Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362061 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2011, 08:14:12 AM »
i seriously hope they wont be on the disk it's gonna make a lot of people rage like crazy and from the few videos we've seen so far im guessing that they most likely will be

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2011, 09:01:47 AM »
The DLC EX Team should cost no more than $10 and include all three characters. $8 each is insane; hell, $5 each is pushing it.

Crapsys games charged eight bucks per character.  Crapcom charged 40 dollars for Arcade edition which was essentially ten bucks per character.  Though ten per team would be excellent.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2011, 09:06:54 AM »
EDIT:  WOO, Level Up streaming November 14th at Atlus HQ for some Console Prerelease Stream Event...did we already know about this?

LOL, WTH?  We didn't even announce it yet?  Where did you hear this from?

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 03, 2011, 09:47:52 AM »
EDIT:  WOO, Level Up streaming November 14th at Atlus HQ for some Console Prerelease Stream Event...did we already know about this?

OHOOOOOO?! nice :B

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2011, 09:57:05 AM »
See, we do all kinds of stuff for XIII in Norcal, but nobody sprinkles any awesome sauce our way.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 03, 2011, 10:06:52 AM »
See, we do all kinds of stuff for XIII in Norcal, but nobody sprinkles any awesome sauce our way.

That's because everyone in SFU used Raiden and K Dash, so I cursed you to make sure you'd never get anything cool.  I send Blazblue Cont Shift II Extendz your way.

But seriously, The former arcade infinity crew have been the face of KOF XIII in America.  If you can't show them the goods, who do you show it to?

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 03, 2011, 02:00:05 PM »

The real question is why have you been holding out on us Kane? You knew about something this cool and said nothing? I feel betrayed.

Allright, I'm over it.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 03, 2011, 02:42:28 PM »
Is it me or is Kane really screwed with the new back dash? Ppl can easily get out of the Chin high/low mixups now by the looks of it (take a single hit and be safe or eat a mixup and get comboed). It will also probably be a decent way to get out of hop attack and other forms of pressure, take a little damage in exchange for space and safety.

Anyone else having problem choosing who to main when the console version hits? I am having serious problems choosing, I look at the character select and want to use everyone.

i'm thinking of hitting practice mode to get the basics down and then playing random select from there on during matches. Is random select allowed in tournaments?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 02:53:04 PM by Diavle »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 03, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »
Ah. From watching the video, I personally think it looks like Ryo gets a meaty on Kyo and he gets hit in aerial state. But I could be wrong of course.

It's hard to say, but I think I'd prefer it the way you mentioned though. :)
Having watched the video, it does looks like that Ryo cl.D was meaty, so that means backdash is aerial on frame 1 (unless there's some weird mechanic of reversal backdash taking 1 invincible frame from wakeup or something...not sure if backdashes get the 1 extra frame of reversal timing that special moves get in most KOFs).

Is it me or is Kane really screwed with the new back dash? Ppl can easily get out of the Chin high/low mixups now by the looks of it (take a single hit and be safe or eat a mixup and get comboed). It will also probably be a decent way to get out of hop attack and other forms of pressure, take a little damage in exchange for space and safety.
It's looking bad for grapplers, too, since it seems like backdash will be immune to command grabs instantly.  Pretty annoying, from the look of things.

i'm thinking of hitting practice mode to get the basics down and then playing random select from there on during matches. Is random select allowed in tournaments?
Don't see why random select in tournament wouldn't be allowed, unless there's a chance of getting some banned character (which it doesn't seem like anyone will be).  I guess the only other way it might be an issue is if the tournament uses ratioed character selections.
Old man/bad player

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 03, 2011, 04:01:28 PM »

If such event is happening, it would be icing of the cake if you guys were allowed to get some sort of early retail copies of the game.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 03, 2011, 04:18:30 PM »
Was this announced on Cross Counter? I'd like some confirmation.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 03, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »

if chin does a crouching  ;b and the opponent backdashes, i think chin might still be fast enough to quickly  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b to catch them and cancel that into his half bar combos if not more damage. they are safe for the overhead though. people lets not forget you have some recovery after a backdash, always backdashing will get you killed in kof, this isnt sf. many characters have moves to catch a backdash with and with dc in this game if they have backdash can cost you severe damage. same applies for some of the characters dp's which on his can lead to huge damage if you have dc bars.

easy way to snuff out backdashers is by crouching lights, if they backdash the first crouching light and your character has lets say lizzy's dp he or she is  pretty much fucked. a very simple but effective tip thats worked since the good old days of kof. watch out for reversals and command throws though.

if your dealing with a defensive bitchmade turtles that dont dare to dp and backdahes a lot this will make them think twice about that shit and you can steamroll them unless they actually take risks. (which now you might be able to bait as theyare getting rushed). i saw in one of those mexican vids one guy was getting owned by the other while their level was pretty much the same, it was because the losing one didnt have the balls to do a dp in fear of eating 50%+ damage. just like in sf you gotta make people respect that dp.

edit, im loving the re4mix of ioris arashi no saxophone. damn kyos easka remix as well. why the fuck did these fucktards makethe rest of the old music ost instead of ast is beyond me, one of the most retarded things they could have done for a sountrackpack imo.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:45:48 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 03, 2011, 04:57:33 PM »
Anyone else having problem choosing who to main when the console version hits? I am having serious problems choosing, I look at the character select and want to use everyone.

Less than a month away and I still have no idea.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 03, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
It's looking bad for grapplers, too, since it seems like backdash will be immune to command grabs instantly.  Pretty annoying, from the look of things.

Hadn't considered grapplers, good point.

Don't see why random select in tournament wouldn't be allowed, unless there's a chance of getting some banned character (which it doesn't seem like anyone will be).  I guess the only other way it might be an issue is if the tournament uses ratioed character selections.

Yeah here's hoping its okay, I played KOF2002 for quite a while like this and it was a lot of fun (though I think some ppl take it as an insult, like you're messing around).

Less than a month away and I still have no idea.

*high five*

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 03, 2011, 05:16:02 PM »
The overall changes to the characters are really sexy, it will give another kind of gameplay from the arcade version.

I wonder if the DLC characters will be allowed in tournaments.

Yeah they will outside of being released like in the immediate vicinity to a tourney to where no one can really prepare or test out what they can do.

Man, that was supposed to be some top secret shit, where did you hear about this?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof