Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364816 times)

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #510 on: September 22, 2011, 09:18:44 PM »
More of a Dark Geese question: Anyone know the number of Mexican players playing this or picking it up?

What happened to DG?

He suddenly was gone lol

He deleted his account and yes Mexican players are gonna pick up KOFXIII thank goodness.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #511 on: September 22, 2011, 09:21:42 PM »
Prof Just posted this at MMC:

Quick news for the hardcore KOF fans: looks like the community will be getting its first two KOF-dedicated semiprofessional players.

Dune and Ogosho announced today that they're currently going through paperworks for contract with elive. They won't get paid a salary or anything, but they'll have their travel and accomodation fees paid in place for playing as an elive member. The contract apparently has a very weak bind so there's nothing mandatory, and they can continue to stream on nico as they used to.

It seems also that this may be one of the first steps towards advertizing elive in Japan, as the service is reportedly slated to launch services soon.

Thier first travel as elive players will be domestic at Duelling in Kyoto if the paperworks make it on time. They aren't planning to make any trips overseas any time soon, at least during the current year. Dune apparently doesn't like planes. They should be going to Evo next year (if 13 is there of course).

I wonder if elive would sponsor any US players? Either way, this is pretty nice news to hear. One step towards KoF XIII at Evo, is having people who want to play it, able to get there...

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:37 PM »
More of a Dark Geese question: Anyone know the number of Mexican players playing this or picking it up?

What happened to DG?

He suddenly was gone lol

He has different goals than Dream Cancel and does not agree with our approach to building the community and has thus moved on.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 22, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Great news for Oogosho and Dune

When think that I hope to see if there is ever an international KOF tournament  is the presence of more players that aren't from USA or Japan.

People from China, Korea, Mexico, France, or Peru at the same time could be some really epic thing, unfortunely, that will be hard to see for a time unless gaming goes more proffesional, or if the players from there are willing to travel.

And thanks for the aclarations

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 22, 2011, 09:31:27 PM »

What happened to DG?

He suddenly was gone lol

He has different goals than Dream Cancel and does not agree with our approach to building the community and has thus moved on.

That is a shame, hopefully his approach also works out and we all get to help KOF get more popular.

Regarding Dune and Oogosho, that is awesome! Hopefully this is a sign of KOF great future.

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 22, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »
Prof Just posted this at MMC:

Quick news for the hardcore KOF fans: looks like the community will be getting its first two KOF-dedicated semiprofessional players.

Dune and Ogosho announced today that they're currently going through paperworks for contract with elive. They won't get paid a salary or anything, but they'll have their travel and accomodation fees paid in place for playing as an elive member. The contract apparently has a very weak bind so there's nothing mandatory, and they can continue to stream on nico as they used to.

It seems also that this may be one of the first steps towards advertizing elive in Japan, as the service is reportedly slated to launch services soon.

Thier first travel as elive players will be domestic at Duelling in Kyoto if the paperworks make it on time. They aren't planning to make any trips overseas any time soon, at least during the current year. Dune apparently doesn't like planes. They should be going to Evo next year (if 13 is there of course).

I wonder if elive would sponsor any US players? Either way, this is pretty nice news to hear. One step towards KoF XIII at Evo, is having people who want to play it, able to get there...

So these are the big names Frionel mentioned in the Wakeup SRK podcast, awesome job!
Their KOF team is already very strong. If i up my XIII game i will try to contact CCL and Kenpachi (who're also in Elive) for some games since Brussels is only 45 mins away.

@ Sibarraz

Elive has Maroccan players as well.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:45:57 PM by EDDR »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 23, 2011, 02:19:21 AM »
is there a tourney in Belgium?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 23, 2011, 02:34:30 AM »
If SNKp or Atlus don't reveal what kind of netcode they used in KOF XIII's development till October 15th, I will say it. Anyone is free to believe or not.

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 23, 2011, 02:42:50 AM »
is there a tourney in Belgium?

Nah, those players just happen to live in Brussels. My guess is that the XIII tourrneys will be held in France.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 23, 2011, 02:51:39 AM »
ok cool.

oftopic but anybody see ni no kuni for ps3? looks like possible best rpg of last 10+ years.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 23, 2011, 03:15:17 AM »
If SNKp or Atlus don't reveal what kind of netcode they used in KOF XIII's development till October 15th, I will say it. Anyone is free to believe or not.

Hmm... I don't get what you are trying to say. Are you saying that SNKP/Atlus/RSG will reveal by Oct 15th what netcode they are using?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 23, 2011, 03:21:21 AM »
No, he's saying that he has info that SNKP/Atlus/RSG hasn't released. He's saying if they don't announce it by Oct 15th, he'll let us in on the secret.

And without trying to sound like a dick, we've heard the "I have secret info about XIII, just trust me okay?" thing before. It's much more effective if you tell us HOW you know this. Or, more importantly, WHO you are. The anonymous tipster just doesn't carry much credibility these days. Sorry.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 23, 2011, 03:33:45 AM »
I still don't get why people are expecting news from SNKP about the netcode, unless is GGPO I don't know any other netcode, so is obvious that their information will be ''yeah this netcode will gonna kick ass, is amazing''

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 23, 2011, 03:48:28 AM »
I still don't get why people are expecting news from SNKP about the netcode, unless is GGPO I don't know any other netcode, so is obvious that their information will be ''yeah this netcode will gonna kick ass, is amazing''

There are other well known netcodes out there, but in the end, even if the netcode is good, people will complain about the lack of spectator mode.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 23, 2011, 04:01:54 AM »

There are other well known netcodes out there, but in the end, even if the netcode is good, people will complain about the lack of spectator mode.

Yeah, but I rather listen/read 100000 complains about lack of spectator mode than more of this bullshit trolling.