, it just is much more interesting, whether it be style reasons, personal preference, or just for the sake of creativity. Chiefly, I'm one who like diversity in his gaming cast, and I love the way SNKP has been very daring with the character choices. I'd be a bit disappointed if all we end up with is a bunch of guys who have similiar body types, since XII and XIII have given me some of my favorite characters, from the ones who go aganist the usual molds.

It's much more than a "hur hur, they gotz boobz!" issue for me, I assure you!

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
So your favorite character did not get in, guess what mine neither, get over it.  For a second I thought this was gamefaqs, that how shitty today's thread derailed.
Seriously, this.

Also, we've known for almost a month now that the planned DLC characters were going to be EX characters.  That being the case, did anyone honestly not expect EX Kyo?
Old man/bad player

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
EX Kyo, I can see why he would be put in. But Shin Mr. Karate? I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that one. Of all the people they could have put in, they put an extra Takuma? Fail, just fail.

Also, I didn't know that all of the downloadable characters were gonna be EX characters. I never heard any mention of this.

All of you people who thought that Mary and Yamazaki actually had a chance of being here are so goddamn delusional. They have no reason whatsoever for being here. This was just just your inner fanboy speaking.

I actually thought Adel was gonna be one of the DL characters because, you know... he actually has a reason for being here. But even if he doesn't end up being a playable character, at least SNKp acknowledges his existence with the new story mode, an improvement over the arcade version.

So, yeah... I hope to God this is a fake.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
The rage I feel was not as strong this morning until I let this sink in. I feel obligated to buy characters that are already in the game and they aren't bad! I would have been satisfied with Dora the explorer, but they take a Xi marketing strat and add EX kyo and Takuma. All I am saying is this warrants criticism.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Also, I didn't know that all of the downloadable characters were gonna be EX characters. I never heard any mention of this.
RSG's reps mentioned it at gamescon, back during the whole confusion over whether it was 5 new characters on disc + 3 DLC or just 5 new characters total.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also kind of puzzled by Shin Mr. Karate (if anything, I would've preferred an alternate Yuri as Ms. Karate *laughs* ).  However, seeing as I was hyped about just getting a straight arcade port of XIII v1.1 back in early June, then even more hyped about the rebalanced "XIII.5", I'm not going to get a weird DLC character choice get me down now.
Old man/bad player

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
All this complaining just makes me excited to see what Shin Mr. Karate can do, if only to see everyone flip flop on the character. I'm intrigued by the console character left to be revealed (boss saiki? adelheid/hiedern? Rose?)

yeah you got a point, if he actually turns out to be a unique and interesting character, that would be pretty cool i guess. let's just wait and see!
In it to win it!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
im happy bout ex kyo though ive never really cared about takuma but good for people who like him

also dont know who said that you were a delusional fanboy if you thought mary and yamazki were going to be in the game

im going to assume that because billy was in the game and had no teammates announced with him thats why everyone (including me) thought that way

Nocturnus

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
However, seeing as I was hyped about just getting a straight arcade port of XIII v1.1 back in early June, then even more hyped about the rebalanced "XIII.5", I'm not going to get a weird DLC character choice get me down now.

Exactly my thoughts. And yes, Mr.Karate... y men y? I didn't rage when I read about it, just lolwut? How good he might be isn't really the point. I'm still hoping this doesn't turn out to be but if it does... well any chance we can expect moar additional dlc later in the future? =/ Maybe? No? Ok. Cool np.

I'm just glad Rock Howard didn't make it to the roster. = =
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:02:58 PM by Nocturnus »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax. These leaks are unconfirmed and could very well be false.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I'm going to assume this is true. The art looks pretty authentic and matches the green blobs perfectly.

This sounds awesome to me. I love EX characters, and I think they're perfect for DLC. In general, I'm against DLC characters in fighting games, since it's essentially breaking up the game and selling it in pieces. But EX characters are a nice combination of "something old, something new." I'm definitely happy to pay for them, but I don't think a casual fan will feel like they're missing too much.

I'm especially looking forward to Shin Mr. Karate. I'm guessing his NeoMax will be his ultimate Haoh Shokoken, like 2002UM EX Takuma?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
You always have a level-headed outlook on these things, Rex Dart! :)

I agree with you, of course. As much as I'd like to see some brand new characters for DLC, WELL MADE EX characters for DLC is a great compromise between that, and not wanting to release anything that'll feel too much like "Why isn't this part of the retail release!" within a short time frame after the game releases.

-----

Also, on the rumors/mention that the disk has one more hidden Character, that hasn't been revealed at all yet... I'm inclined to believe it.

From the beginning, SNKP seems to be focused on making the retail package a standout. So far, they've shown us a totally new (to XIII) character, and another totally new-in-game-style one, that's a palette/head swap. So far, the freshest characters have been "free", and the ones that use a majority of old assets, have appeared to be "DLC".

Someone like Adel, Oswald, Chizuru, or Botan would make a good final console character. Someone they could actually get some use out of for the story mode, and could be different enough to actually feel worthwhile. It'd give 3 solid prizes for story/challenge modes, and they'd fit in as random characters to fill out a variety of edit teams.

---

Oh, and for the record, while I wouldn't have requested Shin Karate as a DLC, I think he could be very interesting. Takuma's got the worse non-neomax anti-air potential of all the Kyokugen characters, and also had a total re-design for this particular game. His SvC incarnation was a very enjoyable character, and he could give them a great chance to put some of Kushnood's moves in the game (though, still... I'd prefer Kushnood, personally, lol.) He's a good character for them to "Go all Out!" with, move design-wise, and I have no problem with them playing him up as SNKP's answer to Shin-Akuma, or Oni.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
wo wo woa ehi guys dont misunderstand
this choice of ex characters ll never be a reason to avoid the game
this game is just the best fighting game ever and im still drolling more than ever !
i always liked ex  characters when they r made with sense (which i think snkp is doin fine like the rebalance ... it has perfectly sense imhao) but i think it is normal too to be a lil sad when u find out some of ur favs characters dont have a chance yet to be in this great game.
yamazaki (not one of my favs) and b mary ( absolutely one o my favs) would have had sense to me to follow the team with billy kane im sad too about vanessa chizuru whip and the orochi team not making their appereance in the game but ... who fuckin care ? this game is awesome lets kill our hands on this game while waiting the next slugfest !

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
I'm fine with EX Kyo since I always wanted him back which made Kyo feel unique to me in KOF games but why Takuma?

Well just hope Takuma has a different moveset or something. I was hoping for different characters but oh well makes sense better than having nothing at all.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:02:28 PM by Sonikku »

Para Para Pony

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
ehh... while i'd absolutely love yamazaki or mary, logic always bested me on those simple cause think of ALL THE ANIMATION they'd have to do just to get mary to be able to do her throws. not her per se but on EVERY OTHER CHARACTER! could they theoretically do it with what they have? yeah, but it would look like garbage. and i'd rather have "MARY" than "XII MATURE" or "XII LIZ" and if the ex characters are to be believed, they just bring me back to the good ol' days of KOF! I'm not upset at all! All I asked for was an arcade perfect XIII. What I'm getting is way better! (assuming it's not glitched as hades)