Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362089 times)

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2011, 04:45:24 PM »
When they say you're in the air, will that mean sweeps miss, or will it mean that they're anti-airs instead of ground hits?

Thinking back to say Mary's mid counter, and how it could catch say, Terry and Leona's sweeps, but not sweeps of some other characters.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »
When they say you're in the air, will that mean sweeps miss, or will it mean that they're anti-airs instead of ground hits?

Thinking back to say Mary's mid counter, and how it could catch say, Terry and Leona's sweeps, but not sweeps of some other characters.

My guess would be flat-low sweep miss (Kula's, Yuri's, Ryo, etc), Higher sweeps (Iori's, possibly Andy's, Terry's) counts as Anti-air.

Yet basically all Crouching B's should miss (Forcing Kula to either use the buffed stand B, or that crouching A you dislike! ;) )

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »
For characters without fully invincible Dragon punches, meaty moves on wakeup (moves that start right before you get up, but leave "attacking" hitboxes on the opponent, making them stand up and take a hit, if they don't block) can be a real pain. They either force you into blockstun, or hit you while you're standing on the ground, and start a new combo.

Being able to get into the air, and escaping so fast (as Diavle mentiones, 1f is basically instant), now lets you escape many pressure options on wakeup, and totally avoid low attack pressure when standing up.
Since the backdash still has 1 frame on the ground initially, I think a meaty attack (including meaty cr.B) should still beat it, unless SNK is secretly adding in some foot invincibility there or something.  So, yeah, not quite as good as reversal backdash in games like GG, Garou, SF4, etc. where it has actual invincibility, but it's still a nice change and better than trying to reversal roll.
Old man/bad player

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
I have a chance to try PS3 version of this game,the loading time after install are much better, after you choose your stage it takes 6-8 seconds to load, for the 2nd and 3rd character it takes 2-3 seconds to load, if you and your opponent have the same character it takes 1/2-1 seconds to load. :D.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2011, 05:04:51 PM »
After watching the changes...I think I'll go with Kensou over Duo for now, I'll probably put Duo on an alternate team to get him down as well.

So main team would be Kensou/King/Hwa Jai and the alt would be...Duo/Saiki/Maxima?  Idk, still working on that second team.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2011, 05:07:59 PM »
In the case of Kula. I wonder if you could do a meaty cr.B on oki, then if they backdash and your cr.B whiffs, you could punish the backdash with, say, freeze execution?

EDIT: @Omegaryuji: Hrm, I understood it as that backdashes are aerial on the first frame?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:12:40 PM by Grokbu »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2011, 05:18:08 PM »
Since the backdash still has 1 frame on the ground initially, I think a meaty attack (including meaty cr.B) should still beat it, unless SNK is secretly adding in some foot invincibility there or something.  So, yeah, not quite as good as reversal backdash in games like GG, Garou, SF4, etc. where it has actual invincibility, but it's still a nice change and better than trying to reversal roll.

*nod* Hm, if looked at like that, I guess it should be said, moreso, that a perfect meaty will still get you, but slightly sloppy ones now will entirely whiff / only hit after the air state, then, eh? Ryo's stand D has pretty quick startup, but maybe it was performed slightly off time than "perfect meaty" timing, in the demo vid?

And you also bring up another good point about the rolls; I've heard that many consider rolls weaker in this game than in past KoFs, so this could be seen as a roundabout modification for that issues as well, eh?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2011, 05:50:01 PM »
Done. Now I get to spend a little time reading up on what everyone's saying \(^o^)/

Hello everyone.

It’s the fourth character adjustment post.
Through all of these updates we’ve been informing you of the changes which stand out the most. Other changes which are not mentioned on the blog are everywhere. Please make sure to check them out! So this is the last round so the characters on the list are predetermined but figured we should do it till it’s done with random select! As such we’ve used it to flush out the order below. Remember, we had less than a 25% chance to land on these characters so there was quite a bit of time spent on the select screen…

(*)in the video

System:
*Backstep goes into air status in 1 frame. It can now be used in reversal situations to aid in providing options for escaping wake up attacks.
-Guard gauge replenish and rate: Gauge regain after blocking an attack occurs earlier than in the arcade, but the rate of regain is slower than in the arcade.

