Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362010 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Patch Note edition
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 09:31:36 PM »
I wouldn't mind having to pay for such outfits, specially the old costumes of Mature and Vice, the new ones are too plain and way too boring.

But i doubt that's gonna happen tho, there is a difference between a "sprite mod" (or whatever it's called) and a new set of sprites.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 09:39:49 PM »
YES couldn't agree more. If they were in their old outfits, but in the style of the current sprite-work, man that would have so much appeal. Their secretary outfits are fine, but just not as good IMO.

My hopes are slim for them providing the old costumes for the reasons you mention, but man would be mad respect to SNKP if they snuck in an easter egg like that. Yup, like you, I'd definitely pay for a package like that which would hopefully include a few more chrs.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 10:20:15 PM »
I actually like the secretary outfits they have now, but flowy dresses always add to the dynamic nature of movement.

But the amount of work it'd take to make such things, is part of why I think it'd be great for DLC; such offering are always a "premium" compared to what's included with game. Compare how complex a character Iori WTPOF is compared to, say, Billy Kane; of how many more new animations NEST Kyo will need, compared to how much Saiki gets, after being based off Ash.

I wouldn't mind seeing DLC Packs (per team? Or just 1 per team? anything), with an option to buy them seperately as well. I also think it'd increase the value of the DLC characters, if they came with such alts as well, but that might be a little much.

I'd love to see Flame Iori with Unique colors of Claw Iori's outfits, NEST Kyo with Colors (and voice) of "Potential Unlocked!" Shingo, and Mr. Karate with Kushnood / Marco's head and voices.

A lot of it is probably asking way too much, but it's fun to dream... :)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 11:50:16 PM »
Maybe it's cause I missed it, but have there been no Kim changes to the console version?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 11:54:06 PM »
Maybe it's cause I missed it, but have there been no Kim changes to the console version?

Kim will be included in next week's batch of 8. The way this has been going, I think he has the potential to get some interesting changes.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 12:19:31 AM »
But the amount of work it'd take to make such things, is part of why I think it'd be great for DLC; such offering are always a "premium" compared to what's included with game. Compare how complex a character Iori WTPOF is compared to, say, Billy Kane; of how many more new animations NEST Kyo will need, compared to how much Saiki gets, after being based off Ash.

Well I'm extremely hype about NESTS Kyo, but worried that due to the amount of animations that'd be necessary he may end up with only his strong rekkas and not have weak variations. Even so, would still be getting him.

I hope it's Kyo in all his glory, but imagine he might end up looking like this based on what was possible during development (similar to how they did Billy).

• Oniyaki
  • Strong Rekkas (finishable with Oniyaki)
  • 75-Shiki-Kai
  • R.E.D Kick
  • 212-Shiki Kototsuki You
  • Super: Mushiki
  • NeoMax: (maybe 524 Shiki- Kamukura??)
*note 3 moves transferrable from regular Kyo

Happy with this, but anything more (hoping for more) would be some real service for Kyo players XD
On the other hand if he gets the same love flame iori did, we're in for a nice surprise  ;)

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 01:17:07 AM »
I'd really hope NESTS Kyo has his weak rekkas, since they're the ones with actually variety.

Is that the dancing punch (hcb+K)?

• Super: Mushiki
  • NeoMax: (maybe 524 Shiki- Kamukura??)
More likely Orochi Nagi than the others for regular DM, I'd think...it'd just too classic for Kyo (plus both Ioris have Maiden Masher).  As for NM, either the grab HSDM from shin Kyo, the other DM from shin Kyo, or the other DM from Kyo-2 will probably be the base for it.  Leaning towards the HSDM, since it giving characters a command grab as a NM is already there with Duo Lon and Ash.
Old man/bad player

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 01:31:43 AM »
As I mentioned on the IPW post, these changes are really good. Raiden'll get a lot of damage off of his command grabs and really make people careful against him, but that's okay.

Other characters like Terry and King only got small attention, but I feel that's all they really needed. Almost all of Terry's normal moves are safe on block and some even on whiff and they have more utility. He can also combo from any light move now (Not stand alone, but still really good). That makes it easier to get in for damage.

King got the same treatment, but she's pretty solid. The stand alone slide has more utility now to get under fireballs or get aggressive with moves. It extends her combo range since she can tag people with the end of her df+D and get in for some damage. That alone is a really big deal for King players as her combo starter was not very safe. Some of her moves become even faster too so she'll dominate in the air and rushdown on the ground. And did anyone consider her j.D active frames being longer? With jump-ins being harder, being able to tag people with an easy jump attack could push her over the top in offensive edge.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 01:36:21 AM »
I'd really hope NESTS Kyo has his weak rekkas, since they're the ones with actually variety.

Gonna' expose my scrubbiness for a second but Kyo is an odd Rekka character. Compare him to others like Fei Long, Yang from 3S, or even Iori and he plays differently. It just seems like he uses the first Rekka as a poke 9 times out of 10 and rarely follows through with the whole thing or the overhead version.

Or is it just me?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 01:46:56 AM »
The overheads are pretty punishable and not really a mixup, since he can't do them at a point where he can also do a low.  Basically, they should only hit if your opponent either lacks knowledge or is drunk.

Likewise, the only fairly safe points for NESTS Kyo's rekkas are the first qcf+A or the third input K, unlike the others you mentioned who can use 1 input vs 2 inputs with delay vs 2 inputs with delay plus immediate 3rd (if you're really feeling your yomi's hot) to keep themselves safe.
Old man/bad player

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 02:05:29 AM »

Is that the dancing punch (hcb+K)?

i hope he gets the weak rekkas as well, and 212 shiki kototsuki is regular kyo's running grab.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 03:45:01 AM »
If it was NESTS style, shouldn't it be Hikigane instead of Kototsuki? I like Kototsuki and all but I don't mind it to be Hikigane either.

Here's another question. What version of Nanase (qcf+A,qcf+P,K) do you think he'll get?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:48:41 AM by Aenthin »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 04:12:02 AM »
Sans-culotte (ABCD) has had its damage scaling adjusted. It scales more overall.

What does this mean exactly? Sans Culotte does less damage in combo now?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 04:44:26 AM »
Sans-culotte (ABCD) has had its damage scaling adjusted. It scales more overall.

What does this mean exactly? Sans Culotte does less damage in combo now?

Yes, generally.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 05:25:49 AM »
Yeah says that scaling occurs more easily for sans-cullotte compared to the arcade.

Re: NESTS Kyo,

Hope he gets the Hikigane instead as well, or maybe one of my favorites the hcb+B move that did those two advancing punches and hcb+D was the launching version (think it was 99 when we saw that and brought back later as a DM).

So the reason I listed Kototsuki Yo instead of Hikigane in the scenario above was bc a less dev-intensive scenario was being imagined.

For me Mushiki is Rekka Kyo's main DM, figured the rekka frames would get recycled for it. 524 Shiki Kamukura was his hcbX2+AC throw DM which Also involves rekka frames.

Yeah I would love it if they go to town and he gets his weak rekkas and a cool new NM.