Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362120 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2011, 01:27:48 PM »
Professor finished a rough draft of the translation stating specifically he does not want it copy and pasted until it's finalized.  Check it out here for now.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 02, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »
Maxima can cancel into other moves while in autoguard! That's friggin' awesome!

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 02, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »
That's hell unexpected. I'll start working on it once I get home unless someone gets there before me.

Professor mentioned that tomorrow is a national holiday for Japan so they're releasing it early.  *Looks at Duo Lon* =)

Yeah was planning on using the holiday for some nice relaxing translation O.o

Damn, I have to take a conf call from work so can start in 1hr1/2 or so  T_T

Hahah isn't it like 5:30 over there?? Like a true man of KOF ;)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 02, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »
I don't like Yuri, DuoLon, K' and Kula buffs. These characters don't need any buff. As i said before, all this sounds like "let's buff everyone".

so, can DuoLon cancel qcf+AC and f+K without using Drive meter? :/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:40:04 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 02, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »
Here's the intro:

Hello everyone.

It’s the fourth character adjustment post.
Through all of these updates we’ve been informing you of the changes which stand out the most. Other changes which are not mentioned on the blog are everywhere. Please make sure to check them out! So this is the last round so the characters on the list are predetermined but figured we should do it till it’s done with random select! As such we’ve used it to flush out the order below. Remember, we had less than a 25% chance to land on these characters so there was quite a bit of time spent on the select screen…

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 02, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »
Loving all the buffs to the characters, makes it feel like a whole new installment instead of a port with slight adjustments.

The change on the back dash to make it into a defensive option is very interesting. Its like the backdash in MOTW but without the invincibility. Won't be a smart thing to do against someone with anywhere juggle moves though (unless you are invincible during the reset).

K' gets his anywhere juggle QCB+K and ex super back, should make his play style more interesting and varied (he was fun to watch in KOFXI).

Those Yuri, Kensou and Duolon combos looked pretty damn sweet, this games combo system continues to deliver.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:58:00 PM by Diavle »

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2011, 02:58:27 PM »
Yeah here's the bit about backdashing and something interesting not seen in the vid.

System:
*Backstep goes into air status in 1 frame. It can now be used in reversal situations to aid in providing options for escaping wake up attacks.
-Guard gauge replenish and rate: Gauge regain after blocking an attack occurs earlier than in the arcade, but the rate of regain is slower than in the arcade.

And now I'm afraid it's time for an hour of work.

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2011, 03:22:23 PM »
I'm not liking the changes to backdashes..... =.=

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2011, 03:50:34 PM »
(O.O) - First off, Thanks, Bio!

I... Didn't expect this today! LoL. Also, I didn't expect to like these characters changes as much! Gotta go over it all in detail;

System Changes: I thought I saw alot of avoidance of crouching roundhouses on wakeup lately! That sounds pretty big for KoF crouch-low-spam, and like it'll bring a new dimension to wakeup games. Unexpected, but welcome!

Kensou: WOHOO! He can get combos off his chain combo! (So He, Andy, and Terry are the only ones who can, it seems?) Looks like you have to link for this to happen, but that's cool; I love these changes that are making him seem like such a serious little martial artist. Quicker fireball recovery gives a buff to his zoning games and his corner combo damage. Along with what we knew, he seems much better.

Yuri: I like how her DP buff basically gives her "Chou Uppa! ! DOUBLE!" back, in some form. I'd missed that about her. She got an anywhere juggle buff to her d.flip -> air throw (this is cool, wish this was a universal air throw change, lol), and the jump.a -> divekick idea is pretty nice, a nice reaction to lowered jumpstun from arcade version. A great encouragement to the KoF superior Airplay VS most other games. Otherwise, her buffs seem to fall in line with what the other Kyokugen's recieved, so it's all good. She didn't need buffs as much, but I think it keeps her in line with the other console characters, and helps her stand out individually more, which is great.

Sexima (thanks prof! (T_T)): CANCELLABLE GUARD POINT??!?!?! -throws a party- With all the others getting GP variety now, I'm glad to see Maxima still knows how to use it best! The Buff to EX Maxima Press FINALLY being able to hit after counter hits (Enabling a new extension after EX Vapor Cannon, and a dangerous followup to counter-hits) is something I've wanted to see since the beginning. Any buff to the M9 command normal is great, I love what that move has become since 2002UM. It's so much more solid and versatile, and makes it so I don't miss MONGOLIAN as much. Hop C -> EX Air Vapor is a better, meatier, nastier overhead option, anyway. I don't even care about the random Makushima-Puuressu EX Nerf; they raised it's combo options, so it's more for THAT now, to me, anyway.

Duo Lon: So, basically, since he's the only one of the "new" hero team, that doesn't have his Leader DM, they have him the ability to replicate it's "brokeness" through EX moves, now. Oh, Ok. He's absolutely crazy now. Makes me wanna get over my poor execution of his Rekka's, and make him a full member of a team. No way I CAN'T have Vampire Hunter D on the team, right? His combo options are just fun and refreshing now, and I'm glad there hasn't been a removal of his "Corpse Hop" CD trick either, it even showed up in one of the eLive vids. Great, Duo!

Kim Kaphwan: So great that f,f+A can be used to pressure, reguardless of stand or ducking now. I guess he loses the obvious wallbounce corner shenanigan, but gains more solid midscreen pressure, which he'll need with the return of unsafe-on-block Hangetsuzan. Great that he has a chance to use his EX Hisyokyaku to combo now; always wanted that. So will the fierce version of his qcf x2 DM now be useable in vertical-friendly, grounded combos? Or did he just recieve a nice "Get off of me!" knockdown now, that lets him move the enemy back, and set up new pressure / mixup? Kim got more changes than noticed before, and I'm happy for him!

