Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364710 times)

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
wo wo woa ehi guys dont misunderstand
this choice of ex characters ll never be a reason to avoid the game
this game is just the best fighting game ever and im still drolling more than ever !
i always liked ex  characters when they r made with sense (which i think snkp is doin fine like the rebalance ... it has perfectly sense imhao) but i think it is normal too to be a lil sad when u find out some of ur favs characters dont have a chance yet to be in this great game.
yamazaki (not one of my favs) and b mary ( absolutely one o my favs) would have had sense to me to follow the team with billy kane im sad too about vanessa chizuru whip and the orochi team not making their appereance in the game but ... who fuckin care ? this game is awesome lets kill our hands on this game while waiting the next slugfest !

haha sorry but i noticed your avatar has vice, king and leona in it. is that your team? because if so, i play the exact same team. i never thought anyone else would play my team lol
In it to win it!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Let's get HYPED up in this bitch!!!

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1259.msg26732#new

KOF at SCR2012 let's fucking GO!!!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I don't get why people assumed that some were pissed to the point that they will not buy the game, I just saw people not being excited for the leak because, well, wasn't that exciting for some

Waifu Material

Silver Shadow

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I just got back from a KOF XIII console showing. I spent many hours with it and had a fiddle around with the various options and modes.

I also think I have proof of who one of the characters could be......

My money is on Geese Howard. Why? I found something very interesting in the sound test option:

Edit: Image is not appearing for some reason. Basically its a screenshot of the sound test and Geese's soundtrack is on there entitled 'Geese Ni Katakori'. I flicked through the entire list and there seemed to be soundtracks which matched the characters in the game. So I don't think it was just added there for fan service.

I could be wrong, but let the speculation continue!!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:36:56 AM by Silver Shadow »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
The image doesn't appear

Waifu Material

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
I just got back from a KOF XIII console showing. I spent many hours with it and had a fiddle around with the various options and modes.

My money is on Geese Howard. Why? I found something very interesting in the sound test option:

It was reported that on ocations Geese's theme was played as Billy's theme intead of his own (wich is also present in the game).
Yamamoto also confirmed that he will not be appearing for the time being.
Don´t get false hopes, Geese is the shit, but he will not be in this game.

superpatrick

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Here's some new cards that have been added. Sorry for the huge size, but they are beautiful!

If anyone runs across the other ones please post them!

Silver Shadow

• New Challenger
    • View Profile

It was reported that on ocations Geese's theme was played as Billy's theme intead of his own (wich is also present in the game).
Yamamoto also confirmed that he will not be appearing for the time being.
Don´t get false hopes, Geese is the shit, but he will not be in this game.

How does that make sense? Geese's theme tune for Billy? I didn't know about Yamamoto statement. Maybe it was a mistake after all.

Geese! if only! :( :(

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Well, since geese and billy are like bread and butter, is not that strange to see him sharing a theme with his boss

Waifu Material

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile

Guys, check that image posted in speksnk.
The character pics match the green blobs.
Wesker (administrator) not only confirms that Mr. Karate and Ex Kyo are the DLC, but he insists that another character will be included on the disk.
These whole thing doesn´t make much sense to me. Billy for free??? Ex characters as DLC? Wouldn´t it be better the other way around (in terms of business I mean). Everybody would pay for Billy, he is a fan favourite, why would we get him for free then?
Why give Kyo's his old costume for free and then release for DLC a Ex Kyo that is almost identical to the current one. Even if the classic Kyo didn´t have the rekkas, it would made more sense to save the classic costume for Ex Kyo, that way he would look a little different, just like classic Iori.
I don´t know, it seems to be true, but to me, it doesn´t make much sense.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Makes sense for me actually, Iori 98 is way more popular than the new version of him or billy, so I could see people buying him.

With Kyo, I had never know how is more popular, but since at this point kyo with rekkas is more ''kyo'' than his original counterpart, maybe he will sell well too

They could also say that you don't have to buy ''new'' chars, just modified versions, plus with free stages

btw, which was the price that the original source hinted for the DLC?

Waifu Material

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Why doesn't it? :) Seriously though, it just is much more interesting, whether it be style reasons, personal preference, or just for the sake of creativity. Chiefly, I'm one who like diversity in his gaming cast, and I love the way SNKP has been very daring with the character choices. I'd be a bit disappointed if all we end up with is a bunch of guys who have similiar body types, since XII and XIII have given me some of my favorite characters, from the ones who go aganist the usual molds.

It's much more than a "hur hur, they gotz boobz!" issue for me, I assure you!

You know what? That was a well thought out response, I can dig it. Truth be told, KOF is the only (or one of the only) fighting game series in which I can pick some of the females, sometimes as a team, and not feel like some jackass is going to judge me for picking only female characters due to pre-conceived negative notions. Don't get me wrong, I like boobs, but I look at, say, Mai differently as a 31 year old male becoming-casual fighting game fan than I did back in 1992 as a 12 year old fighting game preteen with body and facial hair already in tow. I can pick King, Whip (if I bothered to player her), Vice, Mature, Vanessa (see Whip), Mary (see Whip), Leona, Xiao Long (yeah, I like her), Misty (bet you all forgot 'bout her), and Chae Lim. Mai/Yuri/Athena? I'd rather they'ed get Kaiser Waved off the stage.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:34:58 AM by XTG »

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
this game is just the best fighting game ever and im still drolling more than ever !
i always liked ex  characters when they r made with sense (which i think snkp is doin fine like the rebalance ... it has perfectly sense imhao) but i think it is normal too to be a lil sad when u find out some of ur favs characters dont have a chance yet to be in this great game.
yamazaki (not one of my favs) and b mary ( absolutely one o my favs) would have had sense to me to follow the team with billy kane im sad too about vanessa chizuru whip and the orochi team not making their appereance in the game but ... who fuckin care ? this game is awesome lets kill our hands on this game while waiting the next slugfest !

haha sorry but i noticed your avatar has vice, king and leona in it. is that your team? because if so, i play the exact same team. i never thought anyone else would play my team lol

ahah yes
that ll probably be my team i have always been an only female characters player good to know i ll have someone with who shares hints ! i ll try mai and mature too probably and b mar ... oh damn she is not in the game !

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

ahah yes
that ll probably be my team i have always been an only female characters player good to know i ll have someone with who shares hints ! i ll try mai and mature too probably and b mar ... oh damn she is not in the game !
I'll use Mai, Mature and King :)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
kyo with rekkas is more popular than the original version

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo