Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 367582 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #690 on: September 27, 2011, 01:14:18 PM »
96 along with 94 are the worst kofs ever, might as well use that money on some quality shit. these games are sf2movie level bad. people could still enjoy it, doesn't mean it's not crap.
thanks for your opinion brosef jones ill be sure to take it into consideration

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 27, 2011, 01:22:15 PM »
There's probably more  overlap between SF or Blazblue fans and (potential) KOF fans. Just my impression.
Maybe it's just selective memory, but I notice a lot of overlap between KOF fans and GG fans.  Makes some sense, though, since both series are offense-heavy, relatively high execution games where getting knocked down is a very bad thing.

is anyone getting 96 tomorrow?
My first KOF?  Yeah, I'll be getting it.
Old man/bad player

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 27, 2011, 02:30:18 PM »
BTW, someone has uploaded some pre-battle dialogues.

Not as good as in SVC Chaos....
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 27, 2011, 04:11:25 PM »
BTW, someone has uploaded some pre-battle dialogues.

Not as good as in SVC Chaos....

Goro's dialogue was slightly gay and disturbing

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 27, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
96 along with 94 are the worst kofs ever, might as well use that money on some quality shit. these games are sf2movie level bad. people could still enjoy it, doesn't mean it's not crap.

No way dude, early KOF's are classics and are pretty playable.

2k1, now that's a terribad KOF. Or 2k3.

yeah 95 is a great kof, 97 even better. i dont think there are kofs worse than 94 & 96, though 99 comes close. both 2k3 and especially 2k1 shit on 94/96 from a gameplay perspective. i know 96 is like one of the prettiest and best sounding kofs, but in the end gameplay > aesthetics. at least for me. to this day 96 is the only kof i returned after just a week of play (back in 96 neo cd).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 27, 2011, 05:20:26 PM »
I can't see nothing that bad with 96 gameplay, it was a strange mix from 95 and 97

From the orochi saga, is the last one that I want to play when I put some old KOF, but is far from a a really bad game, even though I could see mussolini point

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 27, 2011, 05:34:38 PM »
well ive never played 96 or  so could someone give me a few reasons on why they think 96 is good/bad

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 27, 2011, 05:56:18 PM »
well ive never played 96 or  so could someone give me a few reasons on why they think 96 is good/bad

96 is one of the best kof, they replace so many thing: (from Wiki) KOF '96 made a few slight changes to the gameplay of previous KOF games by introducing new techniques. The Dodge technique from the previous two game is replaced by an "emergency evasion" or "attack deflector" technique, which allows the player's character to roll away or towards the opponent. In the latter case, the player can have the ability to roll towards the opponent and end up at the other side. The player can also determine the height of their jump and perform small or high jumps. Additionally, the graphics for all the character sprites from the previous games were redrawn and the commands for certain Special and Super moves were changed from previous games. Like in the previous, Super Special Moves can be performed when the Power Gauge is filled up or when the player's life gauge is flashing red. However, the player can also perform a more powerful version of their regular Super move if both conditions are met (the player has low energy and Maximum level power gauge).

everything that is regular in KOF now was introduce in 96... 
Xbox live: Chipymax

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 27, 2011, 06:02:51 PM »

96 is one of the best kof, they replace so many thing: (from Wiki) KOF '96 made a few slight changes to the gameplay of previous KOF games by introducing new techniques. The Dodge technique from the previous two game is replaced by an "emergency evasion" or "attack deflector" technique, which allows the player's character to roll away or towards the opponent. In the latter case, the player can have the ability to roll towards the opponent and end up at the other side. The player can also determine the height of their jump and perform small or high jumps. Additionally, the graphics for all the character sprites from the previous games were redrawn and the commands for certain Special and Super moves were changed from previous games. Like in the previous, Super Special Moves can be performed when the Power Gauge is filled up or when the player's life gauge is flashing red. However, the player can also perform a more powerful version of their regular Super move if both conditions are met (the player has low energy and Maximum level power gauge).

everything that is regular in KOF now was introduce in 96... 
ok so thats the good so whats the bad

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 27, 2011, 06:03:47 PM »
I hope there's an option to turn these off

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 27, 2011, 06:08:12 PM »
your comment makes it look like your reading it from a booklet, you havent said anything about what actually makes or breaks the game.