K': Ok.... so the old "best battery ever" now has loads of reason to really, REALLY wanna use meter, while getting most of his meterless high damage combos from arcade taken away / changed. I can live with this. K' having a chaseable fireball with EX is sooooo odd. This is gonna be fun to see in combo vids... He still retains... and even gains, new strength, after now losing out on his stupid lack of recovery from the arcade. A nice balancing trade. And it appears he (liek him) won't be able to DP-style reversal VS low hits on wakeup anymore, which forces them to possibly take advantage of the new backdash 1f runaway. I like this change. More of an anti-air, and less of a total anti-pressure tool.

Kula, guest-start in Skullgirls! (Parasoul has a Kula color Palette): Ok, so... Stand B is an even better pressure tool now, and better combo tool. Ok? It makes her rely on spam crouch B less, which is a nice side effect. It sounds like most of her recovery changes are more to make her reply on using EX for combos, rather than getting so much work out of EX-less options. She lost the Derpversal EX qcb+k, but gained more reasons to use her EXDMs, and... did EX counter shell need a better hitbox? I guess the move had no use in the past (did anyone do anything with it?), so they're encouraging her to use some meter on it now.

Overall: I like these overall changes to make meter-moves much more useful. Characters shine more when they use meter, which makes them more unique, but also, we have a chance that we won't see as many "Save it for final round!" victories, since there's more reason to use meter in the interim matches. This all works out with the increased meter gain from long combos and on guard well; should make the matches much more dynamic to watch, with less falling into long, overly-long combos, and more encouragement of creativity and even character play.

At least... this is what I'd like out of it!

SNKP continued to impress all throughtout the changelogs. They did a great job. These changes do more than just buff the characters, but they also reflect the overall system changes, and are like a re-imaging of the entire game, as a whole. This game truly deserves some serious tourney play, as the new depth added to the arcade cast should really shake up tiers, drive new characters into "main" status, and basically make the game into a very fresh, new experience.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 02, 2011, 03:53:49 PM »
can anyone maybe explain exactly what they did to back dashes in more detail?  im still a noob a mid high level tactics in fighting games so this is completely over my head

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 02, 2011, 04:01:31 PM »
I don't like Yuri, DuoLon, K' and Kula buffs. These characters don't need any buff. As i said before, all this sounds like "let's buff everyone".

so, can DuoLon cancel qcf+AC and f+K without using Drive meter? :/
I don't like Kula personally and want her damned to Hell but buffing characters a bit and changing up their tools is pretty cool to me.  Much better than just a rebalance nerfing.  I mean K' is pretty straight forward in arcade XIII, console K' is already more interesting because of these changes.  I don't just view them as buffs but as changes that make the characters more interesting to play.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:10:53 PM by TYRANNICAL »
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 02, 2011, 04:21:38 PM »
alrighty I was able to shake the cretins off. Commencing....

I'll post everything all at once.

SAB thanks for what looks like an awesome analysis, will check it out when I'm done :)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #237 on: November 02, 2011, 04:24:18 PM »
can anyone maybe explain exactly what they did to back dashes in more detail?  im still a noob a mid high level tactics in fighting games so this is completely over my head

Ok, lets break it down:

*Backstep goes into air status in 1 frame.

This basically means, as soon as you do a backdash, you count as "in the air". Aerial character jump low moves, for one thing. A side effect that I like, as well, is that since you're *not* grounded anymore, any hit that manages to reach you, makes you air-recovery flip, rather than stand still and eat a combo.

It can now be used in reversal situations to aid in providing options for escaping wake up attacks.

For characters without fully invincible Dragon punches, meaty moves on wakeup (moves that start right before you get up, but leave "attacking" hitboxes on the opponent, making them stand up and take a hit, if they don't block) can be a real pain. They either force you into blockstun, or hit you while you're standing on the ground, and start a new combo.

Being able to get into the air, and escaping so fast (as Diavle mentiones, 1f is basically instant), now lets you escape many pressure options on wakeup, and totally avoid low attack pressure when standing up.

Hypothetical: You've probably seen Arcade Kula RUN in at a knockdown, and do a bunch of crouching weak kicks, to hit an opponent on standing, right? Well now, instead of forcing them into blockstun / landing a combo, if you backhop, you'll either completly avoid her crouching lows, or force her to do a standing B, to kinda "chase" after your retreating body. Either way, both these outcomes are MUCH better for you, than getting forced into blocking, or eating a combo.

If you need it any clearer than that, let me know :) Or maybe someone else will provide an answer as well!

alrighty I was able to shake the cretins off. Commencing....

I'll post everything all at once.

SAB thanks for what looks like an awesome analysis, will check it out when I'm done :)

Thanks, and Thanks, lol. Theory fighting is go! ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:38:30 PM by SAB-CA »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 02, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »
can anyone maybe explain exactly what they did to back dashes in more detail?  im still a noob a mid high level tactics in fighting games so this is completely over my head

Basically within 1 frame of doing the backdash (which is pretty much instantly) your character is considered to be in the air.

So if I try to do standing punch into a fireball and you backdash before the punch hits, the standing punch will hit you as if you were in the air, not on the ground. As a result the standing punch will hit but the fireball will miss because you got reset in the air with the standing punch first and are rendered immune to the fireball.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 02, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »
ok thanks makes a little more sense now

and i probably should be taking notes on this stuff too