Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

DOA 5 coming 2012

Started by Ashspiralingblood, September 14, 2011, 05:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proto Cloud

I hope this means that this series is going legit. Last thing we need thing we need is Akira Yuki in Boobie World.

Running Wild

solidshark

I am truly impressed with this. Can't wait to hear more details.

Sort of feels like How Ryo was brought to FFS, just really different.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

Quote from: Proto Cloud on March 05, 2012, 10:51:27 PM
I hope this means that this series is going legit. Last thing we need thing we need is Akira Yuki in Boobie World.

Both Sega and TN are breaking those stigmas which have been plaguing their games since the very beginning, which is something you proved to exist by your post-- hopefully with DOA5, this removes that altogether... On top of that, both companies are reaching out to their fans by doing this... On VFDC, there has been talk and speculation of this for quite some time, I mean years before this even came to be... DOA has a similar 3 button RPS system as VF, with more emphasis on yomi, so the transition is feasible... On the flipside, if VF were to have a guest character, FS' system would allow DOA characters to play with just as much freedom as they had in DOA...

One thing is for sure, DOA 3.1-esque mechanics are being displayed in the video, something which I didn't notice til Sorwah (from FreeStepDodge.com and a fellow Marylander) pointed out... He broke that vid down real good imo-- Here's the link if anyone's interested...

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa5-a-new-challenger-trailer-analysis.590/

DOA is actually a solid game... It's overlooked primarily because of things mentioned earlier, in conjunction with Itagaki (and possibly other members of TN) keeping the game dumbed down... Now with a new vision, TN I believe can achieve greatness with this game, if they keep in touch with the players (read: actual/tourney/competitive players)... This vid alone gave me a good impression, and I'll be snagging this game up most definitely, especially seeing how the game just seems like a fresh new start, unlike DOA4, which I felt like was a pseudo tech demo, and a carry-over from DOA3 with easier mechanics...

I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Proto Cloud

If it's anything like DOA 3.1, I might give it a shot. It all depends on how dependent the game is on the silly QTE nonsense.

Running Wild

DOA3.1 was Japan only right? What was the deal with that version and what changed compared to the original 3? I already know most of the bullshit that went down with 4 that made many spite the game, I'm also curious how DOA:Dimensions on 3DS compares to the previous installments.

jinxhand

Quote from: Running Wild on March 06, 2012, 09:37:14 AM
DOA3.1 was Japan only right? What was the deal with that version and what changed compared to the original 3? I already know most of the bullshit that went down with 4 that made many spite the game, I'm also curious how DOA:Dimensions on 3DS compares to the previous installments.

Well, characters had moves with + frames, which allowed unholdable setups, as well as a better poking game (since most of the time in any other DOA, characters had nothing but - frame moves, which forced you to rely on yomi and counter right)... Some move properties changed, too...

Specific wall splats guaranteed juggles, and there were better opportunities to juggle characters...

Oh yeah, the best thing they added was a functioning sidestep feature, which supposedly was a glitch, but I'm not so sure about that...

Ultimately, this was the game that made DOA actually more competitive, and less casual... 3.0 was good, too, but 3.1 was like the icing on the cake... If you manage to have an old jp xbox, then it's worth a purchase still... I think Sorwah from FSD manages to help people get this game-- it's that good...

It would be nice if TN threw us a bone and made that downloadable for xbl... Or at least make an HD remake and push it for both xbl and psn...

Oh yeah, DOAD is basically 4.1 with a few tweaks... Honestly, I don't care about those tweaks, as I wasn't a big fan of DOA4 (I'll still play though), and I didn't wanna get DOAD in the first place...

I will say, on a good note, DOAD did bring the story up to speed, letting everyone know about what happened and why it happened... Plus they brought Raidou back, and I have a feeling he might be in 5 as well, because it was an unexpected return and fans loved it alot...

Real talk, I miss those days on old xbl, where DOA2U was actually getting mad play... Even DOA1 had some love... Seems like with this new installment, cats are gonna be trying it because of Akira, or the overall system/visual overhaul... There's hope with this one...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Proto Cloud

I own Dimensions and it's only a marginal improvement over 4. It's still built upon the same system so it isn't much to get excited for. No guaranteed follow-ups and severe lack of advantage. I just got it because it was the only game besides Ocarina 3D that was interesting on pickup.

I did like how it filled you in on the canon version of the story and made it make sense.

We'll see how it turns out, but basically nothing is set in stone yet. It could easily take a turn for the worse.

Ashspiralingblood

There might be another guest character beside Akira appearing in DOA 5, maybe from VF5 or a different series
(I hope it is Brad)

http://andriasang.com/con075/doa5_vf_characters/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

jinxhand

My guess is that if it is another VF character, it's Jacky... He's the 2nd popular character, and Wolf is right behind in popularity terms... Sarah is up there, too, but Jacky was always more popular (plus now he's easier to play than Sarah is)...

Yeah Brad would be nice, especially since he's like a modded version of Zack with harder hits, and his movement works in the game quite well...

Alot of VF characters are similar to DOA in terms of fighting style, except for Lei Fei, Jeffry, Eileen, Sarah, Vanessa, and Taka... Any one of those characters would be great, especially Lei Fei...

If they ever actually do DOA vs VF, they would have to make an epic battle between Alpha-152 and Dural...

One thing that I'm impressed with so far is that despite the whole fighting entertainment spiel, they're still managing to make the game as competitive as possible, so they're perfecting the concept of feeding both casual and competitive players...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Mikel

VF Characters are something I wanted to see in DOA for a long time. I wouldn't mind seeing Aoi in it as well.

Oh, and English Dub confirmed, most possible reason being that the game is on the PS3 that they have to make it Japanese and English voices? (Sony's policy on that localization quirk does exist, check my Warriors Orochi 3 thread for more info).

I would like to see some reactions from you guys on the game's dub, and I wonder if this applies to the Virtua Fighter characters as well...

Xxenace

im cool with a dub provided that they dont get horrible actors for the voices and im guessing if they do announce another vf character it's probably going to be a female so im guessing that spot would go to sarah eileen or vanessa

Ashspiralingblood

Emperor Paine

I can't wait. I'm going to enjoy this game.
Regardless if it doesn't make main stage at any majors

jinxhand

I started to hate the camera direction at first, but then after playing more of DOA3 I started to notice something... The camera in DOA3 changes a bit, especially depending on what stage you're in-- best example being the rooftop stage, where the camera will pan back, and high enough that you'll be looking above them, but it won't affect the gameplay still...

It's looking like the game will be this way, where the camera change won't mess the gameplay up, so I'm starting to appreciate that more...

I hope the stages are as diverse and as creative as they were in DOA3... There was a stage with a long tunnel that you could fight in, and the terrain varied quite a bit, enough for stage specific combos... DOA4 was flat for the most part, with things placed around it for effect... Some stages had multiple surfaces also, meaning you could do water stuns in some areas, where in others, you could only do normal stuns... I'm also hoping the bounce from DOA1 and DOA4 come back as well... So far the game is looking great though...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand