Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364790 times)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #480 on: September 21, 2011, 02:25:18 AM »
If there is one theme I want to hear again in KOFXIII, it's Big Shot.

They included it as the 'alternate' BGM for the Fatal Fury team in the arcade version - you can hear it in some Japanese match videos.
Actually, I think the FF team's alt theme is "Street Dancer" from XI. Which is fine by me, as I think Big Shot is a bit overused.

Big Shot XL on the other hand... Oh SNK, why won't you acknowledge your amazing Wild Ambition tracks?

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 21, 2011, 02:40:10 AM »
I love Street Dancer!!
It is one of those super upbeat songs that I consider great for a fight.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 21, 2011, 06:21:18 AM »
Is not the better even though because his wild ambition track is superb

Same with Andy, his Wild Ambition Track always gets me hype, and fits him better than the italian music

A few Wild Ambition tracks were flat out awesome, including Kim, Andy, and Terry's.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 21, 2011, 06:40:38 AM »
Actually, Wild Ambition is ''maybe'' one of the best OST that SNK has, for me is on pair with 96

Terry and Andy theme are awesome, mai finally gets a good ''harmonic track'' plus the name of the track is funny (Unexplored Territory) Kim, Raiden, and Billy Kane themes are just bad, Yamazaki has a really good tune too, same with Xiangfei with a very joyful theme, and toji sakata theme is MANLY. Joe theme fits his muay thai but not so much his personality. Tsugumi is just boring

Overall, a really good OST, which is overlooked thanks to the game. I wish to see those theme somehow in the future

Waifu Material

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 21, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »
Oh man. I'm cool with what's in KOF XIII. But Wild Ambition's 11th Street as an alternate track for Fatal Fury team would be too good.

Fatal Fury Wild Ambition -11th Street (Terry Bogard)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:51:46 PM by Grokbu »

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2011, 12:41:33 AM »
Man,. next time we get Yama he needs his WB track Black Rose.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 22, 2011, 08:08:52 AM »
It seems KOF96 is coming out for NeoGeoStation next week, that will keep me busy until XIII comes out.

EDIT: BTW new blog update with TRIALS info in it, I think.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/09/post_43.html
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:36:52 AM by DarKaoZ »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2011, 10:11:49 AM »

MAKAN-KO-SA-PPO!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2011, 10:16:49 AM »

MAKAN-KO-SA-PPO!

lol, didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. That is a nice tribute to DBZ and if looks perfect. lol

BTW SAB-CA, you should try to clear up the Loading Times stuff to the guys at NeoGAF. Show them the PAX videos on how KOFXIII runs when the game is installed on a PS3, so they don't have to worry about loading times anymore. 

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #489 on: September 22, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »
I thought about it, actually; I kinda took it as "this is just Fersis being PS3sis", ha. I always think of that thread as "everyone should know better than this by now!", but that's not always dependable... if it comes up again, it'll be clear-up time! For the sake of new faces, especially.

Oh, and for some reason... Siliconera decided to talk about KoF XIII's replay options!
Share Replays with the world... if you're good enough!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 22, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »
I thought about it, actually; I kinda took it as "this is just Fersis being PS3sis", ha. I always think of that thread as "everyone should know better than this by now!", but that's not always dependable... if it comes up again, it'll be clear-up time! For the sake of new faces, especially.

Oh, and for some reason... Siliconera decided to talk about KoF XIII's replay options!

Indeed, every time I see some of the people reply (even the ones that post there frequently. They keep saying the load times are long, even if Atlus/RSG/SNKP have stated several times they will not be that long and after seen such fast loading times from the SonicTempest PAX Videos. Oh well... I wish I could post there again, but still puzzled why I got banned. =/

Regarding the Replay Options, it sound like how SF4 did it before the Replay Channel was added. I hope SNKP keeps the replay mode from XII, it was awesome to share replays of any match I had.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #491 on: September 22, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
Hey, Rising Star Games seems to be giving you European guys a nice pre-order bonus now!

RSG Pre-Order Press Release

The pre-order package will include a limited edition 4-CD soundtrack from the history of The KING OF FIGHTERS. This pre-order incentive is in addition to the contents of the retail box, which includes: game disc, double sided A3 poster (artwork on one side, move list on the reverse), digital art disc, reversible sleeves (design specific to format).

Ooo.

DarK: Heh, yeah, I know. GAF likes to complain a lot (but doesn't all the net!) I'm surprised the loading convo still comes up, but I guess it's unusual for people to see such an early build so often / so close to release, so they're very worried. Words? Who cares about words? THE VIDEOS I SAW WORRY ME! hehe.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:28:40 AM by SAB-CA »

Chlorophylle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 22, 2011, 12:30:13 PM »
As i already said in a French forum, i don't care about the bonuses if they're going to push further away the day we're supposed to have the game. They are bonuses fcs ! The 4 CD shit is going to be on megaupload 2 days after the release anyway ! Just give me the goddamn game !
Seriously, November ?! The US and Japan will have their game in october (20 october if i remember well ), and We stupid eurapeans will have it in Novembre ? And i even bet it's gonna be November the 15 or something like that, 1 month after the others.

Yes i FANBOY RAGE.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 22, 2011, 01:20:08 PM »
has anyone confirmed that those dlc leak pictures were fake or not

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 22, 2011, 01:51:18 PM »

Indeed, every time I see some of the people reply (even the ones that post there frequently. They keep saying the load times are long, even if Atlus/RSG/SNKP have stated several times they will not be that long and after seen such fast loading times from the SonicTempest PAX Videos. Oh well... I wish I could post there again, but still puzzled why I got banned. =/

Regarding the Replay Options, it sound like how SF4 did it before the Replay Channel was added. I hope SNKP keeps the replay mode from XII, it was awesome to share replays of any match I had.

GAF's a huge place, there's always going to be some folks spreading stuff that isn't true.

All I know is I stopwatched the between-rounds on that youtube video and got about 1.5 seconds.  I consider 2 seconds for between rounds to be acceptable, as that's what SSFII on SNES had.   

I'm just glad the optimized netcode is something RSG is advertising, it's showing that SNK knows it's important, and isn't just paying lip service- I think they are actually trying to do something at least.