Poll

Which SNK franchise deserves the next update/upgrade?

Last Blade
5 (17.9%)
Samurai Shodown/Spirits
5 (17.9%)
Fatal Fury/Garou Densetsu
10 (35.7%)
Art of Fighting
3 (10.7%)
Another franchise not listed
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Next updated franchise  (Read 10770 times)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Next updated franchise
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 05:20:49 AM »
Metal Slug.

SNK has driven it into the ground but the first and second are simply amazing, still some of the best 2D visuals and gameplay to this day. Its also the only non-fighter SNK franchise that has legs imo.

I don't care for metal slug 2, it wasn't bad but the first one was simply perfect (to me) so the sequels didn't stand a chance, atleast back when i played the first few. Anyways, metal slug 7 is the latest game in the series that i played and it was pretty good. It's not the great classic that the original was (still is), but it is playworthy. And anyday i wanna relive the glory of metal slug, i just replay the first game, it is awesome, i even love the credits.

I however voted for art of fighting as it is as far as story involvement goes the best fighting game i've seen. I have no idea what the story would be, or if there would even really be a point to making another sequel, but hell, i'd buy it if they made it.

I do agree that fatal fury probably has a far greater chance at success, either series is fine with me.

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 08:13:43 AM »
Nam-1975, Magician Lord or King of the Monsters, mainly NAM!!!

Karate chop

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 03:49:18 PM »
Wasnt Magican lord made by ADK? Anyway I voted for Last blade, I feel it deserve another chance. Not a graphical update but rather a UM styled remix.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 04:28:12 PM »
MS1 > MSX > MS3 > the rest.

the biggest problem of the MS games is that the neo couldnt handle more sprites at the same time. this meant that at harder levels and difficulties the enemies needed more and more bullets. at the hardest levels you didnt have any more bombs left and only your hand gun firing 5 minutes straight to kill 1 boss (while you sometimes get a bonus set of bombs or special gun) was just fucked up. especially with 2 and x where you had to shoot those damn trains for what?  

if MS actually upgraded in gameplay and the difficulty bumped up by having more enemies and enemy vehicles instead of them taking 20x more bullets to kill would be the shit. character specific moves, slides (yea i know these were in the latest one), commando style tricks like having a rope & hook where you can throw it and hang and and what not. the game needs to be reinvented but still keep the different vehicles and most gameplay elements. the pacing of ms1 was just brilliant.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:21:10 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 07:30:48 PM »
I agree with Metal Slug being the next updated franchise, it's one of SNKP most known series, apart of KOF and SS.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »
I'm surprised there's no MOTW2/FF petitions... I'm pretty sure at this point, SNK would start listening... Namco, Arcsys/Aksys, and Capcom are doing the same, and even requesting petitions so their bosses can see that the fans want 'X' game... I love the LB series and have some love for AOF, but FF needs an addition to bring the (KOF) players back to one of the places where it all started...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 01:24:29 PM »
Wasnt Magican lord made by ADK? Anyway I voted for Last blade, I feel it deserve another chance. Not a graphical update but rather a UM styled remix.

I think that SNK now has all the rights for ADK

Obviously SNKP will SWERVE US and release the long awaited sequel of Agressors of Dark Kombat 2!

Soy el hombre mas fuerte del mundo!

I honestly I'm started to get tired of KOF, I want to see the sequeal of MOTW, or even better, the sequel of RB2

I still don't get why AOF is mentioned in every singe thread and even has his own sub forum, the series was never that popular(except art of fighting 2) the first one is still treated as a SF CLONE even though the only resemblances wwith both games are the design of characters, and the third one is maybe the most beautiful game in the Neo Geo but with the typical gameplay of an AOF that feels really stiff.

Let's face it, nobody cares for AOF, even SNK seems to care
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:26:51 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 07:01:07 PM »
I still don't get why AOF is mentioned in every singe thread and even has his own sub forum, the series was never that popular(except art of fighting 2) the first one is still treated as a SF CLONE even though the only resemblances wwith both games are the design of characters, and the third one is maybe the most beautiful game in the Neo Geo but with the typical gameplay of an AOF that feels really stiff.

