Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364693 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #960 on: October 06, 2011, 05:36:02 AM »
I would join if I am strong, but I think I better don't show up to get laughed at...

You can't get strong if you don't try and play.

Oh, I am playing Garou with omegaryuji. He is a super nice man and he taught me a lot.
If it is Garou, then I think I might join since I have some ideas what the system is going to be. However, not XIII. No, not at all. I can't fight over all those strong people. I don't think I can last for over 30 seconds! (I mean all three characters, not only one round)

Your best training for XIII should be KOF2002UM. If you can get your hand on it, that should be enough. If not try KOF2002, that can help too IMO.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #961 on: October 06, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
I would join if I am strong, but I think I better don't show up to get laughed at...

Don't worry.I am sure they will delay this again for next year.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #962 on: October 06, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
However, not XIII. No, not at all. I can't fight over all those strong people. I don't think I can last for over 30 seconds! (I mean all three characters, not only one round)

You're not supposed too, you're a new player. You're supposed to play and learn. Then with time you will last longer against players...
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 06, 2011, 04:48:41 PM »
Yep, everybody pass through that process, if you want to take your time to learn from your defeat and move on, you will be fine

Waifu Material

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 06, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »
Oh, I am playing Garou with omegaryuji. He is a super nice man and he taught me a lot.
If it is Garou, then I think I might join since I have some ideas what the system is going to be. However, not XIII. No, not at all. I can't fight over all those strong people. I don't think I can last for over 30 seconds! (I mean all three characters, not only one round)
Yeah, like the others said, don't try to hide because you're new.  Play some, learn what you can (either from what you noticed or from asking other players for help), practice, play more, etc.  Not playing against people isn't going to help you get better.  Everyone goes through a ton of really bad losses when they're new to playing.
Old man/bad player

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #965 on: October 06, 2011, 05:37:07 PM »

Haha! Don't think like that. When XIII first came out in my local scene, the very first opponents I had were all pros. Contrary to what you might think, it was actually very fun playing against them. xD

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 06, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »
Translation by Professor from MMCafe:

European publisher Rising Star Games product manager Yen Hau has done a Q & A session with Spanish KOF community SpekSNK, and there's a bit of new info there. The full text can be read from the link, below is a quick summary.

http://www.speksnk.org/foro/viewtopic.php?p=573616#p573616

-European release date is November 25. Japan is the same. (Japan is probably 24th in this case due to time zone difference. US is 22nd.)
-Netcode will be optimised for broadband and fibre optic connections, SNKP are still working on it. (Don't know when the interview was conducted, but it sounds rather recent)
-No demo before release.
-European version is slated to have a reversable sleeve. Aside on 4-disc preorder bonus, there's a reversable poster (art on one side, command list on the other) and art disc (includes artwork, wallpapers, videos and a visual story of the Ash Saga)

Also, I'll take the initiative to do the Blog translation this time around, give Toxico some breathing time from his usual hard chore.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/10/post_45.html

About Flame Iori

Good day everyone.
...Eh actually, it's pretty late already so it's more like "Good evening". (sweats)

Putting that aside, we've been doing a lot of explanations on the game modes so far. So for a change of pace, we're going to do something we haven't done in a while-- we'll talk about another additional character for the home console.

As people may already know from the PVs [Promo Videos], the third additional character [to the home console] is Iori with the power of flames, AKA flame Iori. He joining into the fight with his costume he wore back when he had his flames! In this article, we'll refer to the normal Iori as "Claw Iori" and the Iori with the power of flames as "Flame Iori" to make things easier to understand.

So let's get started and ask Producer Yama' about the charasteristics of Flame Iori.

Producer Yamamoto: To start off, in terms of direction attacks, he can't use the Geshiki Kui [3+C] that Claw Iori has, but he's regained his Geshiki Goufu In Shinigami [6+B], and he can use it instead.

Ah, so even his direction attack is different from Claw Iori.

Producer Yamamoto: Exactly. As for his specials, he has his old attacks such as Yamibarai, Oniyaki, and Kuzukaze. He also has his good old Aoibana as well, which can be used in the same way like before. Some of the EX specials have unique behaviors. For example, his EX Yamibarai stops the opponent for a limited time like his old Yasakazuki, and his EX Kototsuki is a different attack than his normal one. There might be other uses aside from hitting it regularly...

So that'll be something for us to find out when we use him. So next, let's hear about his supers!

Producer Yamamoto: In terms of his supers, he has his usual Yaotome and the Saika after-attack, and aside from that, he's also got back his Yamisogi. His Yaotome can be done as an EX attack, but it's important to take note that you can't do a Saika afterwards in that case. Also, the visual effects on his HomuraHotogi Neomax is really dynamic, so please try using it.

All the users are probably wondering whether "he's stronger" than Claw Iori. So what about that?

Producer Yamamoto: To be honest, neither of them is really stronger than the other. They both have different fighting styles so we hope people will pick them according to which style they prefer.

For example,
Claw Iori's normal Yaotome doesn't allow opponent to recovery roll / Flame Iori's normal Yaotome can be recovery rolled after it hits
Claw Iori's EX Yaotome can go through a Psycho Ball / Flame Iori's Yaotome will get hit by a Psycho Ball
So even if it's the same move, it can have a different attribute, and it should be interesting to check them out.

