Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362131 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
I like most of Billy's movements honestly. The Bo-snap back looks nicely exaggerated, to make it seem powerful, his slide most is very NESTS saga like in it's use of a smoothly animated "stiff" motion for a slide, and his actual attacks look solid. I would have been happy if they used this delay to better animate his stance, though.

I think I'll make a TMNT Donatello  Billy on console for Kicks... XD

As far as the 2 versions of Kyo/Iori... they're both different enough for people to have a preference. I'm glad SNKP is bold enough to change them in games on their own, but I'm happy for the fans that they get a choice in the end, too. It DOES annoy me when people act like the new versions are inferior, just because they're used to the old ones, though.

------

Watching the UK Stream Replay:

Very nice to see Kensou OCV at about 46~47 min in. And it's nice to see Iori WTPOF's stage being used in normal fights.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:58:09 PM by SAB-CA »

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2011, 10:02:52 PM »
press B for BUTTON CONFIG reconfirmed! Point this out in tourneys all the time plz

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2011, 10:25:37 PM »
And WHAT exactly is new with XIII Kyo?  His moveset comes from older movesets as well.  Rekka Kyo didn't come first.  Hell, Rekka Kyo came about by the thing you're saying, to avoid Kyo becoming stagnant.  

Yeah, XIII Kyo is the post older version.  Rekkas Kyo is more refreshing and original IMO than shoto Kyo.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:29:31 PM by Kane317 »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2011, 10:28:56 PM »
press B for BUTTON CONFIG reconfirmed! Point this out in tourneys all the time plz

Sadly, the button config still is choosing the option for the button instead of just pressing it

Waifu Material

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2011, 10:56:49 PM »
EX Kyo? ;-;

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2011, 11:07:50 PM »
Billy standing animation are fine considering that Clark has the lowest amount of animation in his stance than billy, billy, king, kim all have an average of 9-10 frames in there standing animation, Characters like Ralf have over 30+ frames.

It's less about how many, and more about how they're used, for me. Clark's rotating arms, and the smooth animation of Kim's Gi all look like nice, well-defined animations, with elements of limb rotation, cloth deformation, etc, to make them look kinda complex. Billy has some of the stiffest-looking, straight-down arms in the game, which is just a bit odd. The few intricate things they added to nis animation, being his finger movement and SLIGHT diagonal shift of his staff at one point, just don't stand out. If they made him bend his arms at the elbow, so his lower arms could raise and play with the perspective just a little bit, or make his breathing animation in to a "hopping back and forward" type motion, that used more so the same frames, but gave a little sway to the back of his bandana, plus add a little rotation to his feet / lower legs, to show the press-back and leap-forward motion, then that would have made him look a bit more lively.

Nothing that'll keep me from playing him or anything, but there's a lot of "Billy looks half done!" commentary out there, and I think the base of those thoughts are set by his stance, and maybe the fact he's missing his counters.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2011, 11:09:39 PM »
damn the vid is private now :( and i miss it... some hint to exactly minute to point on the stream archived? i'm hyped like hell :O

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2011, 11:11:07 PM »

Sadly, the button config still is choosing the option for the button instead of just pressing it

Seriously?! Damn it SNKP!

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2011, 11:40:50 PM »
For those that are interested, KOFXIII sprite rips -

http://www.justnopoint.com/lbends/index.php?location=sprites&gallery=kofxiii

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2011, 12:17:50 AM »

I'm just glad they got the On-char-select button config there. Though I'd still love to see the press = set thing added in somehow. Maybe patched in? Who knows...

@Sab kof xiii Clark standing animation has 7 frames compared to 2002 clark with around 39 frames, the first 4 frames of billy standing animation has him inhaling (4 frames of upper body moving up within 4 frames 1 frame of hand movement), the remain 5 frames has him exhaling while lowering the stick in his hand, at the end of the day billy is no more finish than king or clark

And that's fine... like I said, I care not how many frames, I'm talking about what you do with them. Kings animation looks nice and fluid, Clark's has more ambitious motion (though I know it's not by much, haha). I'm more concerned with secondary animation & the style of movement presented.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2011, 03:45:03 AM »

I'm just glad they got the On-char-select button config there. Though I'd still love to see the press = set thing added in somehow. Maybe patched in? Who knows...

What bothers me is that they do so many good thing so far, yet they screwed up in a simple part. I mean, thanks to all the guys who went at EVO, they all let SNKP know that kind of button config was the best. I give them credit for a lot of things, but come on, after been told by fans and after a delay. I think, it's unthinkable of them of not doing such a change, I won't say it's that simple to do or not, but they now had the time to do it. I hope they add it and not as a patch.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2011, 04:30:30 AM »

What bothers me is that they do so many good thing so far, yet they screwed up in a simple part. I mean, thanks to all the guys who went at EVO, they all let SNKP know that kind of button config was the best. I give them credit for a lot of things, but come on, after been told by fans and after a delay. I think, it's unthinkable of them of not doing such a change, I won't say it's that simple to do or not, but they now had the time to do it. I hope they add it and not as a patch.
Maybe they forgot to do so, lol...

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2011, 04:55:34 AM »
I think as far as priorities go, changing the button config would rate very low.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2011, 05:08:14 AM »
I think as far as priorities go, changing the button config would rate very low.

It seems, since having new Japanese voice samples got a higher priority. =/

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2011, 05:33:07 AM »
I think we should edit the title of this thread: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Complaint log edition

I feel like people are more concerned about features, than the game itself. Next thing you know, you don't like the menu music. The font looks ugly. The manual isn't enough pages. The disc isn't shiny enough or perfectly round. The game case makes a weird noise when it opens.

Guess what? The console version isn't out yet. You don't know what it will or won't have. Other places are excited about character changes/balance and system mechanics, but here we're digressing about what the game should have when it's not even out. What if you don't get what you want? Are you not going to buy it? Does it make XIII a bad game?

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but chill out, community.