Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364657 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2011, 11:31:14 PM »
A few did think Kyo. Someone on ON also mentioned Karate, I believe.

Really interested in seeing their moves, however. EX Kyo stands to be one of the more complex characters in this game, and they have a LOT to draw from for the real Mr. Karate. Looking forward to a remix of his AoF1 theme, too.

SNKP might not be at TGS, but this might be a good week to release some info anyway. Atlus USA is the only branch of the company involved with XIII, correct? The JP side is being handeled by SNKP themselves. Though, the Atlus US KoF site seems to be updated at the middle and ends of a month, and the middle is coming up soon.

JoeJustice

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 13, 2011, 01:14:29 AM »

Mr. Karate at least can be a totally different, more violent and vicious character as an EX, and there are storyline reasons why he can't /doesn't do things like normal Koho's, not to mention all the vastly different variations he's had over the years.

I've never heard of these reasons! Care to elaborate?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 13, 2011, 01:30:30 AM »
Found this post by a Atlus Staff at their Forums, which clears things up a bit about DLC and extra characters:

Quote from: lol, forums - Atlus Staff
Here's what's official:
- As of now, there are 5 extra characters to be in the console version that weren't in the arcade version
- Two of those will be available with the game
- Those two have been announced to be Billy Kane and Saiki (human form)
- The other three will be DLC
- One of those has been announced as Iori with the Power of Flames. The other two have yet to be officially announced.
- Subsequent new characters may be announced as DLC at later points

So obviosuly RSG did say some confusing things early on which has led to some misconceptions. Aside from that, I'd say the RSG rep you quoted above didn't know that when you said "Iori 98" you were referring to the character that's officially being called "Iori with the Power of Flames."

Also, I don't think there's been any reason for you to assume either of the bosses from the arcade version will be playable.

Sorry for the bubble bursting there that most of you should've picked up.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 13, 2011, 01:33:55 AM »
Found this post by a Atlus Staff at their Forums, which clears things up a bit about DLC and extra characters:

Quote from: lol, forums - Atlus Staff
Here's what's official:
- As of now, there are 5 extra characters to be in the console version that weren't in the arcade version
- Two of those will be available with the game
- Those two have been announced to be Billy Kane and Saiki (human form)
- The other three will be DLC
- One of those has been announced as Iori with the Power of Flames. The other two have yet to be officially announced.
- Subsequent new characters may be announced as DLC at later points

So obviosuly RSG did say some confusing things early on which has led to some misconceptions. Aside from that, I'd say the RSG rep you quoted above didn't know that when you said "Iori 98" you were referring to the character that's officially being called "Iori with the Power of Flames."

Also, I don't think there's been any reason for you to assume either of the bosses from the arcade version will be playable.

Sorry for the bubble bursting there that most of you should've picked up.
makes a lot more sense now

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 13, 2011, 02:00:46 AM »
Well, guess that means we know everything concerning the new characters. With about 6 weeks and change to spare before the complete release of the game to the masses, I think we've got everything we needed to know all wrapped up. The netcode is important, but honestly, that's not something we need to know right this very minute anyway. There's also too little time for them to change or add anything so I figure it's a done deal.

Now, if they announce they're releasing an arcade update...Well, that's a different story.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2011, 02:18:28 AM »
wait lemme ask something before i post this elsewhere they confirmed that ex kyo and mistah karate were dlc right?

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2011, 02:22:09 AM »
Xxenace: Don't think so. They say to wait for official announce, but you can consider these EXs as whatever you want, they just don't care. Only wait, like we all do at the moment.

Funny, that person has said recently that there is a character on-disc to be revealed. Or did I understand him wrong?
"As of now"... Hmmm
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:28:20 AM by UltimaOriginal »
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2011, 02:24:13 AM »
I'm pleased to announce the KOFXIII Grand Opening Online Tournament!

Please sign up here. http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1270.0

Info is scarce right now cause I'm still working stuff out, but I'll get it done as soon as I can.

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2011, 02:41:14 AM »
Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but wouldn't you want to see how the networking code has turned out before you organise any sort of tournament?

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2011, 02:49:18 AM »
I thought about that, but I have a couple reasons why I decided to do this anyway. The main reason being I want this game to have a strong launch and I feel this is a good way to keep the hype machine rolling post launch. Also, Nilcam wants to run regional ranbats and this will be a good test run. Lastly, I have faith that SNKP's claims that this game will have vastly improved netcode are honest.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:53:50 AM by MetalThrashingMadman »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:15 AM »
I've never heard of these reasons! Care to elaborate?

Oh, it's nothing too deep; I believe it was either Geese or Mr. Big that gave him the X Scar on his chest. This wound prevents him from doing the move normally. So when he unleashes his "Built Upper" Neomax, you can be sure he's gone through a LOT to be able to even do it.

He's feeling that old scar in SVC Chaos, in his ending, too.

Takuma does pretty good for having a dehabilitiating wound; So when he gets serious as Mr. Karate, things are even more ramped up, haha. I really hope he's got an aura of power akin to someone like Rugal, in this iteration; I have to say I prefer a boss-like Takuma much more than, say, Transformed Saiki as a playable character, lol.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2011, 04:02:58 AM »
So there's a chance that the stage with KOF XII AOF Team will be Mr. Karate's Stage?

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2011, 05:27:49 AM »
So there's a chance that the stage with KOF XII AOF Team will be Mr. Karate's Stage?

Dunno what you mean (never played XII), but i think Mr. Karate's stage will be his classic AOF1 stage, found in the new version of KOF-i, of course the stage got a nice overhaul.

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2011, 08:43:09 AM »
does anyone else think its dumb that yuri and shen have command grabs drive cancelable into full combos, yet actual grapplers like vice clark or daimon dont get shit off theirs? [other than daimon dp+k into ground pickup which is almost comparable i guess]. i hope they rethink those changes before the final version

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2011, 08:49:16 AM »
I'd be happy if Clark got a damage buff on his SAB, UAB DM/EX DM, Air Throw, and NeoMAX. I don't think he needs much else other than steady damage.