Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364757 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1125 on: October 14, 2011, 02:27:58 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted you to know that there's a mistake in the translation regarding Clark (dunno if this is so in the repost). I took another look at the blog when I saw EX SAB > Flashing Elbow > NM in the translation. This should be EX SAB > Flashing Elbow > Super Cancel

Now THAT will change Clark's gameplay especially with his buffed hop. We'll see if that's going to overpower Clark, but I like the change.

Something to keep in mind is that you can [SC] off the Ex Flash elbow, so even if you did the Step --> Flash Elbow, you can't [SC] which is fair.  Otherwise that's pretty scary with Guardpoint into [SC].

Also, at the bottom of the blog it says (I'll summarize instead of going line by line):
That's it for the first release with details on 8 chrs.
We think there'll be a lot of folks wondering "What about Raiden!?" "Why start with Hwa Jai!?"
In order to be fair, we used random select and chose the characters that came up first in that order (true story).
As such, no one knows who'll be included in the next post. If you want to hurry up and see the characters that you use, please pray to the gods of random select!

That's hilarious, I hope they get Chin next on Random.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 14, 2011, 02:39:38 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted you to know that there's a mistake in the translation regarding Clark (dunno if this is so in the repost). I took another look at the blog when I saw EX SAB > Flashing Elbow > NM in the translation. This should be EX SAB > Flashing Elbow > Super Cancel

Now THAT will change Clark's gameplay especially with his buffed hop. We'll see if that's going to overpower Clark, but I like the change.

Something to keep in mind is that you can [SC] off the Ex Flash elbow, so even if you did the Step --> Flash Elbow, you can't [SC] which is fair.  Otherwise that's pretty scary with Guardpoint into [SC].

Also, at the bottom of the blog it says (I'll summarize instead of going line by line):
That's it for the first release with details on 8 chrs.
We think there'll be a lot of folks wondering "What about Raiden!?" "Why start with Hwa Jai!?"
In order to be fair, we used random select and chose the characters that came up first in that order (true story).
As such, no one knows who'll be included in the next post. If you want to hurry up and see the characters that you use, please pray to the gods of random select!

That's hilarious, I hope they get Chin next on Random.

Hahah, yeah - hoping for Joe/Ryo/Ralf (whom I use), but really interested in seeing Goro as he looks to be the mystery where folks who had a chance to play console saw almost no changes other than some damage buffing and what's on the first page of this thread.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:43:36 AM by BioBooster »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 14, 2011, 02:40:16 AM »
I'm confused with the big amount of terms, so can we just explain without technicism what can clark do now with his ex sab?

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1128 on: October 14, 2011, 02:59:49 AM »
I'm confused with the big amount of terms, so can we just explain without technicism what can clark do now with his ex sab?

Original Blog post suggested that You could cancel into Neomax out of EX SAB -> Flashing Elbow.

It's been cleared up, Clark should be able to Super Cancel his EX flashing elbow, thereby guarenteeig a Super after an EX SAB -> Elbow. That should be more versatile, and more useful.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 14, 2011, 03:15:28 AM »
Mai
- Kaschousen comes out faster, also has quicker recovery
* Ukibane (down + B in air) has different trajectory than Arcade, recovery time has been changed
* Musasabi(from ground) can be canceled to Floating attack
* WK>FK is a chain combo. Can be used to connect into HD mode, and also gives Mai more damage on pokes
* EX air Shinobibachi added in game. Invincible until hit detection comes out.
- Crouching FP has more cancelable frames
- Weak Ryuenbu has more vertical hitbox
* Neomax comes out faster and freezes time when it reaches the edge of screen

Producer Yamamoto says: We've balanced her as a female ninja by giving her attacks that can make her fight more tricky from the air. Using Ukibane to trick the opponent and doing an attack string, or hit confirming from her crouching fierce punch have become effective tactics. Her Neomax has also been buffed.

Hmm I hope that list isn't complete, although it seems like it, but I don't see any mention of her A Ryuuenbu (qcb+A) increasing it's vertical hitbox like we experienced in the Evo build =(

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 14, 2011, 03:24:42 AM »
you mean this?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 14, 2011, 03:55:22 AM »
you mean this?

LIES!   iFail.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:57:06 AM by Kane317 »

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 14, 2011, 04:08:55 AM »
I think this change for Mai is cool too:

* Musasabi(from ground) can be canceled to Floating attack (Ukibane)

An interesting mechanic to me, as I don't remember any specials being cancellable into command normals *ever* in KOF. Was pretty cool seeing that demonstrated in the video, adds depth to her air game for sure.

Hahah- yes I'm setting the stage for someone to correct me. It's a challange then!

---

Hmm I hope that list isn't complete, although it seems like it, ...

Just FYI, the forward at the top of the blog mentions that it would be impossible to cover all changes for the characters as there are so many. They say they are hitting all of the highlights, and leaving out minutia. < but I still wanna know anyway!

For example, if a chr's normals got damage/frame changes would be cool seeing that too, but don't think they'll mention it unless it's significant enough to change strategy for a chr. (and who knows what else is not being mentoined)

Please edit your posts to avoid double posting -Kane317
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:56:54 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 14, 2011, 06:34:07 AM »
i thought they also meant clarck could do ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b or ;d into elbow follow up and cancel that into his ex/dm or when in hd mode directly into NM afterwards. i hope its like what im saying it is, cause it would make clark one scary asshole to deal with and hed be in my team way more often.

at rb2 being the best, thats my observation of playing these games since they came out. i can actually name numerous reasons as to why rb2 is the best and only 1 or 2 points that the other rb games got going for them over rb2. but im not gonna do that, eplore the games for yourself and make up your own judgement. because i said so, thats why.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 14, 2011, 07:50:44 AM »
So I guess he can't super cancel off a grab. That's okay, that'd be pretty nutso. However, I would like to see Goro able to super cancel into his grabs. Would they be that powerful if they could?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 14, 2011, 08:41:06 AM »
So I guess he can't super cancel off a grab. That's okay, that'd be pretty nutso. However, I would like to see Goro able to super cancel into his grabs. Would they be that powerful if they could?

Well, there's not many characters I can look at and say "well, they're for sure gonna land a DM every round they have meter".  Clark would probably be one of them if he could Super Cancel out of his grabs.

Dunno how overpowered that would be as I barely see any Clark play, but it would bump his damage output big time.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 14, 2011, 09:12:50 AM »

Well, there's not many characters I can look at and say "well, they're for sure gonna land a DM every round they have meter".  Clark would probably be one of them if he could Super Cancel out of his grabs.

Dunno how overpowered that would be as I barely see any Clark play, but it would bump his damage output big time.

With clark, at least it costs him a meter, so seems fair. Now, it appears that Yuri ( ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b now a grab) and Shen can do it without using the EX version - that might be cracking... At least in Shen's case, his grab is no longer a 1 frame grab - have a feeling this will be crazy strong for him regardless.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 14, 2011, 09:13:46 AM »
Shen not having a command grab means happy days for me.

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 14, 2011, 09:21:08 AM »
Is that so? I think Shen is still very strong without his command grab.
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 14, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »
Is that so? I think Shen is still very strong without his command grab.

He still has his grab, it's just no longer fast (no longer 1 frame, has a few frames of startup). Now, he can drive cancel it (which is new to console) - so we can all start fearing that  :(