Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364684 times)

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
All I need is Shingo or chizuru and then my three sacred treasures team will be complete =O

Too bad they can't since their not in a good condition in the story

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
All I need is Shingo or chizuru and then my three sacred treasures team will be complete =O

Too bad they can't since their not in a good condition in the story

Neither was Iori-with-flames, and look how that turned out!

Kinda suprised at the surge of Chizuru-fans, after seeing RekKyo. She's really pretty rarely used in KoF, so I'd love to see her get a refresh! Not to mention she's a pretty unique character gameplay-wise, anyway.

And funky dance victory poses FTW.

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
I wonder if Mr Karate will be used as an opportunity to put KOF2002 Takuma into the game. If that's the case I don't think I'd mind too much.

MC2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I just want to give props to all of you that are being mature and sticking with the game.  Getting salty an cancelling your pre order and talking about how the game is ruined because of these characters is just plain stupid. 

As for Mr. Karate, I'm expecting him to be something like....2002 invisible Kouken, SVC dragon punch and Dragon Punch DM, Shourankyaku....maybe he'll have Tsubaru O Shikouken from 02 UM.  I REALLY don't think he's just gonna be some clone like some of you guys are saying, Takuma has a pretty rich moveset history.  Besides, Hwa turned out different enough from Joe, right?

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
lol i think only one guy said that. and even then, i doubt he's serious lol
In it to win it!

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
RT @JWonggg: I have lately been a @AtlusUSA fanboy. So please bring out KOFXIII Asap so I can wreck fools in it! GOGOGO

Is this good or bad?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
It's pretty stupid to cancel pre-orders over these characters. We're getting an improved version with new characters, challenges and story mode and what appears to be a robust online system. I cannot understand how people can be upset over that.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2011, 03:36:28 AM »
quote from "lol, forums" (Staff member of Atlus):
I wouldn't put too much stock in that remaining on-disc character left to reveal, either.

I guess we are not getting a non-ex or new character.

Greenwood

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2011, 03:38:33 AM »
I'm jacking your post Greenwood.  -Kane317Sorry I jacked your post Greenwood.  -Kane317

Hahaha, no problem  ;)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2011, 03:39:25 AM »
Looks like Kane forgot to close this thread hehe, we have hit over a 100 pages again.

Fine.  ;)

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
It's pretty stupid to cancel pre-orders over these characters. We're getting an improved version with new characters, challenges and story mode and what appears to be a robust online system. I cannot understand how people can be upset over that.

Yes, I don't see why people should cancel preorders over characters they don't want, certain features removed (Like Spectator Mode), etc.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that remaining on-disc character left to reveal, either.

Not to mention that he quoted my post in the Atlus forums. lol
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:50:54 AM by Mikel »

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2011, 04:14:46 AM »

I would buy an Ex-King.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2011, 04:18:32 AM »
I think it's cool to speculate guys, but none of this is official so there's no point in majoring in minor things.  I'm not taking sides here, but this is an interesting opinion from TA over at ON a couple weeks backs:

Quote from: Toxic Avanger
Everyone in their sane minds will take a "brand new character" over a sprite edit, but that's not the issue. The thing is that doing a sprite re-edit like Saiki takes roughly 2/8 or 3/8 the effort and time than creating a brand new character from scratch. And even if "they drop" 4 sprite edits characters that doesn't equate to having a brand new guy; this is so because when doing a brand new character several teams are involved in the work, and for a sprite edit not only less work but less people are involved.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't hold my hopes too up for brand new drawn from scratch guys; if SNK would have that much graphic manpower at disposal to this game then perhaps Billy would animate properly; I'm kinda long resigned to the idea that we are going to have reedit characters only for the console.

Again; Bottom line is, the concept is "having a meato reedit or nothing", thus if more characters than the ones planned right now are going to be added to the game, they aren't gonna be shinny new things but rather sprite edits (considering the time the game needs to be printed, tested, rated and distributed, we roughly had for about half month left for ingame development at max).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:20:04 AM by Kane317 »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2011, 04:36:07 AM »
To be fair, it seems like EX-KYO and EX-IORI are not exactly sprite edit (I recall reading the school outfit kyo was actually different than 2003 kyo)

My only doubt is mr karate, at least I hope that he has his old stance

Waifu Material

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2011, 04:54:51 AM »
Well, assuming all this info is true, and there's still one character left to be announced...
BRING ME MARK OF THE WOLVES TERRY, SNKP!!!!!
I prefer new characters but if they are just gonna re-do sprites, I want Terry.

About Mr. Karate, he could be Takuma with different attacks or he could be an Ex Ryo with the Tengu mask.
His stage appears to be the one from AOF and as we all remember, he was a clone of Ryo there.