Author Topic: 1P Mode Discussion  (Read 10752 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
1P Mode Discussion
« on: September 27, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »
It is almost universally agreed that a good fighting game lies in how good the vs. mode is. I myself agree with this. However, that doesn't mean that the 1P mode should never be talked about. Some people like myself like playing fighting games for the 1P mode. I like the challenge of being able to beat all the opponents to get to the end of the game, where I fight the powerful boss.

So, since I have never played KOF XIII ( :(), what can you tell me about the 1P mode? How hard is the AI? The bosses? Tell me everything.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: 1P Mode Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 05:46:43 AM »
Saiki is not that bad, could be really cheap, but he overall doesn't require to use some exploit to beat him

Same with dark ash, but this one is worse, he can take 70% of your life without that much of effort, at times his b_f + P could lead to big combos, and the move is really fast

The rest is very forgettable, fighting against the teams is not hard.

I will dare to say that is more easy than 2000 or 97 which IMO are the easiest KOF in 1p mode

Waifu Material

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 08:52:14 PM »
What are the requirements to fight Saiki? I know there are some, because you supposedly get a "bad ending" if you don't meet the requirements to fight Saiki.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »
To be honest, I don't know, I always end fighting against dark ash and saiki

Waifu Material

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 12:42:16 AM »
There's a point requirement, but it's pretty lenient. At the end of the sixth stage, you need to have over 2.5 million points. If you have less than that, you get the bad ending.

Little known fact, but there are also different congratulations screens depending on your score. If it's less than 3 million, you just see your team on the screen. If it's between 3 and 4 million, you get your characters plus some others. If it's over 4 million, you get all characters plus fireworks. (At least, I think that's how it goes.)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 04:36:48 AM »
Really? That's awesome Rex Dart, it gaves me a fatal fury special vibe seeing all characters, that's a motivation to get a better score on 1p

Waifu Material

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 06:11:08 AM »
2.5 million points?

Makes me wonder how the points system is like in this game.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 06:15:14 AM »
doesn't completing the side missions during arcade battles give you a point boost as well as a few other bonuses?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 07:30:05 PM »
What? There are side missions?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
2.5 million points?

Makes me wonder how the points system is like in this game.

Like most KOFs, you get points based on how much life and time you have left over at the end of the round. You get bonuses for perfects and for straight victories. New to XIII is a bonus for your max combo.

Courtesy of SAB:

doesn't completing the side missions during arcade battles give you a point boost as well as a few other bonuses?

The three bonuses you can get are (1) 50% drive guage (2) 1 super bar or (3) 10,000 points. But I'm not sure what determines which bonus you get. Usually I get one of the first two, and only get the point boost near the very end of the round, but it might just be random?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 07:24:47 PM »
The three bonuses you can get are (1) 50% drive guage (2) 1 super bar or (3) 10,000 points. But I'm not sure what determines which bonus you get. Usually I get one of the first two, and only get the point boost near the very end of the round, but it might just be random?

Are you talking about the challenges on the upper left? (ie perform drive cancel, etc.)
For completing those you should get 1/2 drive, 1/2 super, and points all at once.

Also about leniency for the good endings, I've actually never succeeded in seeing the bad ending and I'm not an amazing player at XIII - it's pretty lenient :P

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 12:01:07 AM »
Sorry, my memory sucks. Also, it's been way too long since I've played XIII.  :(

Also, welcome to DC BioBooster!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 08:04:44 AM »
OK, seriously: what side missions?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 08:25:02 AM »
If I had to take a wild guess (and it's a pretty damn wild one considering I've seen all of maybe 20 seconds of XIII's Arcade Mode), he may be referencing the top-left challenges you get during a match to where you have to do a Drive Cancel, or perform a Super Cancel or a DM or something of that ilk.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 03:50:24 PM »
Thanks Rex! (Will have to post something on Meet & Greet when I get a chance)

Have been a hard-core KOF man for as long as I can remember \(^o^)/

@Saitsuofleaves - that's exactly right. For beginners it's a really nice idea as it makes 1P more engaging. For folks who've been around XIII a bit, the sorts of stuff that they do normally will unintentionally bring in those bonuses and provide more resources for combos (drive/super) which is a nice way to play 1P without having to necessarily be in training mode.