Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364707 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #555 on: September 24, 2011, 07:33:31 PM »
Yea, I was trying to emphasize that in my last post, but being real literal this time:

Getting mad at companies isn't going to solve anything and getting mad at people mad at companies doesn't solve anything either. It only will when you've got the idealism and conviction to do what's necessary to change it. Nobody does so life goes on.

Anyway, how good do you think internet has to be to play the game? I'm still on really crappy DSL, like 3 Mgbs per second. Do you guys think that's too slow or should I be alright? An example, I can play Tekken 6 pretty well on the computer, but not with people half way across the world.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 24, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
Yea, I was trying to emphasize that in my last post, but being real literal this time:

Getting mad at companies isn't going to solve anything and getting mad at people mad at companies doesn't solve anything either. It only will when you've got the idealism and conviction to do what's necessary to change it. Nobody does so life goes on.

Anyway, how good do you think internet has to be to play the game? I'm still on really crappy DSL, like 3 Mgbs per second. Do you guys think that's too slow or should I be alright? An example, I can play Tekken 6 pretty well on the computer, but not with people half way across the world.

I don't think anyone can possibly know, including SNKP, unless they do a large sample testing (You're in SF sitting on top of Silicon Valley man, you gotta get faster speeds!)  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:19:52 PM by Kane317 »

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 24, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »
Come now guys, I translated this thing is not because I want to see you guys fight. If you want to fight, fine, go to 2002 or 1998 and settle things down there. I would be happy to see you guys fight on Garou so I can take some notes.

Also, Kane, you are welcome and I will keep an eye on the official blog. Since I still new and cannot join any topics of fighting skill here, I guess translating is the least thing I can do to support KOF.
I have talked with Giby and he taught me several moves, but it seems knowing the theories and putting them in the fight is two different things...I can only hope time will help. TAT
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 24, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »
Come now guys, I translated this thing is not because I want to see you guys fight. If you want to fight, fine, go to 2002 or 1998 and settle things down there. I would be happy to see you guys fight on Garou so I can take some notes.

Also, Kane, you are welcome and I will keep an eye on the official blog. Since I still new and cannot join any topics of fighting skill here, I guess translating is the least thing I can do to support KOF.
I have talked with Giby and he taught me several moves, but it seems knowing the theories and putting them in the fight is two different things...I can only hope time will help. TAT

Don't take it personally theodora, musolini just likes to voice his opinion (very frequently) and we're all pretty used to it here.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #559 on: September 24, 2011, 10:15:10 PM »
Thanks for the tutorial mode translation, Theo! :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 25, 2011, 01:49:11 AM »
so........... i just got done readin the last few pages and i cant really tell what this thread was about lol and thanks theo

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #561 on: September 25, 2011, 02:49:56 AM »

Don't take it personally theodora, musolini just likes to voice his opinion (very frequently) and we're all pretty used to it here.

Yeah Musolini is a big fat beep.Also theodora thank you for translating that useless interview.Keep up the good work!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 25, 2011, 03:00:33 AM »

Yeah Musolini is a big fat beep.Also theodora thank you for translating that useful interview.Keep up the good work!

Fixed. Not everyone shares your "Be a big fat dick" mentality. Some people find it to be a great bit of information. Yes, I went there.

Thanks a bunch, Theo.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #563 on: September 25, 2011, 03:04:39 AM »

Yeah Musolini is a big fat beep.Also theodora thank you for translating that useless interview.Keep up the good work!

Fixed. Not everyone shares your "Be a big fat dick" mentality. Some people find it to be a great bit of information. Yes, I went there.

Thanks a bunch, Theo.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!111111 - THE WATER IS WET!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 25, 2011, 03:06:11 AM »
buttmad saturdays on DC are awesome

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 25, 2011, 04:07:56 AM »
Sundays are where it's at, we have ranbats then.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 25, 2011, 04:18:36 AM »
So, it's probably been asked before, but does everyone know what they're going to do first when they get their copy of KOF XIII in one month?

I'm gonna be playing the game on a pad for the first time, so I'll definitely be going to practice mode to get adjusted to the inputs. Maybe try out that mission mode that tests combos. It's probably gonna take me at least thirty minutes to feel comfortable doing my go-to combos.

After that, it's straight to network mode. Gotta put that netcode through it's paces.  :)

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 25, 2011, 04:29:13 AM »
So, it's probably been asked before, but does everyone know what they're going to do first when they get their copy of KOF XIII in one month?

I'm gonna be playing the game on a pad for the first time, so I'll definitely be going to practice mode to get adjusted to the inputs. Maybe try out that mission mode that tests combos. It's probably gonna take me at least thirty minutes to feel comfortable doing my go-to combos.

After that, it's straight to network mode. Gotta put that netcode through it's paces.  :)

Color Edit then training mode :)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 25, 2011, 04:40:32 AM »
When I have a new game, I usually go through practice mode first to learn the system and characters moves, then through their story mode in the Hardest Difficulty to practice. But since I know the characters moves already and I know XIII system, I will just go through story mode and after getting lots of colors go nuts on Customization.

After I have my "colors" I will jump to Online to beat some people.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 25, 2011, 05:14:43 AM »
First I'm gonna play arcade mode to defeat Billy and unlock him then I´ll do what ever is required to unluck Saiki.
Unlocking the characters is top priority for me.