Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364734 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #810 on: September 29, 2011, 06:05:19 AM »
well battlefield is better than calla dooty

Oh please don't start, don't even joke about it...I'm in a foul enough mood...my head...
you knows it's true

They're both generic FPS games so honestly, my caring level is really low.  The arguments just annoy me though.

Anyway back on topic...uh...crap...can't think of anything.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 29, 2011, 06:15:58 AM »
well battlefield is better than calla dooty

Oh please don't start, don't even joke about it...I'm in a foul enough mood...my head...
you knows it's true

They're both generic FPS games so honestly, my caring level is really low.  The arguments just annoy me though.

Anyway back on topic...uh...crap...can't think of anything.
yes it's so easy to call anything generic these days isn't it

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 29, 2011, 06:24:41 AM »

Uh, yeah, 20 years of gaming history to look at makes it really easy to know when something's generic or not.

Now for actual KOFXIII business, I'm wondering how Kensou's buffs will treat him in the overall scheme of things within the game.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 29, 2011, 06:31:14 AM »

Uh, yeah, 20 years of gaming history to look at makes it really easy to know when something's generic or not.

Now for actual KOFXIII business, I'm wondering how Kensou's buffs will treat him in the overall scheme of things within the game.

The funny thing is, right before we went to Evo we were asking ourselves, "what can they add to Kensou to make people want to play him."  I remember specifically replying, "give him back his unblockable throw".  Well it's a DM and not a special, but same thing.  He's going to be more used now, that's for damn sure.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 29, 2011, 06:33:50 AM »

The funny thing is, right before we went to Evo we were asking ourselves, "what can they add to Kensou to make people want to play him."  I remember specifically replying, "give him back his unblockable throw".  Well it's a DM and not a special, but same thing.  He's going to be more used now, that's for damn sure.

Well I am considering him as my point in my ???/King/Hwa Jai team.

It's either him, Duo Lon, or Shen.  Only reason Shen's really on my list is the fact that I'm terrible with Rekka characters...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 29, 2011, 06:36:26 AM »
Overall, I feel the all the characters could be widely used, except goro, I don't know why people don't like him that much, even clark is more used where I live

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 29, 2011, 06:38:02 AM »

well this is great ive been trying to learn as much as i could about kensou but he was hardly ever used and when he was he didn't last more than a few seconds and to be honest i hope a lot of people get used more cause i really dont want this game to turn out to be another high tier spam fest

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 29, 2011, 06:52:10 AM »

well this is great ive been trying to learn as much as i could about kensou but he was hardly ever used and when he was he didn't last more than a few seconds and to be honest i hope a lot of people get used more cause i really dont want this game to turn out to be another high tier spam fest

Idk how it could be like Arcade too much.  I mean K' now needs meter a bit more to do things, Raiden's actually have to know how to use the character sans DK, Liz can't sneeze into as much damage as before (also doesn't build meter as fast), and Andy...uh...hey, what DID happen to Andy?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 29, 2011, 06:54:07 AM »

Idk how it could be like Arcade too much.  I mean K' now needs meter a bit more to do things, Raiden's actually have to know how to use the character sans DK, Liz can't sneeze into as much damage as before (also doesn't build meter as fast), and Andy...uh...hey, what DID happen to Andy?
well lets just hope i usually try to learn what i can and its rather hard to learn if 95% of the good people playing are using the people you already know or dont use

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 29, 2011, 07:03:18 AM »

Andy turned into Piccolo and everyone knows that in DBZ Piccolo does shit damage.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 29, 2011, 07:05:58 AM »

Andy turned into Piccolo and everyone knows that in DBZ Piccolo does shit damage.

Piccolo gets more seesaw buffs and nerfs than Street Fighter 2.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 29, 2011, 07:25:14 AM »
I hope Kensou is good since every time someone asks whether you can you zone in KOF people point to Kensou. I always felt that good balance in games came from balancing lame vs rushdown tactics rather than individual characters.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #822 on: September 29, 2011, 07:40:16 AM »
I never liked the "let's show how awsome KOF is by bashing SF/Capcom" mentality, seriously it only makes things worse to my eyes.
And not only about this case, but with videogames in general too.

I think we should show how awesome KOF is, by just playing it and trying to improve. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 29, 2011, 08:46:12 AM »
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/

Blog Updated & Translation by Toxico, that was fast!

It's actually "that day of the week", Blog Update.

I'm half sleep, half sick, half starving, half rest deprived, I have to replace some light tubes on the house and something is dancing in my eye. In other words it's a half interested half worked one, should be less clear than google translate translation

Mision second part

Even after the announcement of the delay, we are still here to give information about the game you have waiting for.

This has been mentioned before, but now let's take the chance and go more indepth with the trail mode.

Let's proceed with Yamamoto P. There are even video demonstrations for us to observe!

Yamamoto P : The previous talk about Trial was nothing but a brief description, now let's look at this more indepthly, first let's go with the pause menu.

They are quite easy to understand, on the side of the player we have the following instructions :
[NEXT] moves to the next trial
[BACK] moves to the previous trial
[DEMO PLAY] gives a demonstration of the current trial
[TRIAL LIST] Shows the "recipe" of the currently selected trial.
[TRIAL MENU] Shows all trials available.

The TRIAL LIST shows for about four areas that can be filled with a combo? what are those?

Yamamoto P : Normally one will suffice, but with later trials a bigger size it's needed to show the full combo, later we'll see an example.

Trial mode can be challenged from any level that the player might choose without needing to clear the previous ones. Quick on their hand players might enjoy challenging the high level trials from the get go.

Previously it was mentioned that one might cheat a little within these trials, what was that comment about?

Yamamoto P : One might include extra parts to the combo as long as it does fulfill the written conditions, for example Takuma; crouching B x 3, crouching A, Ryuuko Ranbu.

The issue....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KLckL4MGUT0

As seen in the previous video, the "recipe" for the combo was not followed correctly.
[crouching B x 3, EX Hienshipuu Kyaku, Crouching A, EX Zanretsuken, EX 極限崩撃 , Ryuuko Ranbu.

It becomes clear that as long as you keep the main content of the combo, you might even go into HD in the middle of it.

So, people with good hand might be able to transform a short combo into a long one.

Yamamoto P : Exactly, even if the time to fulfill a trial is not that much, thus I would like to see how long of a combo can players challenge themselves to create.
A useful feature is that if one presses SELECT + Shoulder Buttons the characters return to their initial position.

Why don't we see one of those mentioned long combos?

Yamamoto P : Okay. Now, why don't we take a look at one of the actual advanced combos that can be found in the mode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I31Xe43eiHc

This was Kyo Lvl 9.

Looks long and likely difficult.
If this is level 9, then there is an actual combo remaining that is effectively higher in difficulty.

Yamamoto P : Yes, Level 10 basically involves a MAXCANCEL in a long combo and might inevitably become something difficult. When trying to clear all of the trials for the characters we expect you to have a pretty hard time to the point when you want to call it quits several times.

So as to clear them, there is no other way than to practice!
In my case I even feel that it might be necessary to get some stringed fingers.

Give it your all to clear them, people! not only on Kyo's Level 9 but on all of the trials in there.

Thus, until the next time.

Fun fact, I needed a dictionary to read and write recipe... In all languages involved

EDIT: Added the videos and pictures
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:53:57 AM by DarKaoZ »

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 29, 2011, 09:03:14 AM »
Wow, this is fast! No place for my presentation and seems my cap can stay on my head for a little bit longer ;)
I think I will use this mode to practice my combo, it should help me a lot in fighting games^^
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is