Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364645 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #885 on: October 01, 2011, 02:57:53 AM »
The reason I ask is because I'm typically very horrible at consistent Rekka finishes.

I can't consistently finish Rekka chains when it counts and it annoys the hell out of me.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 01, 2011, 03:44:47 AM »
I moved the rekka question to the gameplay discussion.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 01, 2011, 10:17:33 PM »
Any news/info from this Gamefest in Spain? In the site it says it started this September 29th AKA yesterday.
Nothing new so far. Some comments I read: PS3 version. You can unlock Billy. The game has large loading times, because is not installed on hard drive. Spanish dialogues, graphics look very nice, it moves smoothly, etc. Things like that, mostly coming from non kof players who saw/tried the game. All positive feedbacks, I think, except for loading times  :)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 01, 2011, 11:14:23 PM »
I still don't get why RSG or atlus for the matter don't install the games on the PS3

Is like this were a big joke between altus, SNKP and RSG to see who can piss off more users here while at the same time, driving away potential buyers

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 02, 2011, 12:04:38 AM »
I still don't get why RSG or atlus for the matter don't install the games on the PS3

Is like this were a big joke between altus, SNKP and RSG to see who can piss off more users here while at the same time, driving away potential buyers
does KoF have a optional install? cause i dont think hardly any ps3 games do that anymore

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #890 on: October 02, 2011, 12:50:04 AM »

It's not that it's an unusual situation; it's just the fact that this 2D game is being shown on systems and demo units that usually do 2D stuff.

But the amount of RAM (or existance of a Hard drive) seems to be rare for these dev consoles. And most other games (like BB) would have 3D background, or a single set of characters loaded into memory, so memory wouldn't be such an issue.

It would have been nice if everyone would just install their games, of make rough "retail" builds, for install on consumer-grade consoles... But I guess if they went THAT far, they might as well have released a public downloadable demo, too.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 02, 2011, 01:02:50 AM »
I didn't know that sab-ca, is interesting to hear.

The other day I went to a EA party that was held here, the producers from NFS THE RUN and BF3 were here and I when I saw the PS3 for the demos, I noticed that they had the design of the old PS3 and there was a written a PS3 test, NFS looked with bad textures and I assumed that it was a really early build, but maybe the ram could had something to say

Waifu Material

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 02, 2011, 01:12:45 AM »
Just speculating here, but I suspect the load times are partly the cause of the game's delay.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 02, 2011, 01:19:07 AM »
I didn't know that sab-ca, is interesting to hear.

The other day I went to a EA party that was held here, the producers from NFS THE RUN and BF3 were here and I when I saw the PS3 for the demos, I noticed that they had the design of the old PS3 and there was a written a PS3 test, NFS looked with bad textures and I assumed that it was a really early build, but maybe the ram could had something to say

You mean NFS: Cutscene/QTE edition?  I kid I kid (...somewhat, though I'll probably give it a rent) but yeah, it's hard to judge quality off of builds completely because random things can happen within them for various reasons.

And I doubt the Load Times are reason for the delay just because they've known about the Load Times being meh outside of being installed.  It would be weird for them to struggle with them that much to have to push the game to a more inopportune time.

Now, it could just be a thing where they had another problem, and while it's in development for a little longer, meh, might as well optimize the load times a bit better.  We won't know unless someone on the development side wants to fill us in.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 02, 2011, 01:20:53 AM »
I come back to find that this game got delayed. Awww I was really expecting to have this by October. Oh well, hopefully things are getting addressed yes? Man Thanksgiving is going to be epic, Sonic Generations & KOF not bad.
You're too slow!!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 02, 2011, 01:23:03 AM »
I don't think that load times is the problem either, must be another reason.

Still I'm the only one who hated XII load times? they sometimes were a bit longer and even the pause screen got a annying delay before appearing, that game was really rushed

and semi ot, but about NFS: the run I didn't know nothing about the game until that day, but I played it and is awesome, the driving is cool and the QTE are well implemented since are not that intrusive

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 02, 2011, 01:31:51 AM »

Still I'm the only one who hated XII load times? they sometimes were a bit longer and even the pause screen got a annying delay before appearing, that game was really rushed

and semi ot, but about NFS: the run I didn't know nothing about the game until that day, but I played it and is awesome, the driving is cool and the QTE are well implemented since are not that intrusive

The last time I played XII was on my 18th B-Day at my cousin's house (for reference, almost 2 years ago), so forgive me if my memory of its load times are really...fuzzy.  Only thing I can remember (other than boredom) was mashing to get a good Kyo combo into Orochinagi (I still don't know how I did it).

Also, good for NFS, do you think it's worth a rent or a buy?  Haven't owned a NFS game since Underground 2 (I'm still mad I couldn't find that one damn shop to get 100% shop completion...GAH).

Oh and Freerunner, where have you been the past week or so to not hear about it?  And yes, Sonic Generations will add to the epicness (The latest Dreamcast Era trailer was pretty beast).

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 02, 2011, 01:36:44 AM »

The last time I played XII was on my 18th B-Day at my cousin's house (for reference, almost 2 years ago), so forgive me if my memory of its load times are really...fuzzy.  Only thing I can remember (other than boredom) was mashing to get a good Kyo combo into Orochinagi (I still don't know how I did it).

Also, good for NFS, do you think it's worth a rent or a buy?  Haven't owned a NFS game since Underground 2 (I'm still mad I couldn't find that one damn shop to get 100% shop completion...GAH).

Oh and Freerunner, where have you been the past week or so to not hear about it?  And yes, Sonic Generations will add to the epicness (The latest Dreamcast Era trailer was pretty beast).
OT: pretty much all NFS games have been assbutt since underground 2 if you want a racing game id play forza 4 (assuming you have a xbox)

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 02, 2011, 01:47:35 AM »

Job searching XD.
You're too slow!!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 02, 2011, 01:53:27 AM »

OT: pretty much all NFS games have been assbutt since underground 2 if you want a racing game id play forza 4 (assuming you have a xbox)

I'm not really a big Racing game fan, the Undergrounds are the ONLY Racing games I've ever owned because of that...

And Freerunner, I feel your pain.