Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362205 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #270 on: November 02, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
I think I found a typo in your translation for Kula BioBooster:

Kula:
-Recovery on df.B increased
*EX Ray Spin Sit recovery improved

One says increased, one says improved, both say 硬直時間を減少.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 02, 2011, 09:20:31 PM »
i agree to a degree sab, all the characters you mentioned still have at least 1 safe special for possibly ending blockstring with and possibly setting something up afterwards.

I would not include K' in that statement. In the latest tournaments for EXdragonproject, we've watched his Ein Trigger get stuffed, his minute > narrow spike being blocked lead into whiffed combos If you do Ein trigger real close, I'm pretty sure someone can poke you for it.

Kula:

If they both are increased, I'd be so happy XD.

EDIT:

Also, did anyone catch the part where Maxima gets an Air Reset from a wire? That's just too dirty. He's gonna do a lot of damage with meter.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:32:56 PM by Reiki.Kito »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #272 on: November 02, 2011, 09:48:31 PM »
i agree to a degree sab, all the characters you mentioned still have at least 1 safe special for possibly ending blockstring with and possibly setting something up afterwards.

I would not include K' in that statement. In the latest tournaments for EXdragonproject, we've watched his Ein Trigger get stuffed, his minute > narrow spike being blocked lead into whiffed combos If you do Ein trigger real close, I'm pretty sure someone can poke you for it.

I doubt Kim will be any more punishable than Leona's X Calibur in the air. She flips backwards with it, and you COULD try and make her fall into a fireball of something after it's cancelled from normal->strike arch -> X Calibur, but generally, it's a tight punish. We've seen Grand Saber still used for progressing closer, even though it and Moon slasher have been made slower to recover. I'm sure something very similiar is happening with Kim.

K' punishability is still minimal because he can push you away with the fireball after Eins Trigger. But since the recovery on both is increased, you can roll though it, and probably punish him while he's in it. I'm sure this'll be about the same for Kim. It's very likely all just "nerfing" to make Guard Cancel Recovery Rolls more worth using (again, forcing you to use meter for the big stuff), as there were lots of times in arcade, where characters recovered too quick, and the "GCR" user just ended up getting punished for his evasion.

Quote from: Reiki.Kito

Kula:

If they both are increased, I'd be so happy XD.

EDIT:

Also, did anyone catch the part where Maxima gets an Air Reset from a wire? That's just too dirty. He's gonna do a lot of damage with meter.

Yup, definitely saw Maxima landing that EX Press off the EX Vapor. Wish I knew that at Otakon! XD What does that make the move now? An "Anywhere Grapple"? Will it work aganist normal empty jumpers? CAN IT CATCH HOPS NOW? That'd be amazingly good!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 02, 2011, 09:56:28 PM »
@SAB-CA: I don't know, but I'm certainly going to try. You could catch people in the air with EX Maxima press, but not after a wired attack. This means a counter hit Vapor cannon, Double Vapor Cannon (DM), or EX Vapor Cannon will breed results.

It also means if you do hcb + BD (Maxima Press EX), qcb+P (follow up), qcb+AC (EX Vapor Cannon) => You can follow up with EX Maxima press again.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 02, 2011, 09:58:40 PM »
and a two hit standing D after which you can link more normals into further combos.

So now he has much better f,f+A, an ex air super and can combo for free after a super fast and excellent QCB+BD and you are going to sit there and bitch that he is shit tier without  that QCB+B? Sure.

For the far.D (it's not the stand one) it was actually the case on arcade, but the range is that tight it just NEVER used, unless for people who wants to optimize hd combo.

The two mains change are on the ff.A which hits crouching opponents and Air QCF.BD which allow to LINK normals after it.

I'm starting to play Kensou and i'm strongly wondering if he won't replace Athena in my team, same thing for Leona and Maxima, but i didn't have understand yet how to play him :3
And whose change are conforting me in this way, Kensou seems to be a real monster on console.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:01:54 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #275 on: November 02, 2011, 10:14:36 PM »
@SAB-CA: I don't know, but I'm certainly going to try. You could catch people in the air with EX Maxima press, but not after a wired attack. This means a counter hit Vapor cannon, Double Vapor Cannon (DM), or EX Vapor Cannon will breed results.

It also means if you do hcb + BD (Maxima Press EX), qcb+P (follow up), qcb+AC (EX Vapor Cannon) => You can follow up with EX Maxima press again.

Maxima invents own version of Rugal's God Press SDMs, film at 11:22:11.

It's almost like giving him a new, semi-broken EX DM, lol. Introducing an opponent to both walls of the screen in 1 combo just sounds so fun.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 02, 2011, 10:38:36 PM »
Yeah, and I saw a vid where Kensou had a 85% HD combo which only used meters for his NeoMax which would mean 85% for only 2 meters and full drive?  Fun times?

Also, Liz/Kyo/Shen is Team Ace Attorney.  It shall take over all Fighting Games.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:05:24 PM by Saitsuofleaves »
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2011, 11:36:39 PM »
Yeah, and I saw a vid where Kensou had a 85% HD combo which only used meters for his NeoMax which would mean 85% for only 2 meters and full drive?  Fun times?

Also, Liz/Kyo/Shen is Team Ace Attorney.  It shall take over all Fighting Games.
kyo and shen would make shitty lawyers

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2011, 11:40:30 PM »
Yeah, and I saw a vid where Kensou had a 85% HD combo which only used meters for his NeoMax which would mean 85% for only 2 meters and full drive?  Fun times?

Doesn't matter when they look like the best damn laywers of all time, Miles Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright (respectively).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 03, 2011, 01:44:20 AM »
Yeah, and I saw a vid where Kensou had a 85% HD combo which only used meters for his NeoMax which would mean 85% for only 2 meters and full drive?  Fun times?

Doesn't matter when they look like the best damn laywers of all time, Miles Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright (respectively).
uh i think it would considering both of them didn't go to law school and hell kyo didn't even finish high school

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 03, 2011, 01:51:31 AM »

uh i think it would considering both of them didn't go to law school and hell kyo didn't even finish high school

Why can't you let me have anything?

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 03, 2011, 01:53:47 AM »
Atlus has updated the KOF site, but I was expecting something more specific in the DLC section.
Very generic information.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 03, 2011, 01:55:00 AM »

because im better than you

[spoiler]
also al bundy for the fuckin win[/spoiler]

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2011, 02:19:26 AM »

because im better than you

[spoiler]
also al bundy for the fuckin win[/spoiler]

Whoa whoa whoa, you're better than me?  I'm the President and CEO of IBTY Inc.  By law that means I'm Better Than You.