Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364709 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #855 on: September 30, 2011, 04:32:36 AM »
Mai hands down. She's 900 times more playable.

I think she needs more moves, at least 1 more Special or Super.
needs more jiggle

This is true, never enough jiggle.

Idk, Hwa Jai seems that he'll be a lot more effective with what seems to be a better (and an actual) blockstring into Dragon Tail, and versatility with Dragon Backbreaker.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 30, 2011, 05:01:30 AM »
This is an interesting find over at mmcafe, apparently someone dug into the KOF-i achievements.  Take it with a grain of salt.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 30, 2011, 05:10:18 AM »
This is an interesting find over at mmcafe, apparently someone dug into the KOF-i achievements.  Take it with a grain of salt.

Interesting, some people might get hyped about that, but I really donĀ“t think they mean anything.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 30, 2011, 05:35:09 AM »

She could, but honestly, I think the whole cast could use an extra super here or there. For example, Maxima only has 1 super and he can't even do it in the air like other people. However, he still is a beast.

In terms of improvement, I say Mai because a LOT of her moves got safer, are a bit easier to combo with, and have neutral game applications like her ryuenbu which got a larger vertical hitbox. She's just all around better and probably the most improved of all the characters.

I'd say Kensou is a close second. The properties on his moves are much better and his command throw DM puts more use in a super that was really bad. I don't think it's RARE to see Kensou throw out any super, let alone his "I can't breath" punch super.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 30, 2011, 06:15:31 AM »

She could, but honestly, I think the whole cast could use an extra super here or there. For example, Maxima only has 1 super and he can't even do it in the air like other people. However, he still is a beast.

In terms of improvement, I say Mai because a LOT of her moves got safer, are a bit easier to combo with, and have neutral game applications like her ryuenbu which got a larger vertical hitbox. She's just all around better and probably the most improved of all the characters.

I'd say Kensou is a close second. The properties on his moves are much better and his command throw DM puts more use in a super that was really bad. I don't think it's RARE to see Kensou throw out any super, let alone his "I can't breath" punch super.

Yeah, maybe now Kensou can actually impress Athena...especially since she's so loli'd out now.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 30, 2011, 07:15:41 AM »
Intersting choice of characters. Still disappointed one of the more obvious ones doesn't have a trophy still but the two that do make sense given their presence in the story

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #861 on: September 30, 2011, 08:19:55 AM »
I have to vote for Mai. Especially since the air hit-boxes have been changed, and character like K' aren't as dominant in that area. Mai has naturally-awesome normals all around, so I think she'll stick out more, regardless of the much-needed and deserved buffs.

Kensou also should really stand out. He and Hwa Jai recieved some of the nices overall buffs. They both should be much  more viable, especially with the top tiers leveling out.

I'd like to mention Clark... but he just doesn't sound like he got enough, so far. Hope there's  more to him! Guess we'll have to wait and see...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, those achievements... yeah, that's probably Mr. Karate doing that Koho. And Heidern looks a bit different than any of his old sprites. I really hope they made a few special sprites for the story mode. Even if many characters don't make it into the game, getting to see a frame of spritework for many of the story mode characters would be a nice treat.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 30, 2011, 08:29:25 AM »
At least from what I can tell in the Evo build, Joe would be close 2nd to Mai as most-improved.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 30, 2011, 08:31:18 AM »
At least from what I can tell in the Evo build, Joe would be close 2nd to Mai as most-improved.

Really, Joe?  What makes him stand out in console?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 30, 2011, 08:33:08 AM »

Really, Joe?  What makes him stand out in console?

Tiger Knee invisibility is as stupid as KOFXII version. At least his Heavy/Strong Punch version. That was the main change I think will make him annoying to fight.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 30, 2011, 08:36:31 AM »

Tiger Knee invisibility is as stupid as KOFXII version. At least his Heavy/Strong Punch version. That was the main change I think will make him annoying to fight.

Ex DM is faster and full screen if I recall, and NM MC's real easy now and does the full damage.  I foresee a lot of Joes...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 30, 2011, 08:38:52 AM »

Ex DM is faster and full screen if I recall, and NM MC's real easy now and does the full damage.  I foresee a lot of Joes...

I foresaw a lot of Joes to begin with because he's freaking Joe.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 30, 2011, 08:49:30 AM »
I'm also surprised his Rapid Punch didn't got nerfed as Ralfs. I'm still confused on the reason for Ralfs Rapid Punch getting nerfed. =/

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 30, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »
I agree about Mai. Maybe she's not going to be top-tier (looks like Shen, Yuri, Athena, Leona and some more will be super powerful), but she is one of the most improved characters in the console version compared with arcade. Besides her specific bufs (musasabi and ukihane safer, target combo B>D, A ryuenbu as anti-air, neomax faster..), aerial EX DM and MAXCancel costing 2 bars will benefit her a lot.

More specials and DMs could give her more variety in gameplay, but not necessarily more efectiveness. But, yeah, I would love to have Kagero no Mai (RB fire column) and her multiple fan DM or RB grab DM
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Para Para Pony

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 30, 2011, 01:13:01 PM »
i would personally love to have her hisho ryu en jin (the ryu en bu backflip)! that'd be fun! and when picking teams... does anyone else feel a little guilty if they don't pick their favorite character? in one on one's it's less prevalent, but in mvc and kof i always feel a little bad if my no 1 isn't in my three...