Author Topic: UPDATE a few videos of me playing NEED FEED BACK  (Read 4208 times)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
UPDATE a few videos of me playing NEED FEED BACK
« on: September 10, 2011, 07:05:53 AM »
no let me start off by saying i did alot better then expected i didnt win but im better when it comes to the basics and i wasnt playing like i was playing street fighter lol but this is my second time playing....

WARNING the quality isnt that good and the person who was handling it was kinda iffy lol

King of Fighters XIII RogerDodger? vs Bigvador

King of Fighters XIII ??? vs Bigvador

King of Fighters XIII ??? vs Bigvador

some one let me know if i got better or if im worst when i first started or what
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:29:18 AM by Kane317 »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE a few videos of me playing NEED FEED BACK
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:14:40 AM »
           well the first thing I noticed off the bat are way the you use your rolls, The spacing of your rolls are super dangerous just for the simple fact that you were using them to approach you opponent. If you are making the decision to use a roll it should be either to escape pressure, go throw fireballs which has it's risk too, or to bait something, timing and spacing are crucial for proper use of rolls. the end result should be you being as safe as possible when you're recovering from a roll.

Also by using a roll to approach you lose the option of counter attacking what the opponent is doing such as punishing bad jump ins or  taking the opportunity to go on the offensive. use the myriad of jumps at your disposal to to approach and pressure you opponent, there were times where it looked like you you having a hard time figuring out how approach you opponent. anyways do that and I guarantee you you'll do a lot better next time around
" you fight well in the old style"

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »
i kno what u mean its just that im still playing XII and the hop is different in XIII and i noticed that i really couldnt hop as much only because the people that i fought had DPs so i chose 2 roll and i took my chances but i do kno what u mean

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:12:59 AM »
i kno what u mean its just that im still playing XII and the hop is different in XIII and i noticed that i really couldnt hop as much only because the people that i fought had DPs so i chose 2 roll and i took my chances but i do kno what u mean

Do you have a link to your old matches BigVador so I can compared the before and after?

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 01:56:22 AM »

Do you have a link to your old matches BigVador so I can compared the before and after?
here you go
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=946.0

---

wow it seems like im not getting that much feedback as the first time

Avoid double posting please -Kane317
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:35:15 AM by Kane317 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 07:25:02 PM »
Training section doesn't get as much love. Give it some time. I'll leave some feedback in this post when I get to see your vids.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 07:47:42 PM »
well i know i did alot better compared to first time iv played some im ok and i know i rolled to much (dam dps)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 03:35:55 AM »
Sorry, been very busy, I'll try to watch some of the videos tonight.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 07:06:43 AM »
hey if you dont have the time then you dont have the time its coo im a little surprised that this time around there aint that many people who is saying somethin i did get alot of great tips from you guys so if yall respond coo if not then ill still keep posting (or send some PM  ;))

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 01:05:21 AM »
hey if you dont have the time then you dont have the time its coo im a little surprised that this time around there aint that many people who is saying somethin i did get alot of great tips from you guys so if yall respond coo if not then ill still keep posting (or send some PM  ;))

Better late than never:  Short answer is, yes--you have improved since the first set of vids.  Do you have a lot to work on still?  Of course.  

I think from watching your matches it's not really reaction time that you're missing (as I saw you take advantage of a couple of counter hit messages) and your execution is decent (as you don't seem to have any problem doing the move)--it's just a general lack of experience of XIII that's causing you to make less than optimal decisions.

Compared to your last set of videos you're definitely more agressive and really getting up close and more importantly I see you using more normals (like Hwa Jai).   You seem to struggle against zoning opponents like Mai, Robert and K' (but who doesn't right?) and knowing what moves are punishable and what moves to punish it with (Robert does his HSKK flyinig kick and you block it but misjudge the bounce back and you miss a big punish or Robert whiffing an Ex dp which should also lead to a big punish).  Like Metaphysics said, you're rolling unecessarily which is getting you into trouble a lot.  Treat rolling almost like you would treat a dp+C; use it sparingly unless you know it's going to work.

Overall, you're still a little passive and really need to get in there a little more.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 01:50:29 AM »
hey if you dont have the time then you dont have the time its coo im a little surprised that this time around there aint that many people who is saying somethin i did get alot of great tips from you guys so if yall respond coo if not then ill still keep posting (or send some PM  ;))

Better late than never:  Short answer is, yes--you have improved since the first set of vids.  Do you have a lot to work on still?  Of course.  

I think from watching your matches it's not really reaction time that you're missing (as I saw you take advantage of a couple of counter hit messages) and your execution is decent (as you don't seem to have any problem doing the move)--it's just a general lack of experience of XIII that's causing you to make less than optimal decisions.

Compared to your last set of videos you're definitely more agressive and really getting up close and more importantly I see you using more normals (like Hwa Jai).   You seem to struggle against zoning opponents like Mai, Robert and K' (but who doesn't right?) and knowing what moves are punishable and what moves to punish it with (Robert does his HSKK flyinig kick and you block it but misjudge the bounce back and you miss a big punish or Robert whiffing an Ex dp which should also lead to a big punish).  Like Metaphysics said, you're rolling unecessarily which is getting you into trouble a lot.  Treat rolling almost like you would treat a dp+C; use it sparingly unless you know it's going to work.

Overall, you're still a little passive and really need to get in there a little more.

2 questions what are is the most you think i have improved on and do you think i really understand the basics more
as you say i didnt use any EX moves nor the HD mode (i think i used a few supers but i dont know if it was in any of the matches that got recorded) i was really trying to see where i was at when it came to stuff like hops pokes hyper hop ect. i was really only seeing where i was at with the basics before i moved on to anything else

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 05:00:35 PM »
basically what the others said. your also lacking kof experience and character match ups, besides still not having mastered your own characters. my biggest gripe though, which had me going ohno wtf is you not fully using your chances. the guy your playing isnt even that much better than you, but he does 50% when he gets the chance. you on the other hand do 10 to 15% most of the time. your gameplay ain't even that bad, just learn your combos. otherwise youll never be dangerous for anybody decent in the game. people can decide to use extra risky play against you cause they're not afraid of you, and why would they be when you can't punish accordingly?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »
i always play a fightin game just by using the basics b4 i move on to using anything else just so i can get a feel of what my characters can do without the extra stuff and ur right i did miss alot of chances to punish things and that was my fault for not thinkin i cant punish it but i did learn alot with all 3 of my characters but i do know hwa needs alot more work

TheRook

• New Challenger
  • GOD HAND
    • View Profile
    • Art is Unlimited
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 06:57:56 AM »
well i think you should learn some Bnb's tho~ next time we go to SouthTown we should get you into Training mode and practice some of them, then when you punish you can do damage, you have it down when playing XII so its all about getting down here.(i sorry~everyone im the reason his cam work is bad this time :P)
so next time i'll bring Don't drop that combo's transcript for your characters....