Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364892 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #795 on: September 29, 2011, 04:18:51 AM »
The one way ore another trailer is actually really bad, doesn't showcase nothing special about the game, looks half assed, and the music doesn't fit in any way the game

I like Atlus trailers

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 29, 2011, 04:28:43 AM »
Some of the trailers were nice, but I can´t stand the Sousai one. It looks retarted imo. Sorry, but I don´t like what they did, KOF doesn´t go with some cute pop song. KOF is supposed to be bad-ass.
Anyway, at least we will have an update on KOF´s blog soon with something and I really hope there's some direct feed videos from Paris Manga but I seriously doubt that will happen.

i think the song went well with the point it was trying to get across

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 29, 2011, 04:34:06 AM »
Only if the video was only Ash and Benimaru fighting

Rather than not fitting with the point, the problem is that doesn't fit at all with KOF at all, if for example one day they make a video about mai chasing andy using that song, showing all their history in old games, it could actually fit

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 29, 2011, 04:53:46 AM »
Only if the video was only Ash and Benimaru fighting

Rather than not fitting with the point, the problem is that doesn't fit at all with KOF at all, if for example one day they make a video about mai chasing andy using that song, showing all their history in old games, it could actually fit
yes i understand that the song didn't fit KoF as a whole and im sure that they knew that rather they used it for the main idea of the trailer instead

and i think any run of the mill fan could make that mai and andy video

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #799 on: September 29, 2011, 05:04:46 AM »
Some of the trailers were nice, but I can´t stand the Sousai one. It looks retarted imo. Sorry, but I don´t like what they did, KOF doesn´t go with some cute pop song. KOF is supposed to be bad-ass.

You guys miss the point of the marketing entirely! Lets see what that little ad says, to someone who doesn't care about KoF:

-- They know the music has nothing to do with KoF. It's a common song. It's something to hum, and they understand the message it's trying to give, easily. No deciphering needed. Now, when they hear this song, KoF might come up in their head. Nice "viral" style marketing.

-- The Video is all about the "Deadlock" function. It's about a new feature to KoF; Clashing attacks, fighting through blows, to actually reach the opponent with something damaging. It's a focused video on a fresh gameplay element, not overbearingly technical, but not so simple that you feel as if you're being spoken to as a school child.

-- Since it's such a common song, it gets this wonky looking VERY Japanese game closer to them, in a way that seems kinda familiar and comforting. As much as WE might think Arashi No Saxaphone mixes with KoF, Joey Average Gamer doesn't get it. They kinda get this, though!

-- The song is a bit old, too. Just like most of the people who'd appreciate the graphics of KoF. It's a fairly clear call-out to a demographic that has the disposable income to buy something on a whim. These guys don't need to be heavily convinced, just 1 thing to say "Hey, that's cool!", and you've got em.

-- Oh, and it's a bit controversial. A bit of controversy over a fighter is a GOOD thing. It's different enough to make people talk, but not something too far off from the games character.

It's something made with the same kinda idea Pixar uses to sell their Advanced-graphics CG moves, to all age audiences. They choose these classic, old-world songs, that ease Techno-scared parents into seeing these "cutting edge" movies with their kids, while also choosing very timeless pieces, that a youth won't feel too strange about hearing.

It'd be interesting to see what kind of effect similiar marketing would have, now that KoF XIII is due to be a universally solid game. Just about every big-seller game out there, links itself to something familiar and usual, to attempt to gain viral popularity. What kind of new people would be exposed to KoF, if Atlus did such a thing, I wonder...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 29, 2011, 05:09:42 AM »
I think they should make a trailer that out right bashes Capcom. Something along the lines of:

If you're sick of easy mode, Ultra's, and X-Factor-induced retarded Comeback Mechanics.

If you want to play a game with characters fans actually want (Insert Rocket Raccoon pic).

If you want a game that takes actual skill.

If you want a game that has good netcode (hopefully).

And if you want a game that will make you instant friends with all of the Mexicans in town.

Then look no further...

(Splash of hype gameplay moments, music, etc).
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 29, 2011, 05:15:22 AM »
I think they should make a trailer that out right bashes Capcom. Something along the lines of:

If you're sick of easy mode, Ultra's, and X-Factor-induced retarded Comeback Mechanics.

If you want to play a game with characters fans actually want (Insert Rocket Raccoon pic).

And if you want a game that will make you instant friends with all of the Mexicans in town.

Then look no further...

LOL

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #802 on: September 29, 2011, 05:17:51 AM »
It that was done with the same campy, 80s/90s gaming spirit as the Super Meat Boy "80s" trailer, I'd laugh.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 29, 2011, 05:19:52 AM »

Then look no further...

That's all well and good (though the Mexican comment might be pushing it obviously, what about the Koreans, are they not good enough for you?) but bashing other companies and series doesn't tend to work as well as you might think.

I mean, NRS tried to call out Capcom on their netcode...and then they proceeded to release an even worse one.

As much as it can hype your game, if you mess up it can backfire and make you even more hated than the company you tried to throw under the bus.  Being the bigger company and letting your game speak for itself does volumes more than just going out and talking shit.

Besides...do you really want this to degenerate into what that stupid BF3/MW3 bullshit has become?  Let's keep this crap classy if at all possible (very unlikely considering gamers have a short fuse and can't go a second without talking crap about something else to hide their insecurities).

On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 29, 2011, 05:23:25 AM »
well battlefield is better than calla dooty

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 29, 2011, 05:26:53 AM »

Then look no further...

Hmm... it would be kinda fun doing something like this. Maybe having Gunsmith doing the talking would make it more funny. lol

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 29, 2011, 05:29:12 AM »

Oh please don't start, don't even joke about it...I'm in a foul enough mood...my head...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 29, 2011, 05:32:12 AM »
''If you actually wanna get laid... don't play kof, will not work either''

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 29, 2011, 05:37:45 AM »

Oh please don't start, don't even joke about it...I'm in a foul enough mood...my head...
you knows it's true

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 29, 2011, 05:57:46 AM »
I never liked the "let's show how awsome KOF is by bashing SF/Capcom" mentality, seriously it only makes things worse to my eyes.
And not only about this case, but with videogames in general too.