Kensou:
*Air EX qcb.P starts up faster
*s.B>C is now a target combo. Follow ups possible after it hits.
*His punch super is now a 1 frame throw
*When air qcb.P hits, it can be canceled with a special or greater
*His fb’s recovery time is improved

Yamamoto:
Aside from being a good way to disrupt guard, his punch super can be used effectively to catch opponents who roll past his fb. His fb game has improved and can be used as a central strategy now that the recovery is better. His air qcb.P can be cancelled with any special and the new s.B>C target combo can be linked by following with c.B or s.D. I recommend using these changes aggressively along with his fb whilst minding distances.

Yuri:
*The distance travelled on her dp as well as the angle of descent has been adjusted
*Her air throw coming off of dp.K has special follow up properties
(special follow up properties –ie- versus normal situations where an opponents in an air status that cannot be followed up on with subsequent attacks)
-s.B is faster
*j.A can be cancelled with her dive kick
-Movement limits on Yuri’s dive kick have been relaxed <maybe this means the move can be initiated in more frames during jump?>
*Her hcb.B is now a 1 frame cmd throw
-The invincibility after attack frames on EX hcb.K has been shortened
-Recovery on haoh-shokoken improved

Yamamoto:
Depending on which buttons get pressed on hcb.K, a 1 frame throw, a running throw, an invincible attack, the properties of the move change dramatically so it will be necessary to use the variations according to the situation. This will be a versatile weapon in her arsenal so please give the move a try in depth. The real spectacle here is her air throw from dp.K which is now a hit-anything move. Try racking up on damage in various situations!

Maxima:
-df.C has better recovery
*No recoil after air vapor canon
*Guard points on normal are now cancellable by specials
*Hit box on the follow up to EX Maxima Press improved. Can now hit from counter CD.
-No bounce back when EX Maxima Press is guarded. He’s now more vulnerable to punishes.

Yamamoto:
df.C can be used effectively as an early (okiwaza) anti-air as the recovery has improved. Also counter df.C and counter j.CD can be followed by EX Maxima Press for extra damage, possible to counter-confirm. Pressuring the opponent by earning precise follow-up damage is the ideal way to play Maxima.

Duo Lon:
*Hit stun on EX f.A is adjusted. It is possible to combo with a strong attack or qcb.A after EX f.A.
*EX rekka can be cancelled with a special or greater
*fb frames have been adjusted. It is now easier to include the weak version in attacks strings and combos as it is faster.
*f.B can be cancelled by super or greater
-Damage adjusted on NM from 400 to 480

Yamamoto:
f.B, aside from one shot cancels, the following is also possible: f.A>qcb.B>f.B>super ,so a f.A intitiated hit confirm combo. His fb is now easier to leave on the screen so coordinate attacks with it on the screen.

Kim:
*Recovery on EX Hishoukyaku improved. Follow-ups possible.
*ff.A has been improved to hit crouching opponents who are in hit stun.
-Recovery on hangetsuzan lengthened
*Air hangetsuzan hits crouching opponents who are in hit stun. However, upwards hitbox has been reduced.
*EX hangetsuzan has better recovery when blocked
-Properties of fbx2.K have changed. Both versions below have extended recovery on a whiff
Weak ver: Invincible, blows back opponent horizontally
Strong ver: No invincibility, launches straight up
-Weak Hienzan has less invincible frames. Also note well that invincibility is upper body only.
*EX Air phoenix kick added. There are a few frames of invincibility on the initial attack frames.

Yamamoto:
Hangetsuzan isn’t safe on guard so be careful. On the other hand is ff.A can hit crouching opponents in hit stun and EX hangetsuzan can be followed by ff.A in the middle of the screen so regardless of the opponent’s status or distance there will always be combo options available to Kim. So a little bit of a change, let’s use various moves to rush the opponent down without giving them a break!

K’:
*EX Ein trigger > 2nd shoot properties have been changed. The projectile hits twice and gradually increases in speed.
-Hit box and attack frames have been altered on j.B and j.D
*Air minute spike anywhere juggles
*Recovery improved on minute spike
-Recovery lengthened on Ein trigger – includes 2nd shoot/2nd shell
-Recovery lengthened for narrow spike when blocked
-Weak crow bites has less invincibility. Note that it is only upper body invincible.
-Minute spike properties changed (includes air). Move initiates at a consistent speed regardless of distance to the opponent.
*EX chain drive has special hit properties.

Yamamoto:
Although there are several nerfs, it is possible to score extra damage using air minute spike and the special hit properties on chain drive which was not possible in the arcade. You’ll be able to make up for the nerfs by jumping on chances to aggressively score additional damage. Worthy of special mention – EX 2nd shoot has been changed. It was often used to zone, but can now be used to gain the initiative from long distance.