Alright. Are there any other noteworthy points regarding Flame Iori?

Yamamoto: Flame Iori has his own stage, and it's a remake of the rival team stage from KOF95, which was Iori's debut KOF title. And in the background, "those three guys" are trying to find their chance to get back into KOF. Also, there's some tidbits that might make old Iori fans react like "Oh?", so please look forward to the game's release.

"Those three guys" sounds interesting, and so does that little tidbit. Can't wait to play the game.
To wrap things up, here are the usual character introduction footages!

[ Combo Footage 1 ]
[ Combo Footage 2 ]
[ Neomax Footage ]

And that's all for now. Please try playing with Flame Iori.
See you next update!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 06, 2011, 08:50:02 PM »
I can't tell what it is exactly, but Flame Iori's animation seems just a bit "off" to me. It also feels like they mixed Iori's XII-style animation with his old school animations, without taking time to ensure they were consistent. I don't know, maybe it's just me?

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to him. But much more excited to see how EX Kyo turns out.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 06, 2011, 09:24:18 PM »
Wow, seems like they put actual effort into working on Flame Iori instead of going like usual "Well, he's an EX character, so let's make him busted".  Though honestly, even without Projectile Invincibility on that DM unlike Claw Iori...with some of C.Iori's best moves nerfed idk how Flame Iori won't be better in some ways.  We'll see I guess.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #969 on: October 06, 2011, 09:41:55 PM »
I can't tell what it is exactly, but Flame Iori's animation seems just a bit "off" to me. It also feels like they mixed Iori's XII-style animation with his old school animations, without taking time to ensure they were consistent. I don't know, maybe it's just me?

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to him. But much more excited to see how EX Kyo turns out.

When I first saw him, I couldn't shake the feeling that he looks skinnier and a bit less impressive than the rest of the cast... Even Kyo looks more broadly shouldered with his large jacket! But I kind of like that about him, now; the skinny feel he has makes him feel more snakey, which fits with the "Clan cursed by Orochi" theme.

I don't much see the issue with the animations themselves (Clothes react just about right, his waist shirt has a bit more movement than normal, his rest frames in between rekkas could be a bit smoother, but are not bad), but maybe with the fact that the design is kinda "meh" for XIII. It's a classic, sure, but XIII is more about powerful presentation of characters. They recieved more weight, more strength. They became more significant looking. Yet Flames Iori feels so classic, that it's like he's stuck in time, haha.

This is probably fine for those who wanted the classics designs back / hate "bulky" Ralf and Clark, and "applebottom" Athena though, lol. But for me, it emphasizes why I really like the "larger than life" theme they went with for the characters since XII, rather than just a straight HD-ifying like those plain sketches from XII's development that so many claim to prefer.

I think it's fine to have all types in the new KoF style, though, and I appreciate differences. And it's inevitable, that as the art team changes, we'll see some shifts. But I hope their art team gets comfortable with shifting between the 2, so that characters who deserve the Nona-derived extremes can get them, such as say, Blue Mary, while those who could benefit from the whispier look, like Lin, could also benefit from that.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 06, 2011, 10:39:02 PM »
The only thing that scares me is Iori's EX Projectile freezing the opponent. You're giving a character with highly damaging combos a freeze move? Holy shit...
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 06, 2011, 11:05:32 PM »
In practice, it'll probably work something like Shen's EX grab or fully charged qcf+C.  In the video from SNK, EX Iori followed it up with (as far as I can tell) h.C, cl.C, f+A, qcb+Px2, (DC) qcb+ACx2, qcf~hcb+P~qcfx4+P...that's an extra 3 meters and 50% drive for about 40% more damage (after already spending 1 meter and 50% drive for the initial cl.B, cl.C, hcb+K, (DC) qcf+AC).  Arcade version Shen can more or less match that damage with 1 less meter and no drive cancels.  So, yeah, as long as there's something to prevent infinites (like maybe only having the EX fireball freeze once per combo), it doesn't seem like it'll break him by itself.
Old man/bad player

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #972 on: October 07, 2011, 12:16:28 AM »
You're giving a character with highly damaging combos a freeze move?

In the end, it's not much different from Takuma being able to use his EX Command grab to put you in enough hitstun to allow him to hop, and start an whole new combo on you. And from what we know, unlike, say, Elisabeth, he had no anywhere juggles to take advantage of. AND the EX Fireball tick damages with poison, so it'll increase scaling a multitude of times before you land a blow.

The freeze only likely only leads to continued ground combos, if you keep them on the ground, as well. Iori WTPOF has no moves that do such without drive cancelling, so it'll probably get much less uses per combo than even Takuma's insane Zanretsuken + Grapple Loops.

He should have some fun HD combos to watch, though. Still hoping for HD Scumgale loops, lol.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 07, 2011, 12:49:57 AM »
^  I agree.

With all the different Ex properties these days, it's not as uncommon.  Between crumpling, grabs, and juggles, all they really are combo extenders.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #974 on: October 07, 2011, 01:34:45 AM »
Still hoping for HD Scumgale loops, lol.

I almost read that as Scumbag loops.

Iori is a scumbag though.