Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 367758 times)

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2011, 02:42:13 AM »
dont get me wrong guys i am truly thankful for all the things we are getting in KoF but it just kind of odd not having some of these things that even lesser known fighting games have i know according to a few of you here i may be whining a bit over something i really cant control but i just feel that some of these simple things should be in the game like spectaors and the ability to save replays etc im just saying snk said we were supposed to have a robust online for the game and it seems to me like its gonna be just decent to sub par.

and i dont know about you guys but as a KoF fan i wouldn't sit here and say "oh well you should be happy they just brought the game out and added more to it" when you know they could potentially do more with it
Didn't they say you could do that in that interview?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2011, 02:45:38 AM »
Replays are in, that is a sure thing. Heck even KOF-i has replays.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2011, 02:46:04 AM »
dont get me wrong guys i am truly thankful for all the things we are getting in KoF but it just kind of odd not having some of these things that even lesser known fighting games have i know according to a few of you here i may be whining a bit over something i really cant control but i just feel that some of these simple things should be in the game like spectaors and the ability to save replays etc im just saying snk said we were supposed to have a robust online for the game and it seems to me like its gonna be just decent to sub par.

and i dont know about you guys but as a KoF fan i wouldn't sit here and say "oh well you should be happy they just brought the game out and added more to it" when you know they could potentially do more with it
Didn't they say you could do that in that interview?
dont really remember if it's in the game i apologize for that statement, though if not my point still stands

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2011, 03:01:31 AM »
I want to ask to some atlus staff member who are the loading times on an xbox 360, I saw the TAC stream today, and they didn't had the game installed, so I don't know if this issue will be solved on the final version  or if I install the game I will had loading times just like an installed ps3

They were using Debug 360 provided by Microsoft, these 360s don't have as much RAM as the consumers version. Plus the fact that the game isn't not installed and the console doesn't have a HDD, all that causes the game to load that long. As you could see the PS3 version in PAX had minimal loading (1 to 2 secs) so that should be good enough to show that the 360 version will be on the same league or a bit slower (1 to 4 secs max).

Actually most debug consoles have MORE ram than the consumer versions.  They also have hard drives as a requirement.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2011, 03:03:05 AM »
I want to ask to some atlus staff member who are the loading times on an xbox 360, I saw the TAC stream today, and they didn't had the game installed, so I don't know if this issue will be solved on the final version  or if I install the game I will had loading times just like an installed ps3

They were using Debug 360 provided by Microsoft, these 360s don't have as much RAM as the consumers version. Plus the fact that the game isn't not installed and the console doesn't have a HDD, all that causes the game to load that long. As you could see the PS3 version in PAX had minimal loading (1 to 2 secs) so that should be good enough to show that the 360 version will be on the same league or a bit slower (1 to 4 secs max).

Actually most debug consoles have MORE ram than the consumer versions.  They also have hard drives as a requirement.

But aren't those Developer kits? Debug Consoles are a different thing IIRC. But anyways, that is what RSG have been telling people in every event so far.

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2011, 03:20:47 AM »
Even with the EX character announcements, I'm still so hyped for the game. I'm praying I can get a job in time to get the pre-order bonus. I also think since it is the internet, it's much harder for people to get the intent behind things. A sale is a sale.

Thanks for the link Sibarraz! Awesome!

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2011, 03:31:10 AM »
i just feel that some of these simple things should be in the game like spectaors and the ability to save replays etc im just saying snk said we were supposed to have a robust online for the game and it seems to me like its gonna be just decent to sub par.
At least that would mean that they meant robust as in good netcode, which is great imo. :)

But I get what you're saying.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2011, 03:42:49 AM »
i just feel that some of these simple things should be in the game like spectaors and the ability to save replays etc im just saying snk said we were supposed to have a robust online for the game and it seems to me like its gonna be just decent to sub par.
At least that would mean that they meant robust as in good netcode, which is great imo. :)

But I get what you're saying.
i dont think having a good netcode would qualify as "robust" i think it would need more than that

GearaDoga

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2011, 03:46:23 AM »
I'm quite surprised by all of the negativity regarding information we've had for months. Shortly after XIII was announced, it was made clear that there would not be a clan 3-on-3 mode. A few days later, we were told there would not be a spectator mode. Honestly, most KOF players would have been happy with a straight port with online and we're getting so much more than that and the negativity is spiraling out of control.
I think you are taking what people are saying way too seriously. Just because someone expresses disappointment about a couple of things does not mean they suddenly hate the game. For instance, I said I was disappointed at there being so many EX characters instead of some completely different characters. I expressed my opinion, then I got over it. The level of hype I have for this game has not gone down even a little. Hell, I'm so excited for this game I got 2 copies pre-ordered so I can give one to a friend.

One guy said he was cancelling his pre-order (he was probably joking) and everyone just freaked out about it. I don't appreciate people assuming that everyone who has a complaint is some kinda cry baby. That's not how it is.

I think in general people read way too much into what people say on the internet.
I was the guy who said was canceling their pre-order.  Let me clear things up so as to abate this negativity:  I was simply joking.  However I am dissapointed in SNKP for their choice of DLC characters.  I know its less costly to modify an existing character than making a new one from scratch.  I would have personally preferred an EX Terry like in '98 with the Fire Kick. 

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2011, 03:49:06 AM »
i dont think having a good netcode would qualify as "robust" i think it would need more than that
Yeah, that's true, I guess.

Dale

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2011, 04:41:13 AM »
Even if room and matchmaking options are limited. they could still have 6 characters on six characters or unlimited super matches, but they won't.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2011, 04:56:44 AM »
6 on 6 and unlimited supers? I think we are better off without. 3 on 3 takes long enough as is, and unlimited supers just doesn't suit the game.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2011, 05:02:48 AM »
The thing that I had never understood is why in a room of 4 people, only two could play while 2 just had to watch/wait

Why not just make a lobby, where people reunite, play separately, without interfering on their matches, and then, if A and D wins, they play later while the losers B and C play at the same time

Or if there's only3 people, than you can go to training mode while you are waiting

If lag is the problem, I could understand why only 2 people could play a game, but the rest of the people needs to do something while they wait

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2011, 05:11:49 AM »
The thing that I had never understood is why in a room of 4 people, only two could play while 2 just had to watch/wait

Why not just make a lobby, where people reunite, play separately, without interfering on their matches, and then, if A and D wins, they play later while the losers B and C play at the same time

Or if there's only3 people, than you can go to training mode while you are waiting

If lag is the problem, I could understand why only 2 people could play a game, but the rest of the people needs to do something while they wait

Might as well do a PSN Chatroom and just invite people to fight in a 1on1 room. The point of spectator room is to see your friend matches and talk while they fight or commentate.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2011, 07:45:47 AM »
Alot of news. I guess the netcode was somewhat tested recently?