Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364761 times)

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1290 on: October 21, 2011, 02:42:54 AM »
Why Mai's B>D is not cancelable when she is worst than him in arcade version?

I was wondering that same thing myself.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 21, 2011, 02:44:29 AM »
SCR 2011 just got even better!!!

http://www.socalregionals.com/?p=209

Not cool...not cool...where's the love for the East Coast?  I mean, I like Marvel as much as the next guy, but come on...give us at least a little entryway for other games.  I mean, I know we're running XIII at NEC but...come on Atlus, where's the love?

Seriously, it's like ever since JWong took his talents to SoCal, East Coast has been Minor League (and most people on the EC who have visited the WC recently would tell you that).

Come on East Coast, this is a reason for us to step our game up.  We all better hold our shit down at NEC.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1292 on: October 21, 2011, 02:59:10 AM »
I am really liking the way Ryo's buffs look, faster parries and overhead will give Ryo some nice mix-up options, which he really needed IMO.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 21, 2011, 03:07:21 AM »

Not cool...not cool...where's the love for the East Coast?  I mean, I like Marvel as much as the next guy, but come on...give us at least a little entryway for other games.  I mean, I know we're running XIII at NEC but...come on Atlus, where's the love?

Seriously, it's like ever since JWong took his talents to SoCal, East Coast has been Minor League (and most people on the EC who have visited the WC recently would tell you that).

Come on East Coast, this is a reason for us to step our game up.  We all better hold our shit down at NEC.

EC KOF isn't visible by any means so Atlus probably sees adding a pot bonus to NEC as likely giving Chris Hu a handout.

Not that I'd necessarily be against that.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 21, 2011, 03:15:11 AM »

Not cool...not cool...where's the love for the East Coast?  I mean, I like Marvel as much as the next guy, but come on...give us at least a little entryway for other games.  I mean, I know we're running XIII at NEC but...come on Atlus, where's the love?

Come on East Coast, this is a reason for us to step our game up.  We all better hold our shit down at NEC.

EC KOF isn't visible by any means so Atlus probably sees adding a pot bonus to NEC as likely giving Chris Hu a handout.

Not that I'd necessarily be against that.

Well damn, you got to make it viable.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1295 on: October 21, 2011, 04:03:24 AM »
An easy way to JUST see the 8 min or so dedicated to KoF on "On the Spot", cut out into it's own video:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/video/6341359

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 21, 2011, 04:35:52 AM »
The King was pulling out her HD combo in the end and it looks like he didn't have much problems.

This is good, I know they are using high speed internet in both places, but at least my hype is rising! lol

EDIT: Also awesome, you can go to TRAINING MODE while waiting for an opponent to challenge you. Love that function!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:42:32 AM by DarKaoZ »

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 21, 2011, 04:42:27 AM »
If anything, this means i can play with friends online without too much of an issue. Still cautious but positive.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 21, 2011, 04:52:24 AM »
Well I know I'll need some hardcore training for NEC, so I need some 360 bros to help me out.  I got to get my Duo/King/Hwa team all nice and clean for it.  King isn't exactly rocket science and she plays like Rose so I should be good on her, but Hwa and Duo will be new beasts for me so I got to get that crap up and running within two weeks...while learning UMvC3...and 3S...and upping my AE game...I'm so screwed lol.

kofrookie

• New Challenger
  • t('.'t)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 21, 2011, 05:02:22 AM »
Cool video, it's nice to get a real look at the menus and some of the options available.  I'm a little disappointed with the lack of a spectator mode, though.  MK9's 8 man King of the Hill really brought a lot of hype and friends together, especially with the voice chat on XBL parties.  KOF13 could have really used something like that, or at least a way to spectate friend matches.  Maybe they'll patch something in later.

The only thing that worries me about this video is the lack of mentioning about any delay.  They talk about smoothness and the game not dropping, but that should be pretty standard for in-state play with any game.  Even ancient netcodes can accomplish that.  Avoiding the subject of delay doesn't seem legit to me.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: October 21, 2011, 05:10:28 AM »
Cool video, it's nice to get a real look at the menus and some of the options available.  I'm a little disappointed with the lack of a spectator mode, though.  MK9's 8 man King of the Hill really brought a lot of hype and friends together, especially with the voice chat on XBL parties.  KOF13 could have really used something like that, or at least a way to spectate friend matches.  Maybe they'll patch something in later.

The only thing that worries me about this video is the lack of mentioning about any delay.  They talk about smoothness and the game not dropping, but that should be pretty standard for in-state play with any game.  Even ancient netcodes can accomplish that.  Avoiding the subject of delay doesn't seem legit to me.

King of the Hill was nice, the problem was it caused even MORE strain on an already bad netcode, and that game punishes the shit out of you if there's delay (most games do for sure, but MK9 just makes you wanna cry due to delay).

Spectator Mode isn't THAT important, but it would've made streaming a lot easier.  Not to mention online tourneys.  But a good netcode over everything is the priority.  Features don't mean crap if you wanna chuck your stick against the wall due to delay.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: October 21, 2011, 05:17:07 AM »
Thinking about it for a little bit I'm a tad worried about the online based on what I saw in the video. Here's my reasoning:

Again, no ping numbers. I don't know why the fuck Japan has this obsession with bars representing ping. As everyone here should realize that bars are not a true representation of ping.

Why not an MK9-styled lobby system? Doesn't look like it has it. That GGPO-styled lobby system solved a lot of problems playing online compared to SF4. Displays a list of players available, they're rank, ping, and you're able to easily communicate with them to get a match going.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: October 21, 2011, 05:21:50 AM »
Terry looks bad ass as always. I don't get the forward+C having a bigger hitbox and I guess easier hitconfirm for Iori. I mean, when you grab them you just do that upclaw (SRK motion) and do Super. It seems pretty easy but who knows.  

Yeah I don't get it either, SRK claw works just fine.  ;df ;c having a better hitbox is negligibly better for starting overhead HD combos with it!?! dunno...

I presume bigger hitbox for Iori's df+C means he can active HD after the hcf+P throw easier, which is pretty scary.  I guess it's fair since his command throw is relatively slow compared to others, still a great option for him.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: October 21, 2011, 05:33:14 AM »
Thinking about it for a little bit I'm a tad worried about the online based on what I saw in the video. Here's my reasoning:

Again, no ping numbers. I don't know why the fuck Japan has this obsession with bars representing ping. As everyone here should realize that bars are not a true representation of ping.

Why not an MK9-styled lobby system? Doesn't look like it has it. That GGPO-styled lobby system solved a lot of problems playing online compared to SF4. Displays a list of players available, they're rank, ping, and you're able to easily communicate with them to get a match going.

Japanese developers are very stubborn.  It's simple fact.  You can see it when Capcom Japan releases a game and when Capcom USA does.  When Capcom USA releases crap, you get stupid shit that makes you pissed off...but at the very least, they TRY things that fans call out (Ping Numbers in MvC2, Button Config for 3SOE), Capcom Japan does not do that.  Same old button config, same old no Ping numbers, same old crap.

I'd rather have a company come out and straight fail for trying something new than just halfass a game doing the same old crap.  I can't really say anything for SNKP because they keep changing publishers lol.  You know, but hey, as long as you're trying to actively make a difference in your game (not even so much gameplay wise, but how it functions on and offline for gamers of all types) then I can't really hate too much.

Also on a different topic, I really wanna get into commentating.  Like I think I can provide more to it than most people who just randomly jump on the mic and just talk.  Like I want the ability for people to actually hear people call a match.  Now, when it comes to non-majors, I think people should just put up with it lol, locals are just about having fun and I can understand.  At majors though, there should not be dead spots.

As such, if I can get up to NEC, i wanna throw my  hat in the ring for commentary somehow.  If I can't get my play up to a level at which a tourney can deserve, I wanna at least contribute in some way.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:29:48 AM by Saitsuofleaves »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: October 21, 2011, 06:47:43 AM »
i don't think i've been soo fucking hype for a fighter since the neo-geo days (93/99).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!