Author Topic: DOA 5 coming 2012  (Read 35774 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: DOA 5 coming 2012
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2012, 05:45:04 PM »
Before I got into KoF earlier this year, I was really hyped about DOA5.  I know that DoA will most likely never be serious, but the games have always been fun when you get into them.  People think it's all boobs and fanservice, and to be fair that it was.  I like the style they are heading towards with DOA5, I hope the gameplay is good to go along with it.

You never know... DOA3 by far was the most serious of them all, but the thing that held it back imo was the usual stigma of DOA (TnA, counter mash fest, etc.) as well as the game not being on PS2, which was the most popular vs Xbox. Even though the first Xbox did pretty good in the states, it took a long time before it was viewed as a good console for fighters, and DOA3 came out mad earlier than say the xbox ports of CvS2, KOFs (NeoWave as well), Samsho5, SvC (oh yeah!!)...

DOA4 could've been serious if Team Ninja didn't try to dumb the game down... Sure, it was at EVO, but once people started playing the game, the stigmas came back with a vengeance... Alot of people were expecting DOA3 style play as well, after hearing how solid it was, only to be given something way less... On top of that, whatever DOA3-like properties that was in 4.0 was removed in the 4.1 patch... Plus the stages got flatter imo...

Hopefully this game can get a solid audience and the attention it deserves... Team Ninja is taking this game in the right direction, and they're actually using top DOA players to help facilitate that movement...

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »
That was my point, many people just take the game at face value and don't try it.  The videos that have been released have been promising too me.  There are somethings that look a little worrisome but it'll be interesting to see how things like the danger zones will work in the actual flow of the game.  Hopefully TeamNinja will get things right and people will actually take a serious look at DOA again.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2012, 06:48:01 PM »
As long as they don't have random dangerzones, I'm good... If they decide to keep them, most competitive players take them off anyway. It would suck for those trying to get into the game from scratch, because they might not be aware of those slight mods, and if they're used to playing with it on, or they actually base their game on random dangerzone setups, then it would put a damper in their strat... It's like playing Smash Bros and you can't use weapons, but you base your game on weapon usage...

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »
In the Ayane v. Hitomi video when Hitomi does her charge attack and it goes into the matrix like thing, that worries me a bit.  It's a cool idea, but I worry about how it might affect the flow of the game, I don't think it can ruin the game though.  I wanted to get the demo, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $60 for a demo (I love Ninja Gaiden, but I'm waiting a while for 3).  As long as Helena is in the game it'll be hard for me to not like DoA5.  I just hope that it finds a good place in the community, and I think that's where my worries lie with some of the things I've seen so far.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »
New trailer coming up soon featuring Bayman and Christy
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:32:49 PM by Ashspiralingblood »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2012, 05:49:28 PM »
Love what they've done to Christie. Was on the fence with Bayman with that screenshot of him with the Bryan Fury esque smile, but he looks better than ever with his trademark serious frown, in that new art. Hotzone just might be the second-best stage in DOA5 so far, visually at least.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2012, 03:00:58 AM »
TN pretty much stole Chris from RE and threw it on Bayman... I know I'll be sticking with his original outfit once it's unlocked, if it's not available from jump...

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2012, 07:55:04 PM »
Christie looks good, so did Bayman.  I would have liked to see a more in depth fight like the other videos, but still it was interesting.
That stage looked like that first level in MGS4, I thought Snake was going to crawl through during the fight.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2012, 02:52:40 AM »
One thing I noticed was Bayman had a move that went straight into his roll... I don't remember him having that in either 3 or 4...

Oh yeah, I believe that matrix stuff that shows up in the match vids can be taken off, kinda like how dangerzones can be removed before the match starts...

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2012, 03:33:43 AM »
My eye for DoA moves isn't sharp due to not playing a lot for a while.  It seems like in this video Bayman and Christie showed off more new moves for each character than previous videos have. 

As for the matrix like stuff, I get the feeling I'll either love it or hate it.  If the flow of the game isn't interrupted  by it, I won't mind it.  Still I like how DoA5 looks so far, especially the characters, I can't wait to see Helena now.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2012, 04:05:04 AM »
TN pretty much stole Chris from RE and threw it on Bayman... I know I'll be sticking with his original outfit once it's unlocked, if it's not available from jump...

Chris is just Bayman without the beret

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2012, 08:28:19 AM »

Chris is just Bayman without the beret

...and techrolls!!!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2012, 08:48:01 AM »
But with more boulders.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2012, 06:12:54 AM »
DOA tutorial plus a DOA 5 Premium Code giveaway. Read the descriptions on how to enter. 2 winners each for 360 and PS3

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2012, 04:08:46 AM »
New character reveal this weekend and Hitomi redesign