Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362147 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2011, 12:04:33 AM »
You know what will get DLC characters more future serious consideration for tourney players?  Making them not suck.  Shuma was and honestly still is for Ultimate, really, really bad.  Bottom 5 for sure.

Jill was released late as a very technical character, when Wolvie/Akuma and Phoenix teams which require very little execution were dominating.  I mean, look at Viper, she's arguably top in the game...and yet there's only two people that have actually DONE anything with her (MarlinPie of course, and then Chrisis had a top 8 appearance not too long ago) because for all her advantages...why put in work with her when you can get the same work with easier characters?

Jill and Shuma were horrible choices for DLC characters.  Jill could've been opened up so much more at this point had she not been DLC.  I mean, honestly, the DLC characters (if we had to had them from this roster) should've been Sentinel and Akuma I guess (couldn't think of a decent one for the Capcom side honestly).  Would've easily moved units and would've fit the mold perfectly.

And for the most part of TO's banning them or trying to rid us of DLC characters, I was joking (hard to make it obvious on the internet).  I'm very aware that they aren't going anywhere as games are steadily making the push to be fully digital based.  But companies don't care all too much about the tournament scene as it's a far and away minority of who buy the games (at least the initial versions, obviously the % increases with subsequent releases of updates).  So unfortunately we just have to deal with it.

At least in this case, of all the characters that could be DLC, I'm perfectly fine with it being EX characters, especially versions of characters we've already seen in the past.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2011, 01:05:07 AM »
*nod* I was on the phone while replying first, so even if your joke was more obvious, I might have glossed over it, haha.

Anywho, in the end, yeah, Jill and Shuma were horrid DLC options. Shuma shouldn't have been SO BAD (I should know, I really tried to like him!), and he could still use some serious hitbox fixes, and damage + combo consistency work. And Jill, as you said, her depth is counter-intuative to the game.

SNKP is doing a lot better with their choices. That said, I wouldn't mind if they gave us fresh new characters down the road (at a time when they should release a new disk release with all content included, for ease of getting players into the constantly-growing game easily.)

I like how receptive SNKP is at this point, with their choices, however. That interview from earlier today seems to hint that they have an ear to the fans outcries and concerns, and the changelog for console seems to prove it. I really hope this keeps up post-release, and into future releases... I'm quite happy with how XIII is turning out right now, and I'd love to be singing it praises for the foreseeable future.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2011, 01:17:54 AM »
Yeah, but I still don't like the cocktease of EX Kyo at the MCM Expo and yet still get nothing on him.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2011, 01:20:42 AM »
Very understandable. You'd think someone would at least give us GAMEPLAY impressions. But I can see why they didn't want him on Camera or anything; it'd suck to have all this marketing and reveal stuff planned... only for one of your associates to ruin it all by letting the ball drop earlier than planned.

Getting to see Iori so in-depth kinda made up for it though. KINDA.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2011, 01:27:06 AM »
Very understandable. You'd think someone would at least give us GAMEPLAY impressions. But I can see why they didn't want him on Camera or anything; it'd suck to have all this marketing and reveal stuff planned... only for one of your associates to ruin it all by letting the ball drop earlier than planned.

Getting to see Iori so in-depth kinda made up for it though. KINDA.

The interesting question is:  Was the "reveal" of Nest/Ex Kyo intentional or not?  On one hand, they took down the clip which is very telling.  On the other hand, they purposely let Flame Iori beat him up and made sure he didn't move to not "reveal" anything on how he plays. 

My money is on it being deliberately done.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2011, 01:36:44 AM »
So a Capcom strategy?  Because I honestly think the UMvC3 leak was intentional, and it was probably the best thing that could've possibly happened for that game.  Dunno if this would work the same way.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2011, 02:13:52 AM »
Nostalgia: Remember that gameplay demo of the arcade version WAAAAAAAAAAY back, where Saiki's name appeared in the opponents' team?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2011, 02:34:48 AM »
Nostalgia: Remember that gameplay demo of the arcade version WAAAAAAAAAAY back, where Saiki's name appeared in the opponents' team?

...Yes

It was on a video that showed Kyo's NeoMAX

In other words, it was way back when people were getting all excited about NeoMAXes (damn, that's a long time back!)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2011, 02:48:27 AM »
The interesting question is:  Was the "reveal" of Nest/Ex Kyo intentional or not?  On one hand, they took down the clip which is very telling.  On the other hand, they purposely let Flame Iori beat him up and made sure he didn't move to not "reveal" anything on how he plays. 

My money is on it being deliberately done.

Hmm, who do you think is the guilty party? RSG, SNKP, Atlus Persona's forging very controlling social links? Threats from the Rock of Ages? Held up at gunpoint by a HEAVY MACHINE GUN?

The "Colored like the XIII originals" scheme was a nice little way to make it less-obvious, and the fact it was in Karate's stage... So many nice ways to only make it REALLY exciting to deep fans, and just another video for others... it'd be a very sly trick.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2011, 03:07:36 AM »
im seriously ready to see how nest kyo turns outs they made iori like 20 times more badass i cant even imagine what they did to kyo

offtopic: the persona 4 anime is FUCKING AMAZING!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2011, 10:37:25 AM »
I'm hoping the blog comes out real soon. I can't sleep and I wanna see what's up next real bad.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2011, 12:09:17 PM »
That's hell unexpected. I'll start working on it once I get home unless someone gets there before me.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2011, 12:13:15 PM »
That's hell unexpected. I'll start working on it once I get home unless someone gets there before me.

Professor mentioned that tomorrow is a national holiday for Japan so they're releasing it early.  *Looks at Duo Lon* =)

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2011, 01:09:25 PM »
Like Andy, Duo Lon looks too beast to not play.  So many characters I want to play.  And they brought back Rekka Kyo.  I have around 3 teams I want to run. Some mix of:
-Kyo
-NESTS Kyo
-K'
-Andy
-New Iori
-Classic Iori
-Robert
-Takuma
-Duo Lon
-Benimaru

The EX Iron Trigger>Second Shoot changes has some ideas floating around in my head.  SNKP did a good job with these EX moves.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.