96 was the first to get a graphic overhaul to make it look like it did all the way up to kof xii, the aesthethics are one of the best ever in a kof,the music, backgrounds, characters all dope. now the bad.

the game is broken hardcore.

the characters are broken.

shitty balance.

retarded ass infinites.

no command normals.

cant combo into dm's because of no superfreeze and slow dm's.

half assed characters, especially the newer entries.

boring gameplay because of half assed characters that where way more fleshed out in 95. and to top it off, 95 > 96.

theres way more bad aspects than there are good aspects in 96 when it comes to gameplay. i dont think anybody that has played kof since it started likes 96 because it fails from the core, the gameplay. theres still people playing 95 and even 97,theres a reason people dont touch the shitpile called 96. its actually a shame if you look at how good the fucking game looks and sounds, damn shame snk didnt have the time to make 96 like 97, a damn shame indeed.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #701 on: September 27, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »
Regarding Terry's intros:

Heh heh, Chin directly referenced one of the Fatal Fury OVA's with his lines to Terry.
Aww, Athena finds Terry "Stimulating"!
Fathering tips drom Daddy Maxima!
Hw, Hwo, HwWhat?
Kula's corner combos will keep her from EVER having to worry about Calories.
Terrry knows all about seductive blondes, you see. Geeze, Team Yagami has no respect for him at all, lol. Terry's used to scary women! "I like how they fight!" ;)
"How can you be a legend? You haven't even been fighting for 20 years!"

I liked SVC's goofy range of emotions more, but these feel like they're of a higher quality, and really have a nice "voice" to them. And it feels so "SNK" in general, probably especially since it's Terry! As much as everything in this gaming world has loss that oldschool, fun, arcadey feel, I'm continually glad SNKP seems to have it perfectly on tap.

Speaking of Arcade, It's pretty rare that SNKP's XBLA games go on sale. But Trouble Witches Neo is on sale for 400pts ($5, 50% off) this week! I thought it a really fantastic little shooter, with a great enough difference in modes, characters, difficulty, and powerup strategy to even be fun and enjoyable to people who might not enjoy all the crazy bullet-hell shooters that are produced now-a-days.  

And it has an utterly frightening attempt at an english dub (dual audio was a nice, welcome treat, too. Game is fully voiced for it's story and arcade modes), which is really worth it for the comedy value...

I hope there's an option to turn these off

They're arcade mode only. There's probably no option to turn them off for that mode, as they're part of the reason why the mode exist anyway...

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 27, 2011, 06:42:09 PM »
man after dope shooters like pulstar, blazingstar, strikers 1945+ etc trouble witches is kinda meh. it might  just be worth the 5 bucks, just barely.

speaking of shooters, i played the latest cave shooter on 360 and it fucking sucked. deathsmiles fucking blows, what a shit game. to make it worse, cave has some of the best chooters ever made: dodonpachi series, espgaluda series, mushihimesame, pro gear & ibara. names dont mean shit nowadays it seems. i remember back in the days when square automatically meant great rpg's, lol long gone.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 27, 2011, 06:53:04 PM »
Couldn't half of those arguments being applied to almost all of the orochi saga games?

And about the DM's, some characters can combo them, but require crossups lol, still, the game doesn't need DM, since the damage scaling is almost as bad as 94 and 95

Waifu Material

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 27, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »
Basically what the others said.  It introduced stuff like SDMs, Kyo's rekkas, Iori's canopener grab, guard cancel rolls, etc.  On the flip side, it had a lot of balance issues.  If I'm not mistaken, you should be prepared to see a lot of Iori and Leona *laughs*

I treat it like I treat HnK.  It's not really suitable for serious play, but as something that's fun to play just for fun (and nostalgia, in my case), it works.
Old man/bad player