Some do care, and AOF did a lot of things that I'd wish more fighters (espeically 3D) would try to do over time, like visible damage, powering up, or limiting specials and one super to a bar. I thought it odd how SF4 could've taken advantage of visible damaging with 3D graphics and didn't. Using those elements and re-working the engine to make it less stiff (and new moves) SNK could make something really great out of an AOF4.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
The AOF characters really didn't get good til they hit other series... My favorite Robert is in NGBC... My favorite Yuri is in KOF2K1... They could do an AOF4, but more characters need to be exposed imo... SNK just uses the popular ones, but there are other ones who need at least some KOF exposure...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 08:20:56 PM »

Some do care, and AOF did a lot of things that I'd wish more fighters (espeically 3D) would try to do over time, like visible damage, powering up, or limiting specials and one super to a bar. I thought it odd how SF4 could've taken advantage of visible damaging with 3D graphics and didn't. Using those elements and re-working the engine to make it less stiff (and new moves) SNK could make something really great out of an AOF4.

But still, it will not caught that much attention, even though I always thought that if SNK one day wants to try a 3d game, AOF should be the game, the juggles system in AOF 3 was a good idea poorly executed

And about AOF characters needing more exposure, The problem is that all the characters from AOF are horrible designs, with the exceptions of all the characters that already had appeared on KOF (And Eiji was at the beggining lame too, somehow in KOF they made him more cool)

The rest of the cast from the first 2 AOF games are generic as hell, and SNK reached an even higher level of generic designs with AOF 3, the only solution to made those characters appear again is reboot and change their designs.

The only character that I could see working in this moment are Robert's bodyguard and maybe Todo, this last one thanks to Kasumi

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 09:45:27 PM »
Eiji was beefed in KOF98 and then even more in KOFXI... A few other characters got beefed up as well... I personally liked how Ryo became Mr. Karate and his style slightly changed... Takuma seems to have a complete overhaul imo...

Mr. Big is pimp... Plus he's been a threat in every game he's in... He and Kasumi seem to be the popular add-ons aside from the usual AOF Ryo, Robert, Takuma, and Yuri...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 12:49:46 AM »
And you're forgeting king

There's a reason of why the last debuting AOF characters were Kasumi and Mr Big in 96 (well, and Young Geese in NeoWave, but this was an exception), while Fatal Fury has debuting characters in almost every single entry (hell, even Hwa friggin Jai make it to the game) at this point I see more chances to see Lawrence Blood, Cheng Hinzan or Hon Fu than any other AOF character

Well, I'm still expecting the long awaited debut of Michael Max and Axel Hawk how will create a boxing gym team with Heavy D, maybe Mickie just to make more sense

Waifu Material

Adnan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2010, 02:30:54 AM »
Also, since it's supposed to be the Fatal Fury series' 20th Anniversary...next year, I think...we can only expect more Fatal Fury characters lol. I'm convinced that a Tung Fu Rue- Jin Chonshu- Kid Vegeta Jin Chonrei team would be cool, now that they've brought Hwa Jai back from the grave.

As far as AOF characters go...the only ones I feel have any chance of returning are Lee Pai Long (if they're going for a Sennin/Old Masters team without wanting to move Takuma or Chin from where they are now, he'd fit in kinda nicely. He also was in NGBC...) and maybe John Crawley (Heidern - Whip - John as an alternate army-themed team to Ikari Warriors team?), although perhaps that's stretching it a bit. Also, wasn't AOF the game with the whip girl...called Lenny? ._.

@Sibarraz: SNK almost has enough boxers to make their own dedicated boxing game/based fighting game lol. Vanessa, Rick Stroud, SHEN WOO, Heavy D!, Mickey, Michael Max, Axel Hawk, Rob Python (Buriki One)...that's all I can think of...
~~~

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »
Gals Fighters !!!  ;a

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 05:04:10 PM »
I voted for Fatal Fury, although I want new game from every series :)

After KOF, Fatal Fury is my favorite SNK fighter series. I just love that plane switch system and the characters.

I've read that SNK was almost finished making sequel to Mark of the Wolves for Neo Geo, but they dropped support after that. I also read an artilce from few years back that they are going to use graphics that sounded like modern KOF games (XII and XIII). But they are going take their time making it, because there is so low demand for the sequel. I also heard that there would be new character, who is Joe Higashi's aprentice and she would grappler.

But I still hope that game would be released. And the plane system is must for that game.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?