Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 367518 times)

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1410 on: October 25, 2011, 10:04:56 PM »
theres no difference between the versions, is there? even the box art was the same iirc.

alsoi was checking out a mago ineterview and dudes favo fighters besides the sf4 series are cvs2 (known) and kof? wtf, how good is he at kof?

that soundtrack looks really nice.... i'm debating if i should pre-order or not.

The only kof game i've seen mago play is XI and he is pretty good at it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:12:18 PM by darkTown2 »
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 25, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »

There's your soundtrack listing!

Wow this gave me goosebumps.  I think it's safe to say that KOF has the best soundtracks collectively compared to any other FG.

---

that soundtrack looks really nice.... i'm debating if i should pre-order or not.

What?!  You haven't pre-ordered?  INSTA BAN!  *smiley face*

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 25, 2011, 10:13:48 PM »
@darkTown2: I would preorder, if for no other reason than to be sure you get the game on day 1. KOF is not so mainstream that every store will get it in.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 25, 2011, 10:16:37 PM »
I didn't preorder either pretty much because I didn't know where I should preorder from.

Every time I preorder too soon it bites me in the ass, so this time I played it safe.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 25, 2011, 10:17:46 PM »
They should sell the ASTs as downloadable content that you can add to the game and play with.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 25, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »
@darkTown2: I would preorder, if for no other reason than to be sure you get the game on day 1. KOF is not so mainstream that every store will get it in.

alright i'll do it then, the reason i kinda thought i shouldn't was because i have quite a few gamestops nearby my area.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 25, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »
I think this is a cool preorder but I would prefer something gameplay related, like free DLC characters.

I would preorder but I'm waiting on feedback for Netcode or bugs. I trust you guys much more than the SRK or Eventhubs guys for reporting on quality on netcode.

I would like an included DLC character too but from a business perspective it makes perfect sense to withhold them. Flame Iori is the fuckin' embodiment of rush down in a fighter. If you look up rushdown characters Iori is almost always the first guy to come up. So it makes sense to have him as DLC. 
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1417 on: October 25, 2011, 11:11:41 PM »

Gamestop would tell you that a pre-order is always a good idea, because it helps them gauge how much they should invest in getting additional copies at a store. On small releases, they may get a copy or 2, but when someone pre-orders the game, they also see fit to order an additional one; so your interest directly effects how findable the game will be in your location, at least to some degree.

I don't think Amazon really... cares... The only type of bonus you can offer there, is to help it rank up in the "anticipated games" ranks, which will give it more publicity.

So, preordering helps contribute to the games hype and availability. So nothing to lose, everything to gain!

They should sell the ASTs as downloadable content that you can add to the game and play with.

It's very likely that's a reason WHY they're offering OST rather than AST. SNKP did sell musical remixes for XII. And XIII already has some nice inclusions from various soundtracks. The ability to get even more ASTs for every team would be very nice, or just new remixes in general.

I wouldn't mind this, really. KoF music is worth paying some extra for, as long as it's for EVERY team (and bonus teamless chara) in the game, and not broken up to over-priced mini downloads.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 25, 2011, 11:14:26 PM »
I think this is a cool preorder but I would prefer something gameplay related, like free DLC characters.

I would preorder but I'm waiting on feedback for Netcode or bugs. I trust you guys much more than the SRK or Eventhubs guys for reporting on quality on netcode.

I would like an included DLC character too but from a business perspective it makes perfect sense to withhold them. Flame Iori is the fuckin' embodiment of rush down in a fighter. If you look up rushdown characters Iori is almost always the first guy to come up. So it makes sense to have him as DLC.  

TBQH, the only one you should trust on quality of netcode is yourself, mostly because the quality of connections varies between people.

I mean, if you don't care so much about the preorder bonus, then you should just rent it out (shouldn't be too tough unless your region is in love with the game), or mooch off of someone else, and just test it out.  Feels good, you know to go buy it, if not...well, better luck next time SNKP.

Considering when it's being released and the fact that it's not a Capcom game, it shouldn't be too hard to implement that kind of plan.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 25, 2011, 11:32:36 PM »
Where the fuck is Esaka 94? : (

Waifu Material

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 25, 2011, 11:33:21 PM »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1421 on: October 25, 2011, 11:49:06 PM »
Forget Esaka, we need Beauty And The Beast and Big Shot XI!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 26, 2011, 12:04:20 AM »
Forget Esaka, we need Beauty And The Beast and Big Shot XI!

...I'm sorry man, I just can't take you seriously anymore with that sig.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 26, 2011, 12:40:19 AM »

TBQH, the only one you should trust on quality of netcode is yourself, mostly because the quality of connections varies between people.

I mean, if you don't care so much about the preorder bonus, then you should just rent it out (shouldn't be too tough unless your region is in love with the game), or mooch off of someone else, and just test it out.  Feels good, you know to go buy it, if not...well, better luck next time SNKP.

Considering when it's being released and the fact that it's not a Capcom game, it shouldn't be too hard to implement that kind of plan.

I would rent but the there's no rental shops within 50 miles of me, and I really doubt Redbox is going to get it. I don't play enough games to join gamefly either.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 26, 2011, 12:43:08 AM »

I mean, if you don't care so much about the preorder bonus, then you should just rent it out (shouldn't be too tough unless your region is in love with the game), or mooch off of someone else, and just test it out.  Feels good, you know to go buy it, if not...well, better luck next time SNKP.

I would rent but the there's no rental shops within 50 miles of me, and I really doubt Redbox is going to get it. I don't play enough games to join gamefly either.

How the hell do you not have a rental shop within 50 miles of you?  I mean, I'm in a crappy area of PA (no actual scene without driving to Philly), and I still have at least 1.

Either that, or I just underestimate just how far renting has gone the way of the dodo due to the Access Codes, and the DLC crap that companies are using to force buys instead of rents.

Part of me is surprised companies don't try to take out Gamefly themselves.