Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364660 times)

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #735 on: September 28, 2011, 02:24:22 AM »
And what does this do to the game's Status at NEC?  Now the console version of the game will be out for only a grand total of 2 weeks prior to NEC.

There better be a really good reason for this delay, which I would believe there is, and it's only a slight delay, but it's risky to go for it in November.
I would assume that it'll still be on for NEC, since it's hardly the first time a console port has been out for only 2 weeks prior to being featured at a major US tournament (BBCS2 at Revelations, MvC3 at Winter Brawl...digging deeper into the past, I think GGAC was also a last minute change at its first EVO).  Of course, the NEC staff has the final word, but for the moment, as someone who wants to go to NEC primarily for KOF, I'm not getting concerned about it.
Old man/bad player

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 28, 2011, 02:37:41 AM »
I think it'll be well-repped at NEC. People have *ahem* other ways of getting used to the mechanics of the game and learning combos before release. The only thing they'd have to learn are the new characters and get used to the changes. I'm curious to see some high level Raiden action without relying on the Drop kick TOD.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 28, 2011, 02:45:43 AM »
I think it'll be well-repped at NEC. People have *ahem* other ways of getting used to the mechanics of the game and learning combos before release. The only thing they'd have to learn are the new characters and get used to the changes. I'm curious to see some high level Raiden action without relying on the Drop kick TOD.

^ I remember seen some good Japanese Raiden not using the drop kick. Raiden is powerful without the Drop Kick, but the DK just made him incredibly broken. But the reason I haven't watched many Arcade videos is because Raiden is still been used with the DK. It's more fun to watch the console version videos, with long loadtimes and all, at least you see more variety of characters in them.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 28, 2011, 02:55:25 AM »
I'm curious to see some high level Raiden action without relying on the Drop kick TOD.

Wait until I get the game. I am gonna be kicking some serious ass with him.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 28, 2011, 03:04:08 AM »
Well this just means I'll have to decide on my point character sooner rather than later as I probably won't have too much time to flip flop.

Hmm...Shen, Kensou or Duo Lon?  Decisions...decisions.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Flowtaro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 28, 2011, 04:40:20 AM »
Have you even played KOF XIII? Because that's not the case at all...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 28, 2011, 05:33:21 AM »
And what does this do to the game's Status at NEC?  Now the console version of the game will be out for only a grand total of 2 weeks prior to NEC.

I dunno about NEC but I personally emailed Alex Valle, Tournament Director LevelUp and SCR, which is only one week after NEC (12/17) and he said it's not going to be a problem.  Of course SCR is a community, *ahem* Dreamcancel, run console event so I'm guessing it's more flexible.

lol, raiden is top tier without dk.

I dunno about top 6, but he'd probably be around Shen/Iori's level w/out the DK shenanigans.

EDIT: Moved the dropkick Raiden talk to the gameplay thread.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:52:21 PM by Kane317 »

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 28, 2011, 12:19:34 PM »
Well, I sent a mail to RSG last week, asking about the release date.

Got this yesterday:
Quote from:
Hi,

Thank you for your kind comments and pre-ordering THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII.

We haven't announced a specific release date yet - we intend to do so this week.  It will be November, but I can't give you a specific date today, sorry!

I hope you enjoy the game and the soundtrack CDs.

Doesn't say much though. But we should get a release date from them this week at least.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:21:07 PM by Grokbu »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 28, 2011, 02:47:07 PM »
Well, I sent a mail to RSG last week, asking about the release date.

Got this yesterday:
Quote from:
Hi,

Thank you for your kind comments and pre-ordering THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII.

We haven't announced a specific release date yet - we intend to do so this week.  It will be November, but I can't give you a specific date today, sorry!

I hope you enjoy the game and the soundtrack CDs.

Doesn't say much though. But we should get a release date from them this week at least.

Amazon.co.uk has changed release date for November 25th
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 28, 2011, 02:57:24 PM »
for the people complaining about mvc3u stealing kofs money, i think other games have way more priority. but iirc arant bf3, mw3, uc3 and other huge class A titles coming out in november? i think mvc3u is the last thing snkp hasto worry about.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 28, 2011, 03:31:32 PM »
for the people complaining about mvc3u stealing kofs money, i think other games have way more priority. but iirc arant bf3, mw3, uc3 and other huge class A titles coming out in november? i think mvc3u is the last thing snkp hasto worry about.
bf3 comes out late next month but everything else is in november an your right i think even capcom is gonna get a slight drop in sales because of all the big stuff coming out in november

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 28, 2011, 03:39:45 PM »
my lil bro is a fps freak, so well be getting mw3. ill be getting xiii obviously. now the problem is uc3, i really digged2and bought it with my ps3, i think i wanna get that one as well but probably later on. its not even aoutthe money, its just cause of time. i still have to finish yakuza 3, demon souls, valkyria chronicles and some other titles. kof it is for me. i seriosly hope umvc3 fails hard, maybe that way capcom can add more than 5 pallette swaps next time.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 28, 2011, 03:44:10 PM »
my lil bro is a fps freak, so well be getting mw3. ill be getting xiii obviously. now the problem is uc3, i really digged2and bought it with my ps3, i think i wanna get that one as well but probably later on. its not even aoutthe money, its just cause of time. i still have to finish yakuza 3, demon souls, valkyria chronicles and some other titles. kof it is for me. i seriosly hope umvc3 fails hard, maybe that way capcom can add more than 5 pallette swaps next time.
asking a capcom fighting game to fail hard is like asking a kleptomaniac to not steal shit  

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 28, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »
a lot of capcom games did fail hard (lost planet). its juts that their fighters are doing too good since sf4 when the games are pretty meh. i can understand people buying mvc3 because its new, but buying an update with 5 extra characters? fuck that shit. they lucky most of their fans haveno standards at all, let alone high standards. man waiting for xiii is gonna be hard, i was hyping myself down saying only 1 more month, aaah, fuck man. i think ill order gt5 to keep myself busy till xiii, i cant stand playing super turtle fighter 4 anymore. all these people always running away like bitches, i need characters that can run after these bitches as fast as them. i can actually play a mean zoning and poking game, but hat style of play is so 1992 that it sucks. i though we where past the sonic boom crouching hp fase till crappy cum came with sf4 series again. in 20 years when sf6 comes out it will play like sf2 again after an evolution that is sf5.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 28, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »
BF3 comes out...

October 25. Doesn't that sound familiar.