Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364651 times)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #945 on: October 04, 2011, 08:06:48 AM »
If the online is good, this will be the first of many online tournaments through Dream Cancel!
It seems Atlus has put a lot of effort into it so I don't think you need to worry about it.
Let's think about if we actually going to have an online tournament, how is it going to be. I mean, how can the host (or how ever you call it) control the tournament when he's not personally in there?

well both consoles do have chat rooms so thats one way of doing it and another is on a web site such as dream cancel and uhhhh thats all i can think of it maybe pretty hectic

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 04, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »
I'll actually be handling everything through Dream Cancel's tool bar chat. Please rest assured that I have everything well thought out. Just make sure you read everything I made in the first post of the topic I made in the tournaments section. Everything you need to know is there. But if you have questions I'll answer them there too.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 04, 2011, 03:01:29 PM »
I never understood why people organize a tournament at a game's launch... no one knows how to play. unless they ... did that, and not all did it.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 04, 2011, 03:14:46 PM »
I don't think it's a big deal in this case.  For the most part, people who've played the older KOFs (aside from XII, I guess) will have a general idea of how to play XIII.  Sure, people who've had access to the arcade version will have an advantage, but you're never going to have everyone entering with the same amount of previous experience, so whatever.
Old man/bad player

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 04, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »
It's just for fun, not like every single tournament has to be competitive

Is a good kick out for the release of a long awaited game

Plus, lots of guys here already had played 1.1, so isn't that weird

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 04, 2011, 03:55:26 PM »
for the people who been playing kof since the past, XIII is piss easy to play. like 2 rounds to get used to the piss easy controls compared to 94 and your set to go. add the fact that a LOT of characters can be used same way as older versions cept with EX moves, DC & HD mode. its basically the same game as 98/02 but upgraded, thus easy as hell to get into for most of us. if you where good in older kofs youll be able to play anybody in XIII.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 04, 2011, 09:12:12 PM »
It's weird, at least for me and some friends, XIII is hard to play in the sense that we don't know which character pick because lots of them felt different than their older versions from one way or another

Personally, I just can pick andy without  a doubt

Waifu Material

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #952 on: October 05, 2011, 04:36:14 AM »
it took me a good 2 matches to get used to XIII i was playing XII for a good while but you can always use XII for the basics then go back to the older KOFs

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 05, 2011, 07:59:39 AM »
Well you know, it always take some time to get used to a new system, and XIII has change a lot than other KOF, so I don't think you have to worry about taking time to practice (I practice a lot but still don't get used to fighting game yet). It is always fun to join a tournament since you don't get to lost anything if you lose or gain anything if you win. It is all about having fun and spend some time with those who also love KOF. I would join if I am strong, but I think I better don't show up to get laughed at...
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 05, 2011, 08:30:57 AM »

Well the game comes out Nov.22 and the tourny will be on Dec.3rd so i think that gives us plenty of time to get used to the game, i hope to see a lot of players join in you know the more the better, plus is just for kicks.

I dont think anyone will be laughed at cuz we'll all still be getting used to the game so jump in and have a good time i know i will.

I really like to see a lot of players get in for a couple of reasons, the more players we have the better the tourny, and most importantly i see there's a lot of players here that can talk the KOF talk but i really wonder if they can walk   
 the KOF walk, lots of people here sound like they know what they're talking about you know they have this KOF lingo but can they fight, seeing them get down in the tourny should give us an idea at least.

I hope a lot of you join in and that you can actually fight and are not just talk cuz in the end the fight is what KOF is ultimately about.    
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:38:53 AM by zyn-cobra22 »
Xboxlive gamertag ZYN-COBRA22     I can survive anything even nukes........

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 05, 2011, 04:51:31 PM »
lol i hadn't played kof competitively for 10 years, as soon as i touched 13 i could play it well enough in like 2 rounds. and this was the shitty emu version with shitty controls even when using that xpadder bs. this game is almost kof XI easy to get into with the controls and timing precision. getting back in 98 or 02 would be harder just because of the unforgivable controls. and 98 already had great and easy controls compared to games like 94. in essense this is still 98/02 but with almost XI easy controls. if there's a kof thats the easiest to get into of all kof, it's XIII by mile.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #956 on: October 05, 2011, 05:09:47 PM »
I would join if I am strong, but I think I better don't show up to get laughed at...

You can't get strong if you don't try and play.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 06, 2011, 02:14:15 AM »
NeoMax discussion moved to the Gameplay thread.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 06, 2011, 05:19:05 AM »
I would join if I am strong, but I think I better don't show up to get laughed at...

You can't get strong if you don't try and play.

Oh, I am playing Garou with omegaryuji. He is a super nice man and he taught me a lot.
If it is Garou, then I think I might join since I have some ideas what the system is going to be. However, not XIII. No, not at all. I can't fight over all those strong people. I don't think I can last for over 30 seconds! (I mean all three characters, not only one round)
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is