Author Topic: The Binding of Isaac (from one of the creators of Super Meat Boy)  (Read 1545 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
http://store.steampowered.com/app/113200/

There's even a demo you can play: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/581168

It's only $5 on Steam and I recommend it if you're in the mood for a different kind of shooter. Pretty funny and twisted on top of that. My only gripes with it are: The lack of being able to shoot diagonally. And the frustration of finding weapon upgrades. You're main weapon (tears) is pitiful to start with, the fire rate is okay and so is the range, but the damage is awful and most enemies take at least 2-4 hits to kill. As you progress through the game you get upgrades either by defeating bosses or stumbling upon an upgrade in a golden room or in a random treasure chest. The problem is that the game has a bias to give you Range upgrades (pretty worthless) instead of Damage and Fire rate upgrades which you desperately need mid-way through the game.

There's also a ton of items you can use, but they're abilities are never labeled which leads to a fun/frustrating game of trial and error with items.

Aside from that I'd recommend it.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: The Binding of Isaac (from one of the creators of Super Meat Boy)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »
friend of mine told me about this and been meaning to pick it up but if been to busy playing the gundemonium collection on steam

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 10:23:16 PM »
Fuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkk.

I beat the game last night but I'm trying to beat the real last boss. I got to it maybe twice. This time I got an item that skips levels except for the very last. I make it to the boss, one heart left, I'm kicking it's ass, it's down to 25% health and one random enemy throws a bomb and kills me instantly.

I admire that kind of difficulty, it reminds me of Contra: Hard Corps (most underrated Contra by far) and how brutally hard that game was but you kept playing it trying to get all the endings.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 12:52:39 AM »
I beat the hell out of this game. I think I beat it at least 12 times now. Fun. It's a little bullethell-esque at times so if  you've played more than a few of those kind of games you shouldn't get raped too hard.

If the game sells well there's some free DLC coming around Halloween.