Kula:
*s.B adjusted. Compared to the arcade, Kula now moves forward giving the move greater range.
-Recovery on df.B improved
-EX Ray Spin no longer invincible
*EX Ray Spin Sit recovery improved
-EX Diamond Edge is faster
*Freeze execution adjusted. Faster and follow-up hitbox improved.
-EX Counter shell has a stronger hitbox

Yamamoto:
Both supers expending 2 meters have become more powerful. Both make Kula invincible and are good for interrupting opponents or as anti-airs. Her use of meter has increased, so she has become a character that will test meter management skills. It may be fun using the wire damage on counter hit on her EX counter shell.

Although this is the last of the character change series, it certainly isn’t the end of the blog updates. We still have lots of information and movies to show you so stay tuned!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:11:38 AM by BioBooster »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2011, 05:55:10 PM »
dont see any reason to make hangetsuzan unsafe on block, this basically means kim doesnt have any way to chipp safely without meter, thats just crazy.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2011, 05:59:54 PM »
EDIT: @Omegaryuji: Hrm, I understood it as that backdashes are aerial on the first frame?
The way I read it from BioBooster's translation is that the backdash has 1 startup frame, and then it's traveling in the air.  Didn't watch the reference video (youtube blocked at work *laughs* ), though, so if it's showing something different there, all the better.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:02:05 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »
dont see any reason to make hangetsuzan unsafe on block, this basically means kim doesnt have any way to chipp safely without meter, thats just crazy.

Dunno if I like this hangetsuzan change either. Was nice having a mid distance safe move. Now he's going to be a lot of footsies. They should've gave him what buffs they did, but let him have his hangetsuzan fun. I'm slightly surprised by kim, because he's not used by many and could've used some things to make him attractive.

On the other hand, his combo tightness will be very good, just gotta confirm everything...

These changes are insane (loving most of them), but noting what appear to me as the buff victors at the same time:

dat duo lon!
dat chin!
dat yuri!
dat andy!

Backstepping wakeups, I'm totally willing to accept, but apprehensive till I see it - so far sounds fair. It's easy to put a meaty on people and follow with a true blockstring. Can also lead to traps such as surpise supers instead of the meaty that back-dashers will be susceptible to .

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »
The way I read it from BioBooster's translation is that the backdash has 1 startup frame, and then it's traveling in the air.  Didn't watch the reference video (youtube blocked at work *laughs* ), though, so if it's showing something different there, all the better.
Ah. From watching the video, I personally think it looks like Ryo gets a meaty on Kyo and he gets hit in aerial state. But I could be wrong of course.

It's hard to say, but I think I'd prefer it the way you mentioned though. :)

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2011, 06:12:19 PM »

Tough to tell. If you look at the vid and (bc it's one frame) it's crazy hard to make out whether Ryo should be getting a meaty on his D attack. It won't be as helpful as in the corner, but I seriously have to study it when I have a copy.

Anyone else think this change comes straight out of the blue? I might get razzed if I can't land proper meaties, but sure they would not have gone that far....

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2011, 06:26:32 PM »
Would air HGZan count as a safe way to land chip, with the solidified f,f+A? They even made Leona's options more open to counters, so I'm not too suprised for Kim (was it ever this safe before?) And it'll still probably be pretty safe at range.

I was suprised at the safe strings he had in the arcade, so not too suprised now, that he kinda lost it. He's a little worse without meters, and now quite better with meters, so... sounds kinda par the course for console changes, in that regard.

Anyone else think this change comes straight out of the blue? I might get razzed if I can't land proper meaties, but sure they would not have gone that far....

Not entirely. It'll be a smart change for online play, for one, and as mentioned earlier, if rolls are a bit worse in this game than in some previous ones, something to give you a nice way to escape is a welcome change.

Plus, especially with this update, which shows new wayt to combo off of counter hits, plus a bunch of meter-based Anywhere juggles, it again works to their more meter-intensive changes.

I like that it should give Vice a nice way to land even more EX Decide chances, and will land people right into the grasp of Clark's new delayed SAB. It gives a new way for some of the other changes to be seen in a new light, and I think that's actually quite cool.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2011, 06:36:22 PM »
I'm sure it will result in a reset the vast majority of the time because of how fast it is. Most sweeps will connect I think and result in the reset.

It only makes sense when the game gives you so many offensive options to add some more defensive ones, aside from the roll the other options require meter (CD roll and CD blowback). In MOTW it could be annoying because of completely invicibility but here not so much. This was a smart addition by SNK imo.

Not at all, I was fully expecting this change because of how abusable the move was in the arcade version.