Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364700 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1110 on: October 13, 2011, 08:54:19 PM »
I played 97 again on MAME. And it'd be nice if they add the option to listen to original music while playing (and not just accessing the MP3 function on your system and play it in the background). Some of the music in 97 (what little there is) is damn good and very atmospheric. It reminds me a lot of the OST to Akira.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1111 on: October 13, 2011, 08:56:19 PM »
I really like most of these changes. A bit annoyed at the Leona nerfs, though. They're not that bad, but still seem a bit unnecessary.

*nod* Exactly as I feel.

Some of the Clark changes strike me as a bit odd, though. Weak SAB has auto-guard, but EX SAB remains the same. Except EX SAB -> Flashing Elbow can be MAX canceled. But you can only MAX cancel in HD mode, and if you're in HD mode, why not just use his DM for the increased damage? I guess it's useful if you drop your combo, or just do standalone HD activation. I hardly ever see people use HD in that way, however.

My theory is that his 1 DM (UABB) Takes too long. This reduced the amount of combo-reps and overall damage he could land by moves, before going into the EXDM, as he needed to be able to have meter left at DM's end to Max Cancel.

By giving him a semi-DM (still takes 1 Bar) that he can MAX cancel out of, that's quicker to use, he essentially got a new DM/NM combo, and a buff to his overall end-game threat potential.

You normally cannot cancel the same move into itself in HD mode, right? So this new cancel for Gattling attack is quite unique. It's a nice replacement of his old ( ;c , ;df + ;a , ;df + ;a.... ) combo from XII, and it keeps opponents grounded, for that EX grapple into NM!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 13, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »
I played 97 again on MAME. And it'd be nice if they add the option to listen to original music while playing (and not just accessing the MP3 function on your system and play it in the background). Some of the music in 97 (what little there is) is damn good and very atmospheric. It reminds me a lot of the OST to Akira.

97 has the best presentation and music. I wished they combined 97 news cast presentation with 96 stage intros for XIII. But that is wishing for a lot, lol.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 13, 2011, 08:58:18 PM »
RB2 is the best and most competitive one, RBS & RB are equal but still different.
any exact reason why rb2 is considered the "best"?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1114 on: October 13, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »
RB2 is the best and most competitive one, RBS & RB are equal but still different.

He's gonna reply to that and say:

"...cause i say so!"

lol
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 13, 2011, 09:16:56 PM »

He's gonna reply to that and say:

"...cause i say so!"

lol
sounds like musolini

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 13, 2011, 10:29:23 PM »
Does anyone know what the changes are for Ash in the video?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:31:33 PM by Gravelneed »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 13, 2011, 10:49:51 PM »

It's just the SYSTEM change, they used ASH to show how you can now link a lv1 DM to NeoMAX in HD mode with only 3 bars in total.

EDIT: Also something SAB-CA forgot to mention (I think), Professor did an observation after his translation and posted again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQd_Q_RrCIs&feature=player_detailpage#t=86s

1:24 ^ Takuma s.HP takes away, instead of giving, Stock Meter! WTF?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:57:11 PM by DarKaoZ »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 13, 2011, 11:27:19 PM »

It's just the SYSTEM change, they used ASH to show how you can now link a lv1 DM to NeoMAX in HD mode with only 3 bars in total.

EDIT: Also something SAB-CA forgot to mention (I think), Professor did an observation after his translation and posted again:

No, i think the blue flash is from Takuma. Ryo does a (c?)s.HP and hits Takuma during the invincible statup of an ex Ko'ouken. That's what it looks like to me atleast, does anyone know if his ex fireball actually has invincibility?

Awesome to get updates btw, very happy to have build up for the game again.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 13, 2011, 11:36:40 PM »

That's not a punch m8. That's Takuma's ex fireball having guard properties like Clark's grab

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
« Reply #1120 on: October 14, 2011, 12:28:16 AM »
Look at the next combo. Ryo guards Takuma's C, f+B, db,f+B and somehow loses meter in the process.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1121 on: October 14, 2011, 12:38:55 AM »
It's probably just a glitch in the training mode, in the build they're showing this demo from... Prof posted it later after I had posted the previous info (and Thanks Kane for posting the Updated info later on), but even if I did see it... it's just a glitch, lol.

Would be funny if it occured because of some kinda testing / work on Mr. Karate elements. Mr. Karate chips away at your soul, by touching you with any normals!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 14, 2011, 01:31:25 AM »
It's probably just a glitch in the training mode, in the build they're showing this demo from... Prof posted it later after I had posted the previous info (and Thanks Kane for posting the Updated info later on), but even if I did see it... it's just a glitch, lol.

Would be funny if it occured because of some kinda testing / work on Mr. Karate elements. Mr. Karate chips away at your soul, by touching you with any normals!

Well Glitch/Bug are closely related, but still that is something Takuma shouldn't be able to do. Unless it's a new feature of his, like not been able to block after getting up in the arcade. lol

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 14, 2011, 01:46:58 AM »
Some of the Clark changes strike me as a bit odd, though. Weak SAB has auto-guard, but EX SAB remains the same. Except EX SAB -> Flashing Elbow can be MAX canceled. But you can only MAX cancel in HD mode, and if you're in HD mode, why not just use his DM for the increased damage? I guess it's useful if you drop your combo, or just do standalone HD activation. I hardly ever see people use HD in that way, however.

My theory is that his 1 DM (UABB) Takes too long. This reduced the amount of combo-reps and overall damage he could land by moves, before going into the EXDM, as he needed to be able to have meter left at DM's end to Max Cancel.

By giving him a semi-DM (still takes 1 Bar) that he can MAX cancel out of, that's quicker to use, he essentially got a new DM/NM combo, and a buff to his overall end-game threat potential.

You normally cannot cancel the same move into itself in HD mode, right? So this new cancel for Gattling attack is quite unique. It's a nice replacement of his old ( ;c , ;df + ;a , ;df + ;a.... ) combo from XII, and it keeps opponents grounded, for that EX grapple into NM!

I think it's there's something lost in translation but I read it as you can [SC] off the Ex Elbow, then [MC] out of it.  Technically, if you do a NM off a special in [HD], it's just a [HDC] right?  [MC] is reserved from specifically a (Ex) DM into NM.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 14, 2011, 01:56:55 AM »

Hey guys, just wanted you to know that there's a mistake in the translation regarding Clark (dunno if this is so in the repost). I took another look at the blog when I saw EX SAB > Flashing Elbow > NM in the translation. This should be EX SAB > Flashing Elbow > Super Cancel

Now THAT will change Clark's gameplay especially with his buffed hop. We'll see if that's going to overpower Clark, but I like the change.

Also, at the bottom of the blog it says (I'll summarize instead of going line by line):
That's it for the first release with details on 8 chrs.
We think there'll be a lot of folks wondering "What about Raiden!?" "Why start with Hwa Jai!?"
In order to be fair, we used random select and chose the characters that came up first in that order (true story).
As such, no one knows who'll be included in the next post. If you want to hurry up and see the characters that you use, please pray to the gods of random select!

---
Fixed double post -Kane317

I think it's there's something lost in translation but I read it as you can [SC] off the Ex Elbow, then [MC] out of it.  Technically, if you do a NM off a special in [HD], it's just a [HDC] right?  [MC] is reserved from specifically a (Ex) DM into NM.

Good eye Kane, check out my previous post.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:25:17 AM by Kane317 »