Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 367243 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2011, 04:58:02 AM »
There is some video with karate aof 1 movelist?

Waifu Material

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
It's pretty stupid to cancel pre-orders over these characters. We're getting an improved version with new characters, challenges and story mode and what appears to be a robust online system. I cannot understand how people can be upset over that.

I was expecting Ex Kyo, I was shocked about Mr.Karate... That's because he always had Boss status in the games, but that doesn't change me getting the game... Me and my friend pre-order the game (2 copies) about  2 weeks after the pre-orders open. we knew nothing of extra stuff, extra stuff is that extra stuff. like you said, Nilcam. We're getting an improved version with new characters, challenges, story mode, and Edit mode. I too don't understand what more they need to want this game, but it is their lost.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:09:53 AM by Chipymax »
Xbox live: Chipymax

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2011, 06:37:01 AM »
i still would like a spectator mode i dont want it to be like marvel 3 where i have to sit and look at boncing cards for 2 minutes especially if there are 8 people in the room

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2011, 09:20:17 AM »
Well I'm just glad to see the blobs getting revealed and as we predicted they are EX characters. Not to mention SNKP did hint who they were heavily in their KOF-i backgrounds, so no surprised.

But now that I know who they are, I can stop wishing for characters and get my mind ready for these characters. Can't wait to play KOFXIII in my console already!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2011, 09:35:36 AM »
My wish for DLC Characters - Oswald, Adelheid, Botan; most definitely dig that.

Most likely DLC Characters now - Shin Kyo, Shin Mr. Karate, maybe one more unknown; surprised, but can still dig it.

For the complainers, please don't turn this into a "Yes Ex Kyo/Karate, No Buy." They're optional anyway, and you've got plenty of other characters to try out in a game few have even touched yet. Give the whole game a chance before you start judging the parts. And give SNKP a chance to confirm this before you fly off the handle.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2011, 09:52:22 AM »
Some new images from KOF-i gallery by patrickthehedgehog from NeoGAF:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/takk28/photo-3.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/takk28/photo1.png (New Kula win pose? + Didn't know Diana had a butterfly tatto)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/takk28/photo3.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/takk28/photo5.png

BTW Haomaru in Osaka 96 stage:

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:54:45 AM by DarKaoZ »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »
Posted in the vid thread, but it deserves mentioning here, too:

2, no 6 AND A HALF Hours About an hour and a half worth of Console Streaming from UK's Take All Comers event: Day 1:
http://www.twitch.tv/exdragonproject/b/294655766

More Live Streaming from the event, coming soon!: http://www.twitch.tv/exdragonproject

Notes:

Yes, that build appears to be un-installed, and has the longer loads.
And the first instance I remember seeing of music-skipping between rounds.
But it also seems to have some of that special effect back in the white stage, that changes the darkness on the character shades, as it did in the arcade version. As well as a lot of improved / modified sound effects. This is a weird build!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:39:41 PM by SAB-CA »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2011, 10:20:52 AM »
Thanks for the links everyone! I'm loving the sudden influx of screen shots. The team pics, using their sprites are especially cool.

This may seem like an odd request, and admittedly it is a small thing. But I rather hope that the various EX characters have both outfits selectable. For example, current Takuma has a version with and without his Tengu mask. I hope Mr. Karate gets a similar option. Or, for example, you'd be able to select rekka Kyo in his NESTS or his 2003 outfit.

I know it's a tiny detail, and perhaps not worth the trouble, but I'd love the variety it would offer in character selection.

This leak has made me think of all the other EX characters I'd like to see. EX Andy is near the top, since he already has a badass alt outfit to go with it. EX King would be cool, as someone else mentioned. Also, call me crazy, but an EX Leona that played similarly to Heidern would be the cat's pajamas. But don't worry, I won't cancel my preorder if they're not included.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:31:21 AM by Rex Dart »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »
@SAB-CA: Yeah, this build has a lot of new sounds. Like the WINNER letters making a sound when they first appear before the win quote. The new character selected sound, K DM makes new sound when the sunglasses are in the air spinning after hit + as you mentioned, the White Room effect is back, which I'm particularly glad about. lol

EDIT: Funny how MARCO/BUTT appears standing in the Kyokugen Dojo Stage preview, but in the actual stage he is only sitting down.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:23:37 AM by DarKaoZ »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2011, 11:17:23 AM »
All the new sounds and such are great, I liked Mai's fan actually making a "woosh" when thrown, now...

At about an hour and 8 minutes in to this first 2 hour block, you can see that a final round Double KO now leads to an extra round, where each participant has about 30% health left, with meters reset. This was mentioned earlier, but possibly the first time we've seen it in vids.

Also, King's "new" defeat scream can be heard after this round. Sounds more like a "Mary" scream than "King" if you ask me, which only makes me a bit nostalgic, lol.

Also note, that when they choose to "restart" rounds after having picking random, the restarts actually seem to give them a new stage to fight in each time! This is actually quite cool.

Oh, and @Rex Dart: You know, I'd actually hope that EX characters, in a perfect work, could come with their own Bonus Alts, really. Like giving RekKyo a Shingo head (AND VOICE!) Swap, as if he mastered the power of the Kusanagi Flames, or give EX Mr Karate a Kushnood head (and voice) swap, to almost make him like a new character.

For EX iori, if they were really bold, they'd give him an Orochi Iori stance, and modify his face within his moves, to keep him wild looking, lol.

It'd be a great way to get more mileage out of the EX's, and one more way to make them feel more valuable.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:14:26 PM by SAB-CA »

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
Also note, that when they choose to "restart" rounds after having picking random, the restarts actually seem to give them a new stage to fight in each time! This is actually quite cool.
That's really nice! I have no idea why so few games do this (well, maybe it's to cut down loading times).

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2011, 01:14:18 PM »
Rising star's youtube trailer has 100k views. Nice to see that europe is interested in the game. Plz SNKp dont fuck up the online.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »
have you considered that manyof those  viewsare from the same person. like person A who has watched it 10x doesnt count for 10 people. shit, ive watched that trailer like 10 times.

also whats the rule on animated gifs? how big can they be? and what if it shows a small femalle nipple from an animated woman? asking here cause something like this doesnt deserve a thread of its own. XXenace, maybe you can help me out?

edit? kula got some huge ass bitches as bodyguards. they as tall as maxima?!?!? wtf!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:29:55 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2011, 04:45:35 PM »
mmm, more ex characters with their respective stage will be really cool

Kensou 98 or 2000 with the stage from kof 95
Robert 2000 with his AOF 2 stage, or the totally badass AOF 94 stage
Yuri 2000 with the AOF 96 stage
Any of the fatal fury team with any fatal fury stage (Mt Rushmore anyone?) or their 95 version
Ralf 98 with the 96 stage

And so and on

Still I think that we will see more characters, I'm expecting some upgrade to XIII for arcades where more characters will be involved and who later will be sold to consoles

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2011, 05:40:46 PM »
theres more than enough ex characters and palllette swaps in the game already.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!