Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362124 times)

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #345 on: November 04, 2011, 02:45:01 AM »
minor nitpick i notice everyone calls Vice's arm grab Decide but it's Deicide (Killing God).

I call it "arm". I'm but a simple man.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 04, 2011, 03:13:29 AM »
Norcal refers to it as sleeves.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 04, 2011, 03:17:13 AM »
so is there gonna be another sta ranbats soon? or are yall gonna wait till after the console version hits?

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 04, 2011, 03:18:12 AM »
Norcal refers to it as sleeves.

I always called it Grabbing Hand.  Though I can also see it being referred to as Scorpion's GET OVER HERE!

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 04, 2011, 03:26:32 AM »
He shouldn't be. Matter of fact, if it lets a person hop and get insta-air moves, Clark might be the best to mix that up, with his lengthy full-body Guardpoint. Also, since he can cancel normals into hops, it should really help him follow up and keep the pressure in a unique way.
I agree that the command hop should help Clark stop people from fleeing (unless they can fly like Iori), but how exactly does the frankenstein backbreaker do anything against backdashes, considering it'll whiff on airborne opponents?

I always called it Grabbing Hand.  Though I can also see it being referred to as Scorpion's GET OVER HERE!
I call it the goose, since back in 1996, it was funny to say "Geese got goosed".
Old man/bad player

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 04, 2011, 03:59:29 AM »
Professor from Mmcafe has something to say about the japanese release date:
It seems that retailers in Japan including major electronics outlet Sofmap have have now received notice and they're marking KOF13's release for December 1. SNKP will probably make a public announcement tomorrow or very soon.

Rising Star Games previously disclosed that Japan's release date is the same as Europe. So it's substantially a one-week delay for Japan, although SNKP's official stance has been that it'll be released "within 2011" in the country.

Note: This doesn't mean that the US' or Europe's release date has been effected.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #351 on: November 04, 2011, 04:28:21 AM »
I agree that the command hop should help Clark stop people from fleeing (unless they can fly like Iori), but how exactly does the frankenstein backbreaker do anything against backdashes, considering it'll whiff on airborne opponents?

It someone could use a quick aerial move to try and quick-hop-aerial special Clark, he'd be able to absorb the hit, and then grab them afterwards, that's what I mean. Or if they hop back and you AA them with a jab or backhand, and they recover and are antsy, use the GP SAB to absorb their panic'd attack, and slam em.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 04, 2011, 04:47:31 AM »
He shouldn't be. Matter of fact, if it lets a person hop and get insta-air moves, Clark might be the best to mix that up, with his lengthy full-body Guardpoint. Also, since he can cancel normals into hops, it should really help him follow up and keep the pressure in a unique way.

I call it the goose, since back in 1996, it was funny to say "Geese got goosed".

The Goose?  How exactly is it a Goose?  It's a grabbing hand.  Though to be fair, I always used Mature for the grabbing hand.  Goose sounds silly.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 04, 2011, 05:11:27 AM »
The Goose?  How exactly is it a Goose?  It's a grabbing hand.  Though to be fair, I always used Mature for the grabbing hand.  Goose sounds silly.
Some things are not meant to be questioned, is why *laughs*
Old man/bad player

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2011, 05:27:34 AM »
Some things are not meant to be questioned, is why *laughs*

I challenge your goose and call it a gander!

Geese got Gandered at by some hot woman.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 04, 2011, 05:47:12 AM »
so is there gonna be another sta ranbats soon? or are yall gonna wait till after the console version hits?

Should have your hookup this Sunday!

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 04, 2011, 05:47:46 AM »
Professor from Mmcafe has something to say about the japanese release date:
It seems that retailers in Japan including major electronics outlet Sofmap have have now received notice and they're marking KOF13's release for December 1. SNKP will probably make a public announcement tomorrow or very soon.

Rising Star Games previously disclosed that Japan's release date is the same as Europe. So it's substantially a one-week delay for Japan, although SNKP's official stance has been that it'll be released "within 2011" in the country.

Note: This doesn't mean that the US' or Europe's release date has been effected.

*opens up whiskey and empties the bottle* The 2011 thing and its perpetual presence on the site had been bothering me for a long time. T_T
I can't think of any sane reason for this if it pans out to be Dec 1 other than them trying to avoid release collision with another title coming out in Japan then.

I will die a little inside if I have to take myself out of the kickoff tourney (maybe not a little)

...damn...

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 04, 2011, 06:13:03 AM »
So anyone seen the videos from elivepro? The ones with Frionel going over some changes with Team Japan and Gaoru...

http://orochinagi.com/2011/11/team-japan-and-garou-console-changes

All I can say is that Goro's HD combo looks painful.

link for goro vid please.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 04, 2011, 06:26:52 AM »
Damn it , i hope it doesn't get delayed again, even if it's in Japan only. On the other hand it will give me more time to get some money to pre-order it :)

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 04, 2011, 06:35:15 AM »
At least it is only one month later. I know a game that has change it's release date 5 times, and the actual release date was 3 years later than the first announced date. I don't think KOF will be this bad so be cool. I think we will get the game this year, in 2011, not 2012, or 2014.
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is