Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364689 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #675 on: September 27, 2011, 06:56:57 AM »
as long as the shits not half assed i dont mind waiting more. it's not like theres other fighters or even other games in general that i want over 13.
Sometimes, Musolini gets it exactly right.

I don't think XIII releasing in November would be a disaster. KOF fans are going to buy it this Holiday season no matter what. They've waited years for this game, and no other game is going to replace it.

Yeah, it might hurt initial sales. But if the game has good word-of-mouth and a strong community behind it, it could get some legs behind it.

you misstypped most of the time. ;) also the only REAL market for umvc3 is the US, and i doubt it will even sell a third of what mvc3 did in the US. more like a 1/4 at most. for the content they're releasing it should actually fail, but marvel and cap would still do the bare minimum by name alone.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 27, 2011, 07:20:29 AM »
I don´t agree.
There is a reason they are offering the 4 CD pre-order bonus. Why would they do that? Because they just want us to listen to some nice themes?
No. This works similar to the box office of the film market. I mean, it´s not exactly the same but kinda close.
The first weeks sales determine the level of success you had on the market. A game eventually can make a lot of money throu time, but it is not really advisable to bet on that. No company would actually bet on that.

I'm not saying launch sales aren't important. I'm just saying they're not going to be very high, despite what Atlus may be hoping. The pre-launch bonus is a very nice gift to fans, but I don't think it'll increase sales much among non-fans. I mean, if you're an average fighting game fan in North America, chances are good you haven't played much KOF. So a music bonus isn't going to be very appealing to them.

The topic of video game sales is interesting (for me), but a bit beyond the scope of this thread. But if you want to continue the metaphor with films, there are some blockbuster games and films that are expected to make all their sales in the first weekend. (i.e. Transformers or Call of Duty)

Other movies and games have a smaller budget behind them, and can't put as much money into advertising. Companies usually count on word of mouth to help make their product profitable. (i.e. any indie film, or KOF)

You said KOF's market is different from Capcom's. That is correct. But like LouisCipher pointed out, the real problem is there is no real "market" in the US for KOF. THAT has to change.
That is why, releasing the game with no competition on the genre, is the best scenario. That will guarentee attention from gamers who like the genre but don´t have anything new to play for the time being.
If there is nothing else on the market, they will try it. Some might even turn into fans and ditch their previous fighting game. But if the usual shit they like is on the market, why try something new? To make things worse Kof is anything but a user friendly game but lets save that for another discussion. Point is, if the usual KOF fans are the only ones who will get this...it will fail.
They need to make themselves a place in the market, and for that, they don´t need the support of the usual kof-ers, they already have that, they need new people.

I understand your argument. And just to clarify, I didn't say that Capcom's market. I said MvC3's market.

I know a lot of people enjoy MvC3, but I also know a lot of people don't care for it. To me, MvC3's gameplay is EXTREMELY different from KOF's. Are there gamers out there who enjoy both? Sure! (Any on DC by the way?) Are there many of them? I really doubt it.

There's probably more  overlap between SF or Blazblue fans and (potential) KOF fans. Just my impression.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 27, 2011, 07:50:18 AM »
To me, MvC3's gameplay is EXTREMELY different from KOF's. Are there gamers out there who enjoy both? Sure! (Any on DC by the way?) Are there many of them? I really doubt it.

Count me as one, I'm a Fighting Game Fan, I play all fighters and try to learn them all, at least to the level of understanding the game mechanism.

But yeah, MvC3 is MvC3, KOF is KOF, they play completely different.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 27, 2011, 07:59:11 AM »
To me, MvC3's gameplay is EXTREMELY different from KOF's. Are there gamers out there who enjoy both? Sure! (Any on DC by the way?) Are there many of them? I really doubt it.

Count me as one, I'm a Fighting Game Fan, I play all fighters and try to learn them all, at least to the level of understanding the game mechanism.

you should play better games

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 27, 2011, 08:03:38 AM »

Rating: Teen  

Content descriptors: Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence  

Rating summary: This is a 2D arcade-style fighting game in which players compete in one-on-one/three-on-three combat with a large international cast of selectable characters. Players mostly kick, punch, and use special abilities (e.g., fireballs, electricity, energy beams) to drain opponents' life meters; battles are highlighted by impact sounds, cries of pain, and colorful explosions as fighters are hurled across the screen. Some female characters are dressed in revealing outfits (e.g., thong bikinis) that reveal large amounts of cleavage and portions of their buttocks; their breasts sometimes jiggle during combat. The dialogue references alcohol and drunkenness (e.g., “I'm used to being around people when they're hammered” and “Mai and Yuri just can't hold their liquor very well . . .”), and one wobbly character drinks from a bottle during matches, using a “drunken master” fighting style. The words “a*s” and “bastard” appear in dialogue.  

Online Notice:
Includes online features that may expose players to unrated user-generated content (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=31615

Nude Raiden FTW.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 27, 2011, 08:17:02 AM »
you know i get cod selling millions, with virtually no improvement at all from a gameplay/mechanics perspective from sequel to sequel. it's still by prett much a long shot the best and ofcourse most popular fps out there for consoles. but how the fuck can such a shit franchise and shittastic movies like transformers do well? it's so fucking bad that anybody actually enjoying it imo is a fucking bleeeeeeeep. 1 was shit, just when you think it can't get any worse 2 is worse. let's not even get started bout the shitheap that's part 3, i could understand mentally handicapped people enjoying, but for anybody with an iq above 44?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 27, 2011, 08:24:05 AM »

I play everything, SF2HDRemix, SF3rd, SSF4AE, BlazBlueCS2, Tekken 6, VF5, KOF02UM, Guilty GearXXAC+, Arcana Heart 3, CvSNK 2, Soul Calibur 4, Dead Or Alive 4, Mortal Kombat 9, etc. I have like 50+ fighters and I keep buying them when I can.

I still waiting for these games to come out so I can buy them: UMvC3, SkullGirls, KOFXIII, Tekken Hybrid, SFxT, BBCSExtend, P4 Ultimate, DOA5 and any other that will get announced in the future.

But I'm not saying I'm an expert in any, but I think I can defend myself ok in all and be competitive in some of them.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:25:55 AM by DarKaoZ »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 27, 2011, 08:33:45 AM »

I play everything, SF2HDRemix, SF3rd, SSF4AE, BlazBlueCS2, Tekken 6, VF5, KOF02UM, Guilty GearXXAC+, Arcana Heart 3, CvSNK 2, Soul Calibur 4, Dead Or Alive 4, Mortal Kombat 9, etc. I have like 50+ fighters and I keep buying them when I can.

I still waiting for these games to come out so I can buy them: UMvC3, SkullGirls, KOFXIII, Tekken Hybrid, SFxT, BBCSExtend, P4 Ultimate, DOA5 and any other that will get announced in the future.

But I'm not saying I'm an expert in any, but I think I can defend myself ok in all and be competitive in some of them.
jesus christ you're no fun

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 27, 2011, 08:36:07 AM »

jesus christ you're no fun

I was just waiting for your reaction though. lol

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 27, 2011, 08:43:09 AM »
is anyone getting 96 tomorrow?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 27, 2011, 08:53:56 AM »

Hopefully I can get it tomorrow, if not I might get it next week. Just finished paying KOFXIII, meaning my spending cash is gone. =(

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 27, 2011, 09:00:28 AM »

Yes, but I won't be able to play until Tues late night/Weds morning ;(

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 27, 2011, 09:03:31 AM »
96 along with 94 are the worst kofs ever, might as well use that money on some quality shit. these games are sf2movie level bad. people could still enjoy it, doesn't mean it's not crap.

Dechimo

• New Challenger
  • KOF Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 27, 2011, 09:36:50 AM »

Yes, I have never play kof '96 so I might as well give it a try

PSN: kimkaphan

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #689 on: September 27, 2011, 12:51:22 PM »
96 along with 94 are the worst kofs ever, might as well use that money on some quality shit. these games are sf2movie level bad. people could still enjoy it, doesn't mean it's not crap.

No way dude, early KOF's are classics and are pretty playable.

2k1, now that's a terribad KOF. Or 2k3.