Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364779 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2011, 08:04:34 AM »
Alot of news. I guess the netcode was somewhat tested recently?

Nop, no netcode testing, we are just recompiling what we know about the Netcode based on interviews/scans/website/forums/etc. No official word on the netcode testing and PR can say the netcode is smooth as silk, but ones it goes to the wild aka released, it's when the real testing begins.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2011, 11:25:02 AM »
if there is one more EX character coming I want EX KING

KOFXIII already has "EX" King.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2011, 01:43:28 PM »
if there is one more EX character coming I want EX KING

KOFXIII already has "EX" King.

Ok then I want the non aof King. She is the easiest to make btw, so I believe it's her. Surprise rose as a normal move is ready, they just need to do illussion dance which is mostly combination of existing frames, do her qcb KICKS, her command grab and hcb+P which are frames they can use in illussion dance as well and a qcb qcb DM. Her neomax can be her throwing 30 venom strikes or something.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 01:47:00 PM by Eripio »

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2011, 01:56:15 PM »
since we had only EX male characters i think too king would be the better choice or maybe mai. Ex mai wouldnt be bad too.

anyway i was just wondering : am i the only one who liked duck king in xi ? i think he wouldnt have been so bad in xiii

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
Ok then I want the non aof King. She is the easiest to make btw, so I believe it's her. Surprise rose as a normal move is ready, they just need to do illusion dance which is mostly combination of existing frames, do her qcb KICKS, her command grab and hcb+P which are frames they can use in illusion dance as well and a qcb qcb DM. Her neomax can be her throwing 30 venom strikes or something.

I dunno, Surprise Rose as a normal special move isn't all it's cracked up to be I think. It works better as a DM since King has ways to combo into it. Illusion Dance on the other hand is just awful, I never want to see that move back. The start-up on that move was atrocious and there's no practical way to combo into it. Worst ranbu type super in the games.

King is pretty solid as she is in KOF13, there's not much point in altering her or putting a vastly inferior version of her into the game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 04:44:14 PM by Running Wild »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »
If we must have another EX character then it should be MOTW Terry. Give him his rekka, change up his power waves a little, give him his old CD, and his neomax could be his LDM from XI. Don't give him back his power dunk though, instead let him keep his rising tackle and make it a dp.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »
If we must have another EX character then it should be MOTW Terry. Give him his rekka, change up his power waves a little, give him his old CD, and his neomax could be his LDM from XI. Don't give him back his power dunk though, instead let him keep his rising tackle and make it a dp.
wouldn't it be rather odd to see motw terry with a rising taco ya' know since any other game he's been in doesn't use it much rather he have power dahnk or else it feel just like playing regular terry

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2011, 04:34:10 PM »
Sociald: Naaa, I liked Duck King too, I'd rather have him as a "dance character" than Momoko, personally.

MetalThrashingMadman: Yeah... MoTW Terry is one of the few EX character that would still make some sense. Even if I'd like to see the terry we have get a bit of buff instead, Terry has enough moves over the years to make an EX worthwhile. I'd like to see him with a buffed Buster Wolf, and the return of a proper Triple Geyser. "CHARGIN!" rekka-like stuff, and maybe something totally crazy for his neomax, like making Power Stream into a command grab, lol.

-----

Most of these others being listed as EX (such as King)... I'd rather just see the character get a new move or 2, or some buffs, in a later update. People like King and Mai have solid re-interpetations of old styles with new twist, it'd be much more interesting to build off what they've become, than split them into 2 iterations for little reason.

Mr. Karate at least can be a totally different, more violent and vicious character as an EX, and there are storyline reasons why he can't /doesn't do things like normal Koho's, not to mention all the vastly different variations he's had over the years.

Modern Kensou seems to be working as a "best of" idea, he might be ok as an EX, but truthfully, if I'm gonna see someone with leaping dash punches make it in, I'd rather see Tung Fu Rue ;) Make Tung into a stealth Yun troll (Make his EX moves have shadows (like in NGBC) + limited Genei-Jin style juggling), and give him a 2nd palette with glasses + a hawaiian print shirt, and I'm happy! (Problem is I'd probably be the only one, lol)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
dude master roshi tung would be awesome

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »
anyway i was just wondering : am i the only one who liked duck king in xi ? i think he wouldnt have been so bad in xiii

quote with bro fist spare (yes i'm a duck king user in XI)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »
wouldn't it be rather odd to see motw terry with a rising taco ya' know since any other game he's been in doesn't use it much rather he have power dahnk or else it feel just like playing regular terry
The thing is power dunk just isn't that good of a move. If they made it better I would have no objection. But as it stands, I would rather have rising tackle.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
The thing is power dunk just isn't that good of a move.

Power Dunk is a great move dude.

So long Terry can break it.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »
even without breaking its still a great move since it doesnt need a charge.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »
Depending on game, it could be fairly safe on block, and was even an overhead, something Terry lacked in most KOF titles.

If only he had that dashing Punt Kick...

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2011, 11:15:22 PM »
lol those green portraits were really misleading. Noone of us saw Kyo or Takuma