Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 368181 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1275 on: October 20, 2011, 07:52:34 PM »
You know you can balance a high-tier character with more than just nerfing, right? In the case of Kula, the only move that needs to be nerfed is her EX Spin Kick. Other than that, they may as well buff her other tools (especially her DMs) to keep her competitive.

I think Andy's buffs are reasonable. Very few of his moves were actually unfair. His strength comes more from the versatility of his movelist. From what I've seen, it's looking like K', Kyo and maybe Andy will top-tier in the console version. Juts my prediction.

"* Phoenix Bomb (from Cancel) has a different trajectory from arcade version and hits a crouching opponent as a combo from a fierce." <-- Does this mean it's an overhead, even when cancelled into? Or just that it won't whiff in combos? They don't seem to mention her EX Shining Crystal Bit can be done in the air now, which should really help her combos.

This is a small gripe, but I don't really like how Goro's super cancel looks (even though it is a much-needed buff). He slams the opponent to the ground, super-cancels, and the opponent magically teleports back into his hand. Is he a jedi or something?

. . . Actually, that might be kind of cool?

KOFXIII: Return of the Judo?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1276 on: October 20, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »
Quote from: Fatacon
I'm glad to hear the changes on Andy's s.C>f+A and Athena's Phoenix Bomb. They tended to be inconsistent on legit punishes. The weak version Phoenix Arrow buff is nice too. I should pick her up again once console drops.

Yup, agreed here. I love the way they're picking up on the small stuff that irks a player of the character to no end. Makes me feel like they listen to the feedback, and have a good eye on what's actually happened in gameplay over the past year or so.

I'll move my reply to the Betty stuff to her character forum, lol. I was getting long in the tooth, and that's better served for a character forum!

This is a small gripe, but I don't really like how Goro's super cancel looks (even though it is a much-needed buff). He slams the opponent to the ground, super-cancels, and the opponent magically teleports back into his hand. Is he a jedi or something?

. . . Actually, that might be kind of cool?

It is a bit odd, I wish he'd use a reversal of his hcf+C grab to "pick them back up" or something, but I don't mind it, in motion, as much as I figured I would. Maybe, in the future, they'll just make an "otg" version of his DM from one of the button presses (this would be ideal), as I... Can't think of any reason why there's 2 strengths of the move anyway...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:35:38 PM by SAB-CA »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 21, 2011, 12:08:58 AM »

Mr. Karate, the final boss in Art of Fighting, will be a playable character in The King of Fighters XIII. However, you will need to unlock the extra fighter through downloadable content. Takuma Sakazaki, Mr. Karate’s true identity, is a playable character in The King of Fighters XIII.

Another character yet to be revealed is bein' called "NESTS" Kyo. This version of Kyo Kusanagi will have a different set of moves based on his appearance in The King of Fighters ’99. NESTS Kyo will also be released as downloadable content.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SNK-Playmore/42644064330

Is this the real facebook page of SNKP?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 21, 2011, 12:15:54 AM »
SCR 2011 just got even better!!!

http://www.socalregionals.com/?p=209
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1279 on: October 21, 2011, 12:18:08 AM »
Is this the real facebook page of SNKP?

From their "Info" page itself:

Description This is an unofficial page for SNK Playmore.
Address 333 S Grand Avenue, 25th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071 · Get Directions
Phone Add Telephone Number
Website http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 21, 2011, 12:20:36 AM »
I see, i kinda expected that , why would they reveal them in a facebook page?

So everybody just forget about that.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 21, 2011, 12:21:22 AM »
SCR 2011 just got even better!!!

http://www.socalregionals.com/?p=209

Commencing jealousy of players residing in SoCal...now.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 21, 2011, 12:49:19 AM »
see i hate living in the east coast nothing cool ever happens here

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 21, 2011, 12:58:17 AM »
Nothing but Marvel happens on East Coast.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1284 on: October 21, 2011, 01:05:37 AM »
Gamespot's "On the Spot" showed KoF XIII tonight.

KOF's portion started at around 24:25 in. Don't know if they showed any more after that, but do hear they talked about a bit.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:35:39 AM by SAB-CA »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 21, 2011, 01:35:20 AM »
The online looks good, but in the stream the Atlus rep said they were playing in California, no coast to coast. I'm still going to wait until what you guys have to say about netcode before I buy it.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 21, 2011, 01:38:20 AM »
Interesting stuff, thanks SAB-CA.
Aram played online against another Atlus representative, as he promised.
The game played smoothly, but then again, the real test will be when we have the game in our consoles.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 21, 2011, 01:46:04 AM »
everything looks good so far
and i really need some cash batman and saints row look so awesome

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 21, 2011, 02:39:24 AM »
see i hate living in the east coast nothing cool ever happens here

NEC is running KOFXII and will be a week prior. 

As for Andy, I'm not too worried about him as of now- though I've never had desire to play the new Andy as I really miss his old moves that are missing.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 21, 2011, 02:41:02 AM »
Liz needed a reason for people to play her different. She was a stagnant character in the arcade, who had a list of moves created for her, but no reason to use but 1 or 2. Her buffs and nerfs do a good job encouraging this.

I can't really agree with that. If you played her, you'd know that pretty much all her moves had important utility.
- qcf + p built meter and was integral for combos
- dp used for practically all combos and anti-air
- command grab for mixups, EX version for combo potential
- EX counter was a strong reversal

The only thing she didn't use a lot was teleport. It was gimmicky, but you could still use it decently in blockstrings. I think people just rode the wave of hating Liz. All they needed to do was tone down her damage, not necessarily change the properties on her moves. If they toned down her dmg and took away the meter gain on her qcf + P, she would have been fine. EX counter is going to be terribly inefficient after the changes. If you think about it, they're only making her more stagnant.

I'm glad to hear the changes on Andy's s.C>f+A and Athena's Phoenix Bomb. They tended to be inconsistent on legit punishes. The weak version Phoenix Arrow buff is nice too. I should pick her up again once console drops.

I wouldn't say she's going to be utterly useless. I feel this is a step in the right direction. I think most of the changes listed are positives to letting her use more of her move set. Elizabeth is a bit problematic because she's just really easy. She can do a lot of damage without trying so hard. From the start of the round on point, she can get up to 1 meter really easy and that's not just fireball spam. Since she does not require drive meter to do some of her combos, she could, out of the gate, get 45%. That's just the damage but we all agree it needed to be put down. However, the fireball and her uppercuts have the same properties in relation to Grand Rafale.

On her teleport moves, that adds a lot into her mix up game. She can sway back into an EX uppercut, sway forward into fireball, sway back into EX Counter, or sway forward into command grab. That's really awesome as well as being a bit hard to react to. There's so many options. The safest option would be to just not do anything and with an EX grab, that's not a good option either.

I think rather than be a character that, at the base level, sits and waits for you to do something, she can be a bit more aggressive and use meter with a frightening bit